[Image: ZLrVGWs.png]
[Image: UldKbU6.png]
[Image: UV6Cd2E.png]
[Image: HV5roH1.png]
[Image: eRHjYoA.png]
[Image: 1ILyVru.png]

[Image: UMTzPQd.png]
[Image: BX0i5Q4.png]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
[Image: dXB9zFi.png]
[Image: SBOtFVO.png]
[Image: 2CWky0q.png]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I had shared something similar before the RNC.  Apparently Clinton's pantsuits and her killing 9 people is more important.
Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It appears America gets to choose between: Right, Left, Lefter, Leftest.

I suppose I can take solace in the fact that Left or Right is going to win.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-04-2016, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears America gets to choose between: Right, Left, Lefter, Leftest.

Gary Johnson wants it to be legal to pay someone $0.05 an hour. He's not even close to being leftist.
(08-04-2016, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears America gets to choose between: Right, Left, Lefter, Leftest.

I'd agree if you're lining it up as Johnson (right), Trump (left), Clinton (lefter) and Stein (leftist). But something tells me you're not seeing it that way.
(08-05-2016, 01:10 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd agree if you're lining it up as Johnson (right), Trump (left), Clinton (lefter) and Stein (leftist). But something tells me you're not seeing it that way.
Yuuuuupp....

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-05-2016, 12:54 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Gary Johnson wants it to be legal to pay someone $0.05 an hour. He's not even close to being leftist.

One position, even if accurate, does not define a candidate.

But then wrt Gary Johnson we'd only be talking nationally....because he's the only candidate that wouldn't force a federal agenda over state rights.

I'd think that would appeal to everyone not living in CA, and possibly NY...The more local and personal the issue, the more I want to have say with my vote (and not someone in CA or NY).
--------------------------------------------------------

On the geopoliticial scale it is more like: far right, right, center-right, center-left.

I always find it interesting how skewed to the right our politics are when I talk to people around the world. Or are they skewed to the left? All about perspective I guess.

Anyway, libertarian ideology is a right wing ideology. Smaller government and all that.

(08-05-2016, 01:10 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd agree if you're lining it up as Johnson (right), Trump (left), Clinton (lefter) and Stein (leftist). But something tells me you're not seeing it that way.

I def can't agree with Trump being left, even what we call the left in the US. He leans left on a handful of things, but his nationalism and nearly authoritarian stances on some things would definitely not be.

How did any of those four ever get a job in anything with a degree in liberal arts?
(08-05-2016, 09:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How did any of those four ever get a job in anything with a degree in liberal arts?
Lots of hummers and dutch rudders ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
OK Jill Stein is out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-05-2016, 07:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: On the geopoliticial scale it is more like: far right, right, center-right, center-left.

I always find it interesting how skewed to the right our politics are when I talk to people around the world. Or are they skewed to the left? All about perspective I guess.

Anyway, libertarian ideology is a right wing ideology. Smaller government and all that.

When you're as far right as SOME people, political center is so far left it's beyond their scope of vision.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(08-05-2016, 10:22 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: When you're as far right as SOME people, political center is so far left it's beyond their scope of vision.

Nah we see it pretty plainly all around here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-05-2016, 07:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: On the geopoliticial scale it is more like: far right, right, center-right, center-left.

Well since we are the greatest country that has ever existed, I guess there's proof positive that right is right.  (Uh oh there's that dreaded nationalism. Tongue )

(08-05-2016, 11:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well since we are the greatest country that has ever existed, I guess there's proof positive that right is right.  (Uh oh there's that dreaded nationalism. Tongue )

Nationalism is all well and good, until it goes too far. There is a reason why nationalism is a faux pas in Germany these days.

GMDino

Political Party: Registered Democrat

Education:  BA, Communication St. Vincent College, 1991

Professional Background: Radio DJ 1991-1995, Furniture mover and manager of furniture store, 1995-1998, Sales in Industrial Tire Industry / General Manager 1998 - Present

Who I tend to agree with most based on the information presented in posts #1 and #2:
(With the caveat that there may be a lot of gray area where I could expand if given the opportunity)

A
1) Stein - I am personally against the procedure.
2) Johnson
3) All four
4) Everyone but Trump
5) Everyone but Trump
6) Everyone but Trump
7) Johnson/Stein - Although in very specific cases I can see the use of it.
8) Johnson/Stein
9) Johnson
10) Johnson
11) Johnson - However appointments should take into consideration that moving women up increases the pool of possible members.
12) Everyone but Johnson

B
1) Everyone but Trump
2) Trump
3) Clinton / Stein - Given that they or their family is working and paying into the tax system.
4) Clinton / Johnson
5) Trump
6) Clinton / Johnson
7) Everyone but Trump
8) Clinton / Johnson
9) Everyone but Trump

C
1) Clinton / Johnson
2) Johnson
3) Johnson / Stein - Although I would add it could be better utilized as is also.
4) Everyone but Trump
5) Johnson
6) Everyone but Trump
7) Johnson - Although without being the bog brother stepping in if the little brother started the fight.
8) Everyone
9) Johnson
10) Johnson - But intelligence gathering is OK 
11) Everyone but Trump
12) Johnson
13) Everyone
14) Everyone
15) Everyone but Clinton
16) Trump
17) Johnson - probably
18) Disagree with everyone

D
1) Trump / Clinton
2) Everyone but Trump
3) Trump / Clinton
4) Everyone but Stein
5) Clinton - With parts of Johnson allowing for each business to decide how to handle it.
6) Clinton
7) Trump - With the elimination of off shore / foreign hiding spots for profits.
8) Clinton / Stein
9) Trump / Clinton
10) Trump / Clinton
11) Trump / Stein
12) Everyone
13) Clinton / Stein
14) Stein
15) Trump
16) Everyone but Johnson
17) Clinton / Stein - But I would need to know what we get back for it.
18) Clinton / Stein
19) Clinton / Stein

F
1) Clinton / Stein
2) Johnson / Stein
3) Everyone but Johnson

G
1) Johnson - But I do think better background checks (if possible) would be good also.
2) Trump / Johnson
3) Everyone but Trump
4) Clinton / Stein
5) Everyone but Johnson
6) Everyone but Trump
7) Everyone but Trump
8) Trump / Johnson
9) Everyone but Trump
10) Trump / Clinton
11) Everyone but Trump
12) Johnson / Stein
13) Everyone but Trump
14) Everyone but Johnson
15) Johnson - Although the word "seize" leads me there.  If compensation for public projects is included I could go that way too.
16) Johnson / Stein
17) Clinton

H
1) Clinton / Stein - Although I had to "force" parents to do things, I can see from the aspect of protecting other children.
2) Disagree with all - the answer is no.
3) Everyone but Trump

I
1) Stein

J
1) Clinton / Stein
2) Johnson
3) Clinton
4) Clinton / Stein

K
1) Clinton / Stein
2) Everyone but Trump
3) Johnson - But I believe in more of a rehabilitation effort too.

So that's clear as mud now!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well I do not agree with all the positions of any of these candidates. But some of the issues are more crucial to me than others. Pretty much the biggest problem I have is with the candidate that wants us to declare war on ISIS and commit troops to destroy them. That is a problem we just can not fix with troops. It is way too complicated for that. All we would be doing would be killing more US soldiers without fixing the problem. It would be a waste of life.
Johnson may be "libertarian light" but he's clearly the best choice.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]