Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Plans to Castrate Sex Offenders
There's a bill in Oklahoma that would allow sex offenders to get out early if they went through chemical castration.

Apparently, it's already been done in California and Texas.

I think it's bullshit because it's not actual castration, but just reduces testosterone levels, which is supposed to decrease sexual interest. Reducing testosterone doesn't kill the addiction or the sickness, though, which is why it's bullshit, and that's what this Representative says:

Quote:"If it was left up to me and John Bennett was President, I would cut them, I would completely physically castrate them," Bennett said.

If this passes and they start letting sex offenders out, how many women and children do you think will suffer from it because a sex offender can't control themselves? Can law makers live with that on their conscience? I bet they can.

Other countries cut-off offenders' dicks....... we give them injections and set them free.

Here's the link.
generally, most sex offenders wouldn't be able to offend again, provided their testosterone levels are low. They physically won't be able to gain an erection. Likewise, with a lower amount of testosterone, there won't be many of the same aggressive tendencies.

and what other countries regular castrate sex offenders?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-13-2015, 09:44 PM)Benton Wrote: generally, most sex offenders wouldn't be able to offend again, provided their testosterone levels are low. They physically won't be able to gain an erection. Likewise, with a lower amount of testosterone, there won't be many of the same aggressive tendencies.

and what other countries regular castrate sex offenders?

I embellished a bit, but it seems like this country is soft in punishing everyone, especially sex offenders.

Also, just because they can't get an erection (which some still could), doesn't change their mindset or obsession with touching or kissing or anything else in children, which is why, as I have seen politicians argue in articles, this is a bogus law.
(10-13-2015, 09:44 PM)Benton Wrote: and what other countries regular castrate sex offenders?

Czech Republic, unless it has changed recently. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-13-2015, 10:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I embellished a bit, but it seems like this country is soft in punishing everyone, especially sex offenders.

Also, just because they can't get an erection (which some still could), doesn't change their mindset or obsession with touching or kissing or anything else in children, which is why, as I have seen politicians argue in articles, this is a bogus law.

I wouldn't say soft. But I would saw we aren't applying common sense approaches. Treatment for addiction is one of the best ways to prevent recidivism in drug related crimes, but few states can handle the number of addicts. And some are still doling out huge sentences for people possessing drugs, or growing them for their own use. Meanwhile, you can own a product that you knowingly allowed to harm people and — since it's a company — pay a punitive fine and get away with it. Or you can steal millions as a white collar crime and just pay it back, but do decades in prison for robbing a gas station. 

As far as the touching, that's not going to change if you cut off an offender's penis. (Can we say penis on this site? Haven't tried.) As with chemical castration, surgical only works to lower a man's testosterone. The difference is surgical gives someone the pleasure of holding up a sick person's nuts and say "never again!" Since that's usually a surgeon, they probably don't say that anyway as they're mostly sociopaths. Chemical does the same thing without the snipping.

(10-13-2015, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Czech Republic, unless it has changed recently. 

I'm not finding much outside of them in google searches. And it doesn't sound like it happens very often.

One thing I did find interesting was one country allows it as an option a couple years ago. Us, at least Texas and Louisiana. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/alabama-legislator-force-pedophiles-castration-knife-article-1.1502997
The majority of rapes are about power, not penetration.
Therefore, I don't think I could be onboard, even if it were physical castration.