Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams is worthless in pass coverage
(09-19-2016, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am not blaming Shawn yesterday but if we want better pass coverage you put in Derron Smith.

If you want hard hitting you put in Shawn.

Williams has badly missed a few tackles this year, a couple of times when he was the outside contain guy, too.

I'm not missing Nelson, but I would like to see Smith more.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth. If people were expecting Dennard to just step in and play great coming off injury they have wild expectations.

Shaw did look great though, have to give him props.

If he cant play at a high enough level why give him reps vs the steelers?
Reply/Quote
Although they have been on the team for awhile, Dennard, Shaw, and Williams have not played a lot of snaps. I think all 3 will be very good in time. When drafted, most thought Dennard was the best or at least the second best cornerback in the draft. Williams was touted as Georgia's best player and super leader when drafted. Shaw was considered a steal for us. They will be fine but we will have growing pains while they develop. People forget with five new coaches and several new players in key roles makes this a very different team than last year. Look at the "new" players in key roles: Ced, LaFell, WR from Pitt, Erickson in the return game, Williams, Dennard, Shaw, Dansby/Vigil, and Clark/Hunt. We'll be good but maybe not right away.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am not blaming Shawn yesterday but if we want better pass coverage you put in Derron Smith.

If you want hard hitting you put in Shawn.

Agree and think Smith will be a good one for Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:00 AM)Au165 Wrote: The secondary has played fine. How about we talk about the HB's in back to back week rushing for about 100 yards and catching almost 50 yards a piece. You aren't going to win when the opposing team is always in good down and distance due to a successful running game.

How about we talk about the D-Line's performance through the first 2 games?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I feel like people are jumping the gun on Dennard. This game was his first game in how long? With what, hardly any practice?

Hes gonna be a little rusty, chill out.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:24 AM)Utts Wrote: How about we talk about the D-Line's performance through the first 2 games?

Yep. They've been struggling a lot more than the secondary.

The secondary actually looks like the strongest part on this team.

They held Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, and Brandon Marshall to a combined 9 receptions and only 108 yards. 1 TD was given up.

That's actually REALLY good when you think about it and that's hard to do with both of those offenses.

Decker and Brown had more yards than that in their other game (126 each). Marshall only had 7 less yards (101).

So that's 20 receptions for 353 yards and 3 TDs for those three WRs combined outside of games against the Bengals.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:37 AM)Gohards Wrote: I feel like people are jumping the gun on Dennard. This game was his first game in how long? With what, hardly any practice?

Hes gonna be a little rusty, chill out.

I agree. First game back, no practice. He should improve. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: getting beat now and then will happen... But blowing your assignment cant happen.

OL has been garbage in pass protection as well...  and its not just bodine....

When did Shawn blow his assignment?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Williams has badly missed a few tackles this year, a couple of times when he was the outside contain guy, too.

I'm not missing Nelson, but I would like to see Smith more.

True and yeah, if this keeps up you have to give Derron some snaps. He has always been great in pass
coverage and if Williams is missing tackles who says that Derron couldn't make them? Derron is a ballhawk
and could be a game changer for us if Shawn is not the guy the coaches thought.

(09-19-2016, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If he cant play at a high enough level why give him reps vs the steelers?

Who you talking about Xeno? Shawn or Derron?

(09-19-2016, 09:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree and think Smith will be a good one for Bengals.

Hands of a receiver Derron has and great anticipation. Could be our next Reggie Nelson if he gets a shot.

Plus it looks to be a good thing letting Reggie go so far this season, he has looked much worse than our Safeties through 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When did Shawn blow his assignment?

I don't have time markers right now, but he had a play where, on 3rd and 6(I think?), early in the game, he was in zone and Antonio Brown was behind him, but just moved a foot or two inside and Williams didn't notice, opening Brown up for a completion and conversion.

In the eventual Deangelo Williams touchdown drive, Williams had underneath coverage on Brown and Jones had coverage over the top and Williams couldn't keep up with Brown to the sideline.

On the touchdown play, again, Jones and Williams had coverage on that side of the field and neither one followed Williams, leaving him painfully open.

Those were the three main fails I noticed.
Reply/Quote