Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oline combinations
(08-26-2020, 10:17 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I remember when Whitworth first got here we had him and Bobbie Williams as are starting guards. Bobbie was pushing 350lbs and was one of my favorite obscure Bengals players. The whole O-line was massive with Big Willie at RT and they had Stacey Andrews as a backup tackle at 6’7 340lbs. Size isn’t everything just reminiscing about when we had a good O-line lol.

Stacy Andrews sucked though.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Hakeem will be the best OT on the team by the end of the year.  He plays like a vet and has best feet movement and body posture.  He is the real deal.

Has there been videos of this? I've not seen any linked anywhere. Thank you in advance 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stacy Andrews sucked though.

Agreed he sucked ,was just stating how big that line was in reference to a post about Michael Jordan and Fred Johnson being big guards/ lineman. Personally I think size isn’t everything. I thought that Michael Jordan sucked last year but I’ll give him a break considering he was a 20 year old rookie that battled injuries. The jury is still out on Johnson, personally I find it hard to believe we found some hidden gem. If your that big, talented and played at Florida you’ll probably get drafted. If Johnson can’t beat out Hart he’s probably not that good. Anyways besides Andrews we had some great/good lineman on that line , Levi Jones , Willie Anderson , Whitworth , Bobbie Williams , and company.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:46 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed he sucked ,was just stating how big that line was in reference to a post about Michael Jordan and Fred Johnson being big guards/ lineman.  Personally I think size isn’t everything. I thought that Michael Jordan sucked last year but I’ll give him a break considering he was a 20 year old rookie that battled injuries. The jury is still out on Johnson, personally I find it hard to believe we found some hidden gem. If your that big, talented and played at Florida you’ll probably get drafted. If Johnson can’t beat out Hart he’s probably not that good. Anyways besides Andrews we had some great/good lineman on that line , Levi Jones , Willie Anderson , Whitworth , Bobbie Williams , and company.

Agree, that was a damn good O-line. Steinbach wasn't a big Guard but he was a damn good pulling Guard for us.

Technique is the biggest deal when talking about Lineman, that is why I think Jonah will be really good. Great technique.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:46 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Has there been videos of this? I've not seen any linked anywhere. Thank you in advance 

On the front page of this board there are links to the right that show vids. The recent Training Camp video with Lap and Hoard
is on there, it shows Burrow and says something like cool, calm and collected or something like that. You can also view that same
vid on Bengals.com. I just would rather go from here directly to the vid.

Lots of twitter vids on this site too off to the right on the front page.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:46 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Has there been videos of this? I've not seen any linked anywhere. Thank you in advance 

I was watching TC videos on facebook.  Hakeem is a stud.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I was watching TC videos on facebook.  Hakeem is a stud.  

How awesome would it be if a 6th round pick came in and locked down the RT spot as a rookie.

Reply/Quote
Hakeem did look good in the vids

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:46 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The jury is still out on Johnson, personally I find it hard to believe we found some hidden gem. If your that big, talented and played at Florida you’ll probably get drafted. 
That's what I thought too at first too. Most decent SEC tackles are usually drafted high so how did he go undrafted? Is it because he's only been playing football for a few years and doesn't "show that he loves football" as Turner stated? 

Maybe he learned a lot in the short time he was in Pittsburgh as they always seem to develop every offensive lineman they find off the street. They were upset when we claimed him, so they obviously saw something in him if they were hoping to sneak him on their PS. What a great move it'd end up being if Pittsburgh started the development of one of our next great linemen.

I personally think Fred will takeover RG so we can beef up that inside as much as possible.
Reply/Quote
With Michael Jordan out Xavier Su'a-Filo moved to Left Guard and Fred Johnson took first team reps at Right Guard... Billy Price is really falling down the depth chart.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 04:57 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: That's what I thought too at first too. Most decent SEC tackles are usually drafted high so how did he go undrafted? Is it because he's only been playing football for a few years and doesn't "show that he loves football" as Turner stated? 

Maybe he learned a lot in the short time he was in Pittsburgh as they always seem to develop every offensive lineman they find off the street. They were upset when we claimed him, so they obviously saw something in him if they were hoping to sneak him on their PS. What a great move it'd end up being if Pittsburgh started the development of one of our next great linemen.

I personally think Fred will takeover RG so we can beef up that inside as much as possible.

Fred sure looked good in the last TC report vid and he was going against Hubbard the terror.

Fred is a monster, if either XSF, Price or Hart aren't cutting it Fred could take either one of their spots.

Love his versatility. Adeniji also looked great and is extremely versatile.

Feeling better about the O-line than I was last year that is for sure.

(08-27-2020, 05:32 PM)Synric Wrote: With Michael Jordan out Xavier Su'a-Filo moved to Left Guard and Fred Johnson took first team reps at Right Guard... Billy Price is really falling down the depth chart.

Yep, Price better improve big time, these other guys are playing well.

XSF played better at LG than RG as a Cowboy. 

So happy we brought in this guy he is talented or he wouldn't of got drafted so high.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 05:32 PM)Synric Wrote: With Michael Jordan out Xavier Su'a-Filo moved to Left Guard and Fred Johnson took first team reps at Right Guard... Billy Price is really falling down the depth chart.

I think it was more that he was penciled in as the second string center for the day. I’ve heard a Turner say a couple times in interviews this summer that Price is the first guy off the bench for all three interior spots.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 11:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it was more that he was penciled in as the second string center for the day. I’ve heard a Turner say a couple times in interviews this summer that Price is the first guy off the bench for all three interior spots.

Man do I want Price to become the player I thought he could be, similar to Ross who has also disappointed me big time.
Reply/Quote