Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Bengals, Whitworh and London
(10-24-2019, 08:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sounds like it says more about Sam Hubbard than Ogbuehi. 

Hubbard seems like a guy who is just good enough to start, just good enough that you hope the light will click on, but will never be real good. Michael Johnson-esq, but worse against the run. Or like a Carlos Dunlap who is just slightly worse in all aspects.

Hubbard has only played a little over 900 snaps in his NFL career.  That is about equal to one season playing as a full time starter.

He has recorded 81 tackles, 9 sacks, 12 TFL, 14 QB hits, 2 FF and 4 PD.

Those are good numbers.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andrew has "coach" written all over him.

I remember when he was drafted the coaches raved about his interviews at the combine and how he was able to break down blocking schemes and defensive adjustments on the white board.

While he was here he was a natural leader.  He would get the entire O-line together socially to form bonds.

He has the work ethic and discipline to keep his body in top shape.  He looks LEAN at 6'7" 330.

He is composed and  very well spoken, but he also showed the fire inside him at that Jags game.

So if he really does still love the Bengals maybe he will return someday as a coach.

I totally agree.  He's the full package:  intelligence, passion, self control and a natural leader.   I would LOVE to see him back in Cincinnati as a coach.  Really nice blend of someone who is graceful and tough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would never boo a former Bengal when he came to Paul Brown Stadium with his new team. When Carson Palmer came back as an Oakland Raider I gave him a nice ovation as did everyone around me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would never boo a former Bengal when he came to Paul Brown Stadium with his new team. 

Kimo von Oelhoffen?
Reply/Quote