Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oline starters
(08-29-2019, 09:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I remember another very good LT who started out for us at LG, Whittworth quickly moved to LT. I think Jordan ends up one of our tackles in time. He is young and he has the build of a OT versus a guard, much like Whitt.

What about Jonah Williams?  We shouldn't underestimate the importance (not saying you are) of a strong middle of the offensive line.  If Jordan, Hopkins, and Price (or maybe Miller) end up being what I think they can, the Bengals would be very solid for years to come with Williams at LT and Hart at RT.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What about Jonah Williams?  We shouldn't underestimate the importance (not saying you are) of a strong middle of the offensive line.  If Jordan, Hopkins, and Price (or maybe Miller) end up being what I think they can, the Bengals would be very solid for years to come with Williams at LT and Hart at RT.  

It is wishful thinking on my part to get a 4th round pick to become a great LT in time. Guards are important, but Tackles are harder to find. I just look at his build and it screams OT and not guard to me, but either way, I would be thrilled if he turns into an all pro guard or tackle.

If we get 2 long term OL starters Williams and Jordan) in one draft, that would be huge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is wishful thinking on my part to get a 4th round pick to become a great LT in time. Guards are important, but Tackles are harder to find. I just look at his build and it screams OT and not guard to me, but either way, I would be thrilled if he turns into an all pro guard or tackle.

If we get 2 long term OL starters Williams and Jordan) in one draft, that would be huge.

I see the same thing with Jordan, hopefully he at least learns to play OT so he can move over in an emergency.

Cause like you said, he has the build of an OT.
Reply/Quote