No
80.77%
21 80.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay is Dalton an elite QB?
(09-24-2018, 09:30 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No, Andy Dalton is not elite — and I’m done with him.  I defended him since 2011 but he’s not the long term solution in Cincinnati.  Let’s trade him while his value is high and the rest of the league thinks he’s still good.  He’s not a playoff caliber quarterback.

I swear I watch different games than some fans.  Dalton was great yesterday despite what the stat sheet says.  Those plays on the run to boyd were a thing of beauty and something I've wanted to see from AD since he has been in the league.  One int was a fail mary, one off the chest of malone, and one where Ross didn't even have his eyes towards the QB.

The only one that wasn't great was his first INT, again, targeting Ross.  Even this one wasn't that bad as it was 3rd and 17 and was essentially a short punt.

Dalton was not the issue yesterday.  He was easily playing good enough to win that game.  The D and Ross failed him.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
Thought Andy played well despite the 4 ints. Came close to winning that game despite only 13 rushing attempts by offense. No Green the second half either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:44 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Cam Newton is better than Dalton but Dalton is having a solid year.  He's playing above average this season. He's not elite. No sane person thinks he's elite.

Their career numbers don't prove your point!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:38 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Their career numbers don't prove your point!

Cam’s MVP and Super Bowl run might though...

Reply/Quote
And it matters because ???????

How many elite QB's do you think are in the NFL ?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All he has to do to cut that number in half is stop throwing the ball to Ross. You could tell Andy was picking his words very carefully when asked about it in the post game. He didn't throw Ross under the bus, but you could see it in his eyes as he said they all have to do better.....

Well, Malone tipped one up that should have been caught as well.....but Ross was a bum yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Is Dalton elite? No.

Is he good enough to win a Super Bowl? Yea.
Reply/Quote
LMAO, troll thread is troll thread. Nary a peep from this guy after 4TDs against Balt, a win against Indy.....but has a ball tipped by a WR into a defender's hands, Ross stops on a route, and a desperation Hail Mary at 0:00 that ends with an INT, and we get this shit. LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Guess what, he still had two TDs, and 350 plus yards through the air on the road against Carolina.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:07 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is Dalton elite? No.

Is he good enough to win a Super Bowl? Yea.

Exactly.....it's been hashed over and over and over......we know what he is.  He is going to play pretty well if you protect him.  10-14 range.....about right.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:09 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Exactly.....it's been hashed over and over and over......we know what he is.  He is going to play pretty well if you protect him.  10-14 range.....about right.

I think more 15-17. Truly middle of the pack, imo.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:35 AM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: I swear I watch different games than some fans.  Dalton was great yesterday despite what the stat sheet says.  Those plays on the run to boyd were a thing of beauty and something I've wanted to see from AD since he has been in the league.  One int was a fail mary, one off the chest of malone, and one where Ross didn't even have his eyes towards the QB.

The only one that wasn't great was his first INT, again, targeting Ross.  Even this one wasn't that bad as it was 3rd and 17 and was essentially a short punt.

Dalton was not the issue yesterday.  He was easily playing good enough to win that game.  The D and Ross failed him.

....can't overlook the fact that the WRs ran the scramble drill instead of just standing at the end of their routes.  That has been lacking too.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think more 15-17. Truly middle of the pack, imo.

With a bad oline....15-20.  With a decent one, 10-14.  We just have differing opinions.... :andy:

Reply/Quote
I see one person said yes so far. I guess there are still people believing. I was ready to move on from Dalton a few years ago.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO, troll thread is troll thread.  Nary a peep from this guy after 4TDs against Balt, a win against Indy.....but has a ball tipped by a WR into a defender's hands, Ross stops on a route, and a desperation Hail Mary at 0:00 that ends with an INT, and we get this shit.  LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Guess what, he still had two TDs, and 350 plus yards through the air on the road against Carolina.

Haters gonna hate  :paul:

Dalton could throw 5 TD's in the next game go for 400 yards and they'd claim it was all the WR's

Why does it matter if Dalton is elite or not ? 9/10's of the QB's in the NFL aren't "elite"
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see one person said yes so far. I guess there are still people believing. I was ready to move on from Dalton a few years ago.

Cleveland has "moved on" from a couple QB's over the last decade plus, where's that got em.

The problems with this team are far greater than AD.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Haters gonna hate  :paul:

Dalton could throw 5 TD's in the next game go for 400 yards and they'd claim it was all the WR's

Why does it matter if Dalton is elite or not ? 9/10's of the QB's in the NFL aren't "elite"

Yeah, I mean there's ZERO doubt he's not elite.  In fact, there are only three of them, IMO.....Rodgers, Brady, Brees.  Pig Pen is falling off, and there may be a couple of youngsters ascend to that level, but as of now.....3.  Out of 32.  WTF do people expect?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see one person said yes so far. I guess there are still people believing. I was ready to move on from Dalton a few years ago.

Oh ok, let's move on then. 

Oh, while you're at it, do you mind being in charge of finding an elite QB for the team? They seem to just grow on trees, and it's always obvious who will be elite. Contact Cleveland and the Jets if you need help and some inspiration!
Reply/Quote

Then move on
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:34 AM)thillan Wrote: Oh ok, let's move on then. 

Oh, while you're at it, do you mind being in charge of finding an elite QB for the team? They seem to just grow on trees, and it's always obvious who will be elite. Contact Cleveland and the Jets if you need help and some inspiration!

Idk, look at KC. I think Dalton and Smith are extremely close in terms of quality, and it looks like they did the right thing moving on from Smith to Mahomes. Obviously time will tell, but he looks great so far.

Reply/Quote
Elite?  You betchum.. How many QBs start as rookies and remain starters in the NFL their entire careers? Not many. 
If Andy became a FA just about every team would want him and most would make him their starter on day one. The win/loss record doesn't tell us anywhere near the full story . It really only tells us about the other players around them and about the coaching staff.  Andy is elite, but the team is not. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote