Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Denver
(09-18-2016, 08:22 PM)mroudfly Wrote: The NFL will come out and some point and say they made a mistake regarding CJ's TD and kneegate, but that won't change the fact that we came out with an L and need to come out with some fire next Sunday against that Denver D.

The positives watching this Colts/Broncos game: Their offense doesn't scare me one bit. And their Defense is giving up points at home to Luck and the Colts offense.

Come out and make a statement win at our home opener, and lets get this ship back on the right path.  ThumbsUp

If I were Marvin (shudder/giggle) I'd just request the league not address anymore calls after the fact as it's meaningless. Sadly, I'm sure he'd be finned for saying it.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Denver D is tough but being in the jungle will help a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think Cincy will definitely need its 'A' game Sunday for sure.  Have no clue what we'll see.
Hell, they don't have an A game! Cry
Reply/Quote
Our OL has been horrendous in both run and pass blocking this season in BOTH games. Don't let the lack of sacks today hide the reality that they punked our OL rushing just four; with Andy having to get the ball out like lightning and getting hit a lot. If I were not a Bengals fan I would be looking forward to the high comedy that will be Denver's defense going against this "Offensive Line" - as I am a Bengals fan I don't want to see the disaster likely to occur.
Reply/Quote
You're lying to yourself if you think the nfl will come out with any type of an apology statement for a week 2 game. If it was the playoffs maybe but they will act like it never happened. Don't worry I'm sure the same douchebags will ref the game week 15 as well. Hopefully Ben will catch another rape charge
Reply/Quote
The Jets (on 9-11), Pittsburgh, and then Denver? What a way to open a season. I'm not going to be able to watch too many games this year, but I'd almost rather the Bengals went 9-7 or something AND won in the playoffs rather than the types of seasons they had last year and 2013; dominate in the season and lose in the first round to a lesser opponent.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:33 PM)Whacked Wrote: Denver's D > Pitt and the Jets

We are in trouble IMHO.

Their O is pretty good too. Lol.

Yeah, they were pretty good last year when the Bengals backup QB took them to OT and would have likely won if not for an early missed FG that would have made it 17-0.  

Ohhh, its Denver, I'm scared!  Bullshit.  
Reply/Quote
This game being at home is the only thing giving us a shot to win it. I watched them last night, and their defense is just too damn good. Zampese better get his head out of his ass, and dial up some good plays, because that pee-wee bullshit he was calling on Sunday wont cut it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If we come out of these first 3 games 2-1 we are ok. This game upcoming is a big one though.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:26 AM)Goalpost Wrote: If we come out of these first 3 games 2-1 we are ok.  This game upcoming is a big one though.

Can't afford to go 2 games down to Pitt and Baltimore assuming they both win next week against Philly and the Jags.

Not only do they need to win the division but also get a 1 or 2 seed to get the bye.

Both SB trips they were 12-4 with #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
We might have caught a little break. Demarcus Ware broke his forearm. That's one less stellar pass rusher we have to worry about. Ogbuehi has his work cut out with Von Miller.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:15 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: The Jets (on 9-11), Pittsburgh, and then Denver? What a way to open a season. I'm not going to be able to watch too many games this year, but I'd almost rather the Bengals went 9-7 or something AND won in the playoffs rather than the types of seasons they had last year and 2013; dominate in the season and lose in the first round to a lesser opponent.

Understand this, yet there is no guarantee 9-7 gets you into the playoffs.

Got to win every game you can in this league. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We have to run, and no more than 30 attempts for Dalton. We match up with them good, but that Defense is legit. Nothing the Oline has done makes me feel they'll be able to handle that front 7.

The question is will our struggles against a "rookie" (I know it's his 2nd year) qb continue. Will we make him look like Elway? Give him a career game?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This truly is where I need to go now because this thing with the Steelers will not be addressed via the NFL and will stay status quo.
To keep from staying irritated at something I feel no one has control over, time to move on to Denver.
Reply/Quote
Man Dalton isn't going to make it a whole season with the way our o line has been playing, sacked 7 times against the Jets, hit a bunch by the Steelers and now Denver's defense.....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Ced O/Kroft/CJ vs. Miller this week.

It'd sure be nice if they decided to play a good game this weekend.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Dalton played very well so far despite the lack of a run game and protection, but the offense is very 1-dimensional, they have to do something to get the run game going. If that requires running the Power I, and two back sets to do it, than so be it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:02 PM)pally Wrote: DeMarcus Ware broke his arm today so will either be out or seriously limited next week

at the bottom of the screen on MNF last night I saw he was having surgery and is expected to be OUT 4-5 weeks.  So I guess that's good for us (Andy) this week... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 11:09 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: at the bottom of the screen on MNF last night I saw he was having surgery and is expected to be OUT 4-5 weeks.  So I guess that's good for us (Andy) this week... Rock On

It was being discussed by a panel on Mike and Mike this morning.  They all agreed that the rotation is strong enough for them to not lose much production.  I have a bad feeling that the Denver defense is going to feast on our offensive line this week Nervous
Reply/Quote
We almost beat them with AJ McCarron. I think you play conservatively against them and also work on the run game this week. If the coaches are doing their jobs, they'll have the players focused on this game instead of worrying about what happened with the Steelers. It won't be easy, but we've played them well before and I think we can again. Dre K might get another INT.

Hopefully we'll have calm weather because I foresee the kicking game playing a big part in a close game. Nuge *can* do it but he has to have his head in the right place.

As for Andy getting hit a lot, running the ball more effectively is really the best solution. It shortens the game and you need to pass less often so Dalton gets hit less. I know our stable of RBs has it in them. And the coaches should be working the OLine hard in practice to have the right blocks at the right time. Sometimes all it takes is a light chip block in the right place to spring Gio or Hill. You just need to be in position and have practiced those plays enough.

Reply/Quote