Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On A Serious Note ...
(09-17-2018, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Before the season i thought it would be Iloka but now i am thinking we just want to beat them.

I think we are more classy than that now honestly. Beat them and leave them with their head down.

It was fun watching the Steelers with their heads down yesterday, lets keep this up. ThumbsUp

Well, I couldn't agree more.  Love knowing they are pointing fingers and thinking more about 'themselves' than winning.

Maybe my 'new' approach will pay off by refusing to watch ANY NFL games, just going to the website AFTER the game and seeing the outcome and highlights.  (Veteran anthem reasons)

So far they are 5-1 with this.  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jags was one game???

Steelers is only team going back to Huber and Rivers our team truly hates. Ramsey antagonizes a lot of guys. Pats and Brady have just been better and beat us on the field.

Yes, long term Steelers, but the Jags (Ramsey) finally figured it out.

Watch the last meeting between Bengals and Pats.  Gronk also figured it out.  After one of his receptions he taunted and got the Bengals riled up.  Gronk didn't cause any Bengal penalties, but he planted the seed, AND it wasn't until the Bengals went bonkers at his taunting forcing the refs to finally throw a flag on Gronk.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well, I couldn't agree more.  Love knowing they are pointing fingers and thinking more about 'themselves' than winning.

Maybe my 'new' approach will pay off by refusing to watch ANY NFL games, just going to the website AFTER the game and seeing the outcome and highlights.  (Veteran anthem reasons)

So far they are 5-1 with this.  

Hearing about Bell sitting out while losing millions of dollars and watching AB pouting on the sidelines... priceless.

If it works, don't mess with it brother. Completely understand your reasons as well.

I just love the game so much i cannot stop watching lol
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hearing about Bell sitting out while losing millions of dollars and watching AB pouting on the sidelines... priceless.

If it works, don't mess with it brother. Completely understand your reasons as well.

I just love the game so much i cannot stop watching lol

Oh don't worry.  I'm not changing a thing.  Not a superstitious person whatsoever, but this way, being old school, I don't have to watch any pregame, game, and post game, foolishness, and referee bias that, according to Lap in his Monday night show, happened in the Colts game.

It's not working so well for my son and wife's team though (Eagles).  They are riddled with injuries right now, just so happens the Skins and Cowboys are also 1-1 and Giants 0-2.

(Although I was tempted to sign on to the website and listen to Lap and Hoard) I guess that's a new feature the website has because normally with Game Pass you can't get radio broadcasts anymore.
Reply/Quote
Best part is now Antonio Brown is arguing with fans to trade him then. On Twitter. Steelers falling apart makes me smile
Reply/Quote
I don’t want anyone to take any cheap shots. If you can hit him hard and clean then go for it just like any other player out there. But it should not be a goal or even on anyone’s mind. Like others have said, the Steelers get into the Bengals heads. Going looking for revenge will only keep that going. Juju is a diva like bell and brown, they’ll ruin that team on their own if we let them. Knocking Juju out would only keep them together, I prefer watching them fall apart like they are right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:46 PM)thillan Wrote: Why not just beat them?

Are we seriously wondering about this? After the Shazier incident, I don’t want any more bad blood between the two. A guy was nearly paralyzed for life.

Play football the right way, and focus on winning. That’s what I’m looking for.

This is the correct answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:46 PM)thillan Wrote: Play football the right way, and focus on winning. That’s what I’m looking for.

Old time hockey, right coach?????? Oh wait, that didn't work out to great.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 02:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t want anyone to take any cheap shots. If you can hit him hard and clean then go for it just like any other player out there. But it should not be a goal or even on anyone’s mind. Like others have said, the Steelers get into the Bengals heads. Going looking for revenge will only keep that going. Juju is a diva like bell and brown, they’ll ruin that team on their own if we let them. Knocking Juju out would only keep them together, I prefer watching them fall apart like they are right now.

You bring up a great point. The steelers always need some common enemy to get angry about. Don't give them that enemy. Let them yell at each other on the sidelines like morons. 

(Their haircuts are teh worst)
Reply/Quote
Get in their heads by lettinv them look over there shoulders all game thinking the shot is coming but never deliver it. Makes them paranoid and makes us look like we’re in control. That’s how we will get respect from the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Shut them up by shutting them down.

It hurts the whole team when players are worried more about getting in a cheap shot than taking care of their assignment.

This
Reply/Quote
The custodian who puts ether in the visitor's locker room vents.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Burfict is definitely going to get a fine or suspension from the Steelers game. the question is which player do we want him to earn the fine for. **** there is no likeable person on that team or coach.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 04:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burfict is definitely going to get a fine or suspension from the Steelers game. the question is which player do we want him to earn the fine for. **** there is no likeable person on that team or coach.

Yup - the recent suspension for Burfict has made the last few games like practicing for what's coming in the squeeler game.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:46 PM)thillan Wrote: Are we seriously wondering about this? After the Shazier incident, I don’t want any more bad blood between the two. A guy was nearly paralyzed for life.

That didnt have anything to do with bad blood. That was a guy's reckless head first tackling style finally coming back to haunt him.
Reply/Quote
Yeah cut the crap and just beat them. The Baltimore game on Thursday night was refreshing. Tough, respectable, hard nosed football without cheap shots. there is a common denominator to the bengals Steelers games being the way they are. In case you’re not following, It’s the Steelers and the way they have operated for years now. But unfortunately the bengals have continually taken the bait. But it needs to stop.

Shut them up by beating them. Plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
Burfict could make the cleanest hit in the history of clean hits, and would still be fined and suspended. The Stealers are doing a great job imploding themselves, and don't need any more help. Let some other team light up JuJu. The result would be the same, with fewer problems for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
With all the s**t JuJu has done on social media since that hit, not to mention the TD celebration the following week, there's no way Burfict is letting that slide.

Let's be real, karma doesn't exist (if it did, the steelers would have zero super bowl titles Whatever ). We make our own "karma"... Someone will make sure JuJu gets his comeuppance
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 05:26 PM)snowy Wrote: Burfict could make the cleanest hit in the history of clean hits, and would still be fined and suspended. The Stealers are doing a great job imploding themselves, and don't need any more help. Let some other team light up JuJu. The result would be the same, with fewer problems for the Bengals.

That hit that Burfict gave to Sherman last year was a clean hit. Sherman even said so.

Got suspended, yah know how it goes....

So true about the Stealers let them flounder in their own shit.

(09-18-2018, 09:03 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: With all the s**t JuJu has done on social media since that hit, not to mention the TD celebration the following week, there's no way Burfict is letting that slide.

Let's be real, karma doesn't exist (if it did, the steelers would have zero super bowl titles Whatever ). We make our own "karma"... Someone will make sure JuJu gets his comeuppance

Great point about karma Pat. We will make our own. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 04:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burfict is definitely going to get a fine or suspension from the Steelers game. the question is which player do we want him to earn the fine for. **** there is no likeable person on that team or coach.

You don't like Villanueva????
Reply/Quote