Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a positive note.
(09-26-2016, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No new rule, you are just as free to run your mouth as I am.  However, I am on now on the side that says Marvin should not remain as HC.  I've been borderline for the past few years, but with the way the OL is floundering (receiving options aren't the problem..), and the way the defensive secondary is giving up TDs, something needs to change. 

During this stretch of one and dones in playoff games, we have had two good offensive coordinators hit the road for head coaching jobs, and likely the greatest defensive coordinator since Dick LeBeau, do the same.  Now, with Paul Guenther in his stride, the defense is faulting, and with the longevity appointee running the offense, it is beyond underachieving. 

Rather than offer anything constructive to counter my emotional outburst about the team proving that they cannot hang with the elite, you choose to open a discussion on who can say or reply whatever they want?  fredtoast, leave that shit in P&R.  Yes, my bad mood got the best of me when posting this thread, but you are much better than to feed on that, rather than talk football in JungleNoise. 

So, I know you are a pretty good football mind, what are your suggestions for the "rapidly growing skeptical" fans?
I'm far from happy with how this team has played. What keeps me positive is thinking about the mess they got themselves into, and most importantly out of in 2012 and 2014. It's still way early, but it's gonna start getting late if they don't step it up in about 72 hrs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No new rule, you are just as free to run your mouth as I am.  However, I am on now on the side that says Marvin should not remain as HC.  I've been borderline for the past few years, but with the way the OL is floundering (receiving options aren't the problem..), and the way the defensive secondary is giving up TDs, something needs to change. 

During this stretch of one and dones in playoff games, we have had two good offensive coordinators hit the road for head coaching jobs, and likely the greatest defensive coordinator since Dick LeBeau, do the same.  Now, with Paul Guenther in his stride, the defense is faulting, and with the longevity appointee running the offense, it is beyond underachieving. 

Rather than offer anything constructive to counter my emotional outburst about the team proving that they cannot hang with the elite, you choose to open a discussion on who can say or reply whatever they want?  fredtoast, leave that shit in P&R.  Yes, my bad mood got the best of me when posting this thread, but you are much better than to feed on that, rather than talk football in JungleNoise. 

So, I know you are a pretty good football mind, what are your suggestions for the "rapidly growing skeptical" fans?

In 2014 our defense gave up 6 plays of 40+ yards. In 2015 we gave up 6 plays of 40+ yards. In 3 games so far this season we've gave up 4 plays of 40+ yards. So on pace to give up 20 or more. We have what 2 or 3 sacks ? we get no pressure on opposing QB. What happened to Carlos sitting the sack record ? Where is Geno ? We're getting gashed in both the run and pass. Where is this defense full of talent, 1st rounders etc ?

Why can our offensive line not block ? Where is all our talent ? "One of the most talented teams in the NFL" ?? Don't give me this Eifert and Burfict BS ! If we have all this talent why are we getting smoked ? By rights we probably should be 0-3 right now. Why are teams with half the talent and rookie QB's looking 500% better than us ? Why did a rookie QB take Pittsburgh out behind the woodshed and we couldn't even get a 1st down against them for 3 quarters ?

Talent ? Stacked roster ? 1st rounder here, great player there. blah, blah, blah !

Because Marvin Lewis and his company of cronies aren't getting the job done coaching ! Because our gameplans are shit ! Because our O-line coach can't teach his linmen how to stay low and win leverage battle. Because it's more important to see our center project through because I hand picked him and by gawd he has to be good. Because everything around here id based on no accountability, no discipline etc. etc.

We hope we win but we're not willing to put that as the one and only focus. We must remain loyal to our peeps and to hell with getting to the big dance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote