Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a Scale of 1-10 How Confident Are You?
On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that the Cincinnati Bengals will be Super Bowl Champs before you die?

I use to think this was a sure thing but as the years go by I am now in the realm of maybe not. So I am at a 5.
Reply/Quote
10. Joe Burrow is getting us at least 1 during his career.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man...the NFL is the ultimate worst to 1st league...so they should have another crack or 2 at it.

With Burrow and all this talent at WR...we should be dominating the league offensively. But, we're not...so I don't know.

When Burrow and Chase make $80 million a year, I don't know if the Bengals will be able to draft well enough to maintain an elite roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 10. Joe Burrow is getting us at least 1 during his career.

I tend to think that he wins one too.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 10. Joe Burrow is getting us at least 1 during his career.

That is some Major Confidence!  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I tend to think that he wins one too.

I thought the same thing with Jeff Blake!   Tongue

and this is Jeff Blake now [Image: Jeff-Blake.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...the NFL is the ultimate worst to 1st league...so they should have another crack or 2 at it.

With Burrow and all this talent at WR...we should be dominating the league offensively. But, we're not...so I don't know.

When Burrow and Chase make $80 million a year, I don't know if the Bengals will be able to draft well enough to maintain an elite roster.

10 and multiple Super Bowls.

We came one block away from winning it with a shitty offensive line. Burrow just needs an average line and average defense to win a title.

That said, I know a lot of things went our way for us to make it, but we won’t need that many to go our way with an offensive line.

Bates and the D also helped, as well as Boyd and Higgins, but Chase and Burrow only need complimentary players on offense because they make other players’ lives so easy.

Unfortunately, the players won’t see that and will go other places that offer them more money, only to realize that they’re not as good on their own and their careers get shortened, meaning they don’t make as much money in the long term, even though they made more in the short-term. See TJ Housh for proof.

Back to the topic, we win MULTIPLE SHIPS!
Reply/Quote
The AFC is loaded with young QB's that are Burrows age. I think getting to the SB each year is going to be really tough.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 10 and multiple Super Bowls.

We came one block away from winning it with a shitty offensive line. Burrow just needs an average line and average defense to win a title.

That said, I know a lot of things went our way for us to make it, but we won’t need that many to go our way with an offensive line.

Bates and the D also helped, as well as Boyd and Higgins, but Chase and Burrow only need complimentary players on offense because they make other players’ lives so easy.

Unfortunately, the players won’t see that and will go other places that offer them more money, only to realize that they’re not as good on their own and their careers get shortened, meaning they don’t make as much money in the long term, even though they made more in the short-term. See TJ Housh for proof.

Back to the topic, we win MULTIPLE SHIPS!

I'd be more confident in that if we came out scoring 30+ a game this year. It makes last years offensive output look like a fluke in some ways.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:20 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that the Cincinnati Bengals will be Super Bowl Champs before you die?

I use to think this was a sure thing but as the years go by I am now in the realm of maybe not.  So I am at a 5.

easy

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:20 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that the Cincinnati Bengals will be Super Bowl Champs before you die?

I use to think this was a sure thing but as the years go by I am now in the realm of maybe not.  So I am at a 5.

Well, I'm old, so . . . 

I have thought about this question a lot. I've watched the three Super Bowl losses, all painfully close. I've very low confidence, I guess a 1, that I'll see an actual victory before ending up on the other side of the ground. But I do have more hope these days then I did for about 30 years.
Reply/Quote

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, I'm old, so . . . 

I have thought about this question a lot. I've watched the three Super Bowl losses, all painfully close. I've very low confidence, I guess a 1, that I'll see an actual victory before ending up on the other side of the ground. But I do have more hope these days then I did for about 30 years.

Well hang in there Nepa!! 
Reply/Quote
With Burrow a solid 9
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...the NFL is the ultimate worst to 1st league...so they should have another crack or 2 at it.

We've done a great job in free agency adding defensive players. But when Burrow and Chase get paid we will be limited with what we can do. Then add in the fact that we apparently still have a lot to do for the offensive line to improve. I think this may be the best defense Burrow will have and may be his best receiving core so I'm not so sure I think our window is gonna close very quickly.
Reply/Quote
0. They are 0-3 and simply cannot win the big games when the world is watching. Sure, they can win some Sunday 1PM and 4PM games but they choke when the bright lights are on them. They have proved it many times with different players and coaches over the decades. Burrow may win a SB but I doubt it's here with Cincy.
Reply/Quote
I would say a 6 or 7. Burrow is the exact type of QB who can win a Super Bowl, but winning a Super Bowl is really, really hard. I believe that he will do it, but I wouldn't put money on it or anything.
Reply/Quote
zero confident till chase comes back an i actually see him on field. burrow aint never done nothing special less chase was being a stud. look at burrow outside 2019 and 2021. pretty scary. for burrow to be good an bengals to have a chance we need chase. think burrow beats chiefs bills patrots ravens browns without chase? heck no. we need chase cause he makes burrow better and that makes the team better.

plus he covers up how bad zac is at being a oc. chase makes zac look sorta compitent. zacs record without chase 6-26-1 with chase 14-10. that aint no coinidence
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 04:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 32

easy

The answer is always...  42.

[Image: th?id=OIP.HXdbTACsChI0GCPb69nJugHaC1&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the biggest threat to this happening is the long-term existence of the NFL rather than anything the Bengals do or don't do. If it hangs on long enough (and life lasts long enough), then it's inevitable.

I feel reasonable security at 35 years old. Someone who is still 18 ought to feel a little better. I do think the state of society/the planet (and to a lesser extent the state of American football) create a little uncertainty that might not have played into this question 20 years ago.

Call me a 7 in confidence level. I think we have a core of talent that can do it, but that doesn't mean they will do it. A lot has to go right, and there is no actual guarantee that it will ever all go right. We can only hope.
Reply/Quote