Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On A Serious Note ...
Now that Iloka is gone, who gets the 'knock Juju on his ass' assignment .. or will they let it ride, trying to NOT let the Steelers push their buttons?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Now that Iloka is gone, who gets the 'knock Juju on his ass' assignment .. or will they let it ride, trying to NOT let the Steelers push their buttons?

My money is on Burfict and hope it does not lead to another suspension. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Shut them up by shutting them down.

It hurts the whole team when players are worried more about getting in a cheap shot than taking care of their assignment.
Reply/Quote
and it may happen during warm ups Ninja

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: My money is on Burfict and hope it does not lead to another suspension. 

I would love to see it, but I don't think he (Bengals) can afford taking a chance.  Not sure though if Burfict can refrain.
Reply/Quote
I don't expect any of them will take a cheap shot at him, knowing the refs will be looking for just that, but if Burfict gets a chance to make a clean hit on him, I expect he will cut him in half.....
Reply/Quote
Why not just beat them?

Are we seriously wondering about this? After the Shazier incident, I don’t want any more bad blood between the two. A guy was nearly paralyzed for life.

Play football the right way, and focus on winning. That’s what I’m looking for.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't expect any of them will take a cheap shot at him, knowing the refs will be looking for just that, but if Burfict gets a chance to make a clean hit on him, I expect he will cut him in half.....

This x100

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Shut them up by shutting them down.

It hurts the whole team when players are worried more about getting in a cheap shot than taking care of their assignment.

Will agree and as I've said before, 3 teams have been successful at button pushing the Bengals (Steelers, Pats, and Jags).  When AJ goes off like he did against Ramsey, sumpin' ain't right.

IMHO the ONLY way they beat ANY of these teams is stay focused and IGNORE THE NOISE!!  (BTW, one of ML's greatest quotes and contributions)
Reply/Quote
Anyone here at least agree that one of this team's biggest problems is letting some teams 'get into their heads'???

If so, can they refrain??
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Anyone here at least agree that one of this team's biggest problems is letting some teams 'get into their heads'???

My God yes. I’ve believed that this team has lacked mental toughness for years now... and it’s early, but they definitely look better in that regard.

When AJ Green loses his cool, then we have a SERIOUS problem. They shy away from the Steelers, are scared of good defenses, and have problems being aggressive.

Hoping this year is different.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:46 PM)thillan Wrote: Why not just beat them?

Are we seriously wondering about this? After the Shazier incident, I don’t want any more bad blood between the two. A guy was nearly paralyzed for life.

Play football the right way, and focus on winning. That’s what I’m looking for.

Shazier was a dirty football player, almost killed Gio illegally. He constantly used the crown of his helmet to target. He was hurt because he did just that again. The rule is in place to protect both tackler and opposing player.

So to be clear, I wish Shazier would not have tried to hurt someone leading to his own health problem, but HE CAUSED IT SO ONLY BENGALS HAVE RIGHT TO BE UPSET ON THAT PLAY!!!!!!!!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My money has always been On Shawn Williams. Someone really needs to light up JuJu he’s been talking smack all offseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Anyone here at least agree that one of this team's biggest problems is letting some teams 'get into their heads'???

I agree, there is one team they let get into their heads.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, there is one team they let get into their heads.

Disagree.  Pats and Jags too.  (Gronk and Ramsey both accomplished this)
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: My money has always been On Shawn Williams.  Someone really needs to light up JuJu he’s been talking smack all offseason.

Burfict and all Bengals players should grunt every time they try and cut him in two legally going after his knees and nothing up high.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Now that Iloka is gone, who gets the 'knock Juju on his ass' assignment .. or will they let it ride, trying to NOT let the Steelers push their buttons?

Before the season i thought it would be Iloka but now i am thinking we just want to beat them.

I think we are more classy than that now honestly. Beat them and leave them with their head down.

It was fun watching the Steelers with their heads down yesterday, lets keep this up. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shazier was a dirty football player, almost killed Gio illegally. He constantly used the crown of his helmet to target. He was hurt because he did just that again. The rule is in place to protect both tackler and opposing player.

So to be clear, I wish Shazier would not have tried to hurt someone leading to his own health problem, but HE CAUSED IT SO ONLY BENGALS HAVE RIGHT TO BE UPSET ON THAT PLAY!!!!!!!!!

I’m definitely not disagreeing that Shazier is a dirty football player.

Here’s why I said it: When a football player wants to hurt another football player, they will lead with the head or shoulder, and will go for the head. These guys are animals when on the field, and adrenaline takes over.

Now, to follow up: Guess who else is dirty? Vontaze Burfict. Shawn Williams. Both of these guys have shown to be headhunters at times, and it can end up in SERIOUS injury. I’d rather both teams tackle properly and play football.

I can’t be mad at Shazier, I actually feel horrible for him (not that he needs it, he’s a tough SOB). He is still learning how to walk again, in his 20s. Even with his dirty hit on Gio, two wrongs don’t make a right.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Disagree.  Pats and Jags too.  (Gronk and Ramsey both accomplished this)

Jags was one game???

Steelers is only team going back to Huber and Rivers our team truly hates. Ramsey antagonizes a lot of guys. Pats and Brady have just been better and beat us on the field.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:00 PM)thillan Wrote: I’m definitely not disagreeing that Shazier is a dirty football player.

Here’s why I said it: When a football player wants to hurt another football player, they will lead with the head or shoulder, and will go for the head. These guys are animals when on the field, and adrenaline takes over.

Now, to follow up: Guess who else is dirty? Vontaze Burfict. Shawn Williams. Both of these guys have shown to be headhunters at times, and it can end up in SERIOUS injury. I’d rather both teams tackle properly and play football.

I can’t be mad at Shazier, I actually feel horrible for him (not that he needs it, he’s a tough SOB). He is still learning how to walk again, in his 20s. Even with his dirty hit on Gio, two wrongs don’t make a right.

I get pissed at drink driver's also that injure themselves while killing or hurting others so I am consistent. Yes, Burfict is very dirty so using your logic, JuJu is now the culprit and not Burfict

Reply/Quote