No
80.77%
21 80.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay is Dalton an elite QB?
(09-24-2018, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, look at KC. I think Dalton and Smith are extremely close in terms of quality, and it looks like they did the right thing moving on from Smith to Mahomes. Obviously time will tell, but he looks great so far.

Yeah I live in Kansas, so I watch them every week. But what I'm saying is not everyone gets a shot at a guy like Mahomes. They had to trade up to get the guy. And it's not easy to find these guys.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is the top 8-15 QBs out of 7 billion people on Earth.

I'd say that is definitely elite.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:34 AM)thillan Wrote: Oh ok, let's move on then. 

Oh, while you're at it, do you mind being in charge of finding an elite QB for the team? They seem to just grow on trees, and it's always obvious who will be elite. Contact Cleveland and the Jets if you need help and some inspiration!
I'm actually thinking about building a house out of those QB trees. The problem is they're rare as opposed to all the stupid people trees. Stupid people grow on trees and it's harvest season year round.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I mean there's ZERO doubt he's not elite.  In fact, there are only three of them, IMO.....Rodgers, Brady, Brees.  Pig Pen is falling off, and there may be a couple of youngsters ascend to that level, but as of now.....3.  Out of 32.  WTF do people expect?

Exactly !

Dalton never should have thrown the last pass I was sitting there thinking why even throw it ? I know never give up but come on 5 seconds left down by 10. Ok guys let's pull the throw a hail mary recover and on side kick drive 20 yards and kick the tying FG in 5 seconds with no time outs plays out of the book and do this.

(09-24-2018, 11:34 AM)thillan Wrote: Oh ok, let's move on then. 

Oh, while you're at it, do you mind being in charge of finding an elite QB for the team? They seem to just grow on trees, and it's always obvious who will be elite. Contact Cleveland and the Jets if you need help and some inspiration!

Without a doubt
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, look at KC. I think Dalton and Smith are extremely close in terms of quality, and it looks like they did the right thing moving on from Smith to Mahomes. Obviously time will tell, but he looks great so far.

Ok so all you got to do is get ahold of the Bengals and let them know who the next elite QB is gonna be.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton is the top 8-15 QBs out of 7 billion people on Earth.

I'd say that is definitely elite.
This is true.

Three of the four INTs were on the WRs.

Ross is really not good at this stage and 80 went to sleep on the ball that bounced off of him.

Our o line is not "elite" that is for sure- not many QBs would do better given the right side of our line.

The new LT also got burned several times yesterday.

Both of our lines got completely outplayed yesterday and we were only in the game because of some great plays by Dalton and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:37 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dalton threw 4 picks today. I asked this question a few years ago. Some posters thought he is elite. Look at Cam rushing for touchdowns along with other QB's. I say he is just average. What do you say?

This stupid topic rminds of why i quit watching espn and talking heads in general.  They take a stat line like the 4 pics out of context, KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT THEY ARE DOING, only to slam someone who played a great game. Anyone who watched that game and thinks we lost because of andy dalton doesn't have a clue. 

And its pretty annoying also. 
Reply/Quote

It had more do with money i thought. Mahomes is new... sooo
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:37 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dalton threw 4 picks today. I asked this question a few years ago. Some posters thought he is elite. Look at Cam rushing for touchdowns along with other QB's. I say he is just average. What do you say?

Dude's not elite, but he's definitely above average.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Those who feel Andy is elite (lets say top 4-5) are rare, even on here. Either way, to use one game as proof of anything is asinine. 

Dalton has a slightly lower career INT % than Newton and Dalton has a better TD %. 

Dalton also has a better career passer rating (88.8 to 85.7), more wins, 5 more 4th qtr comebacks and 6 more game winning drives. 

Newton is a better runner and his best season > Dalton's best season. That's really all he's got on Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Btw, I didn't get to see this game until afterwards, and when I saw 4 picks on the box score, I thought Dalton had a meltdown game.

But when I watched, it really didn't look bad. At least 2 picks weren't really on him. He played well despite the picks, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 02:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I didn't get to see this game until afterwards, and when I saw 4 picks on the box score, I thought Dalton had a meltdown game.

