Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
On The Play That Hill Fumbled......
Marvin said that Hill wouldn't have been carrying the ball if Gio hadn't gotten hurt, so why didn't we have Peerman or Rex running the ball, or even put Sanu in the Wildcat and have him pick his open spot?

The only argument I can see is Rex and Peerman would be cold coming off the bench, but still better than a guy that's prone to fumbling the ball, especially when you're carrying the hopes of an entire city and entire fanbase after 25 years of heartbreak.
Reply/Quote
Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knew Hill was definitely going to fumble.
Nobody knew "lawfirm" was gonna spoil his perfect record from the pats when he came here.
Who suspected Trump would do so well in politics ?
Who knew terrorists could be so brutal ?
Unexpected stuff happens all the time, who can plan for everything ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:35 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knew Hill was definitely going to fumble.
Nobody knew  "lawfirm" was gonna spoil his perfect record from the pats when he came here.
Who suspected Trump would do so well in politics ?
Who knew terrorists could be so brutal ?
Unexpected stuff happens all the time, who can plan for everything ?

It's not about hindsight, but it's about probability and history.

Nobody knew that he was definitely going to fumble, but you have to look at his history with fumbling problems and take that into consideration, which Marvin even admitted he did when he said that Gio would have been carrying the ball if healthy.  
Reply/Quote
...10 other players should've told him in the huddle to choose death before choosing to take a second hand off the ball.
Reply/Quote
Let's move on now.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:12 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Let's move on now.

I moved on. Logged on here and the scab got ripped off. They'll make up for it as a team, I'm positive of it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:12 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Let's move on now.

amen.

lets not go through the pain again  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It's not AS IF he was in the open field and just dropped the ball. It was ripped from him, but so what? He was supposed to be our big star and the thing you do is put the ball in the hands of your big star, not your 3rd and 4th string guys..
It's over, done and there's not a thing anyone can do about it now.
Oh wait..Let's all complain and second guess the coach for the rest of time till we're all old and living in nursing homes.. That'll make things all better..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's not AS IF he was in the open field and just dropped the ball. It was ripped from him, but so what?  He was supposed to be our big star and the thing you do is put the ball in the hands of your big star, not your 3rd and 4th string guys..
It's over, done and there's not a thing anyone can do about it now.
Oh wait..Let's all complain and second guess the coach for the rest of time till we're all old and living in nursing homes.. That'll make things all better..

then we can all get alzheimer's disease and forget about it!  Sarcasm
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Marvin said that Hill wouldn't have been carrying the ball if Gio hadn't gotten hurt, so why didn't we have Peerman or Rex running the ball, or even put Sanu in the Wildcat and have him pick his open spot?

The only argument I can see is Rex and Peerman would be cold coming off the bench, but still better than a guy that's prone to fumbling the ball, especially when you're carrying the hopes of an entire city and entire fanbase after 25 years of heartbreak.

you know Fritz, I have watched that play over and over again and I just must not have the angle shot where it was defined as a fumble! I still swear hill was down before the ball popped out! if anyone has "the perfect view" I would love to see it!

Reply/Quote
Thing I hate to admit about this play is you gotta give Shazier some credit. He made a heck of a play stripping out that ball.
Reply/Quote
What did Hill have this year in regards to fumbles 3 or so? One which only happened because he got his knee twisted up. I think he has like 8 total in 2 years which is 8 too many, but no one knew that would happen. Why not just kick with Nugent, it was only a 40 something yarder? Why not QB sneak, there are too many variables, either way we seemed to either screw ourselves or get screwed in this game.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not about hindsight, but it's about probability and history.

Nobody knew that he was definitely going to fumble, but you have to look at his history with fumbling problems and take that into consideration, which Marvin even admitted he did when he said that Gio would have been carrying the ball if healthy.  

before the fumble in the playoffs when was his last fumble?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Marvin said that Hill wouldn't have been carrying the ball if Gio hadn't gotten hurt, so why didn't we have Peerman or Rex running the ball, or even put Sanu in the Wildcat and have him pick his open spot?

You act like the game was completely over once Burfict intercepted that pass.

There were still like 2 minutes on the clock and the Bengals were only up by 1. No way in hell you are going to play backups with the game on the line.

Let it go man.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hill had one of the worst sophomore slumps I've witnessed in recent memory coming off of a dominant rookie year he was deemed a top 3 rb's of the league.

It's a big year for him, and I can see it being his final year if it's anything like 2015. I can take a poor ypc average, there's always hope improved oline play will help, but a fumbler..... It's hard to trust a fumbler. That'll take time. He may be fighting that perception for the remainder of his career before that trust is gained back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If Gio was available then this would be worth a discussion, but he wasn't so the ball should have and did go to hill.
You are saying we should have taken the ball out of the hands of a starting player with hundreds of snaps under his belt to give it to a career special teams player.

Let's say the team was in the opposite situation needing to pick up a 4th and long in the playoffs to win and aj green is out, jones/sanu covered. Eifert gets open and McCarron's pass hits him right in the hands but he drops it. Should we have taken eifert out before the play for Tate or Alford? No that's ridiculous tate sucks and had like 5 catches all year, Alford had 1. They could just as easily drop it coming off the bench cold.
Reply/Quote
Should have ran Peko.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You act like the game was completely over once Burfict intercepted that pass.

There were still like 2 minutes on the clock and the Bengals were only up by 1. No way in hell you are going to play backups with the game on the line.

Let it go man.

Exactly.  If Burkhead or Peerman would have been in the backfield on one of the most important drives of the last 25 years, it would have meant A LOT of bad things had happened and many people were injured.
Reply/Quote
Shoulda never let John Connor go. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Shoulda never let John Connor go. Ninja

hes been terminated.....

(rambo is available though lol)
Reply/Quote