But when I watched, it really didn't look bad. At least 2 picks weren't really on him. He played well despite the picks, IMO.

It's the same old story Shake, same old song and dance. Our defense made McCaffery look like Barry Sanders 2.0, key penalties stopped drives and kept their's going. Our blazing speed WR takes plays off in crunch time. Typical team meltdown so let's blame the QB.

When the fact is Dalton played a pretty decent game all things considered. Had we had AJ, Mixon, Burfict, and Price I'm sure we could have won even with the shower curtain D.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 02:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's the same old story Shake, same old song and dance. Our defense made McCaffery look like Barry Sanders 2.0, key penalties stopped drives and kept their's going. Our blazing speed WR takes plays off in crunch time. Typical team meltdown so let's blame the QB.

When the fact is Dalton played a pretty decent game all things considered. Had we had AJ, Mixon, Burfict, and Price I'm sure we could have won even with the shower curtain D.

From what I saw, it looks like Carolina used the old playoff formula to beat us. Run it down our throat, very few pass attempts. 

That said, it looks like we had opportunities to win this one. I imagine with Mixon, Price and Burfict, this would've been a different game.

We NEED those guys back.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 03:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: From what I saw, it looks like Carolina used the old playoff formula to beat us. Run it down our throat, very few pass attempts. 

That said, it looks like we had opportunities to win this one. I imagine with Mixon, Price and Burfict, this would've been a different game.

We NEED those guys back.

Yep.....and keep our offense off of the field.  If Olsen plays, we may have even been treated to the ol' "TE wide open over the middle for 15" routine.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ok so all you got to do is get ahold of the Bengals and let them know who the next elite QB is gonna be.

Well, I don’t get paid the big bucks, that’s Tobin and Co’s job!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:15 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: It had more do with money i thought. Mahomes is new... sooo

And probably a lot better. John Dorsey seems to know how to pick a QB. I think he hit with Mayfield as well.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All he has to do to cut that number in half is stop throwing the ball to Ross. You could tell Andy was picking his words very carefully when asked about it in the post game. He didn't throw Ross under the bus, but you could see it in his eyes as he said they all have to do better.....

Ross is responsible for two, one was a game ending hail Mary, and the other one hit the receiver in the hands and bounced up in the air. While his haters climb out of the woodwork whenever they lose this loss is on the defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:52 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Ross is responsible for two, one was a game ending hail Mary, and the other one hit the receiver in the hands and bounced up in the air. While his haters climb out of the woodwork whenever they lose this loss is on the defense.

Actually the one hit Malone in the chest.

I think Andy was at least partly to blame on the first Ross pick, but not on the other 3.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 11:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Actually the one hit Malone in the chest.

I think Andy was at least partly to blame on the first Ross pick, but not on the other 3.

That's the way I saw it.  It was a risky throw, and Ross could have done more to defend the ball, but the throw was off a bit.  The Hail Mary is a 50/50 shot....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 11:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's the way I saw it.  It was a risky throw, and Ross could have done more to defend the ball, but the throw was off a bit.  The Hail Mary is a 50/50 shot....

too many unproven players on this so-called team.Not enough training camp practice any more thanks so much to the CBA.football anymore is a joke and players are mostly in it for the money.once they get the big contract,its over for them to risk much.nfl is all about the dollars anymore.most players are smart enough to stay away from fighting for a cause or a citys pride.The refs control the outcome of games and the panthers O-line was holding all game and I can think of at least 7 times they should have been called which would have changed the outcome of this loss.The refs did not call one of those and when players see they are getting away with it they will continue to do it. DUD
Players have to go to the refs and complain and marvin does not stand up for his guys.He is a waddleing *****.Hope he is gone soon and mikey boy too.This franchise is so screwed up.I feel so very badly for all the long-time suffering fans,and this is going to be another losing season.believe that.8 and 8 boys and girls.need a massive overhaul,especially with the conditioning coach,these players are hurt every picking year.nothing but injuries always and forever. Hilarious Sad Cry
Reply/Quote