Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Jacksonville: A Classic Trap Game
I would have been concerned if Arizona had blown out the Jags, they did not and in fact were trailing until the second half. The coaches can point to that game to get guys to buy in, there are no easy wins in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No doubt Shake, Taylor's record still speaks for itself. 2 -1 is a good start the season but I remember back in the days (last week) when the board was all doom and gloom, predicting steelers wins, and calling for a coaching change. Can't go from need a coaching change to a trap game in 48 hours.

I still want a coach change. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I still want a coach change. Ninja

I am right with you. It would be a shame if a mediocre season keeps Taylor in Cincinnati and this talent is wasted. I am still very concerned with playcalling.
Reply/Quote
^same

If we lose to 0-3 Jacksonville, Ima lose my mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I still want a coach change. Ninja

Same here. Team has been playing better, but Taylor is still awful. Just because we won a few games does not mean he is the reason why. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Same here. Team has been playing better, but Taylor is still awful. Just because we won a few games does not mean he is the reason why. 

I'm by no means joining the ZT fan club ! But I am starting to believe he might, MIGHT, be a decent HC. 

He just needs to set his ego aside and hire a real OC.

Having said that I still have serious doubts he's the one to lead us to the promised land.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm by no means joining the ZT fan club ! But I am starting to believe he might, MIGHT, be a decent HC. 

He just needs to set his ego aside and hire a real OC.

Having said that I still have serious doubts he's the one to lead us to the promised land.

It took Zac Taylor two entire seasons and three weeks into a third season to win as many games as Marvin Lewis did in his first year.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It took Zac Taylor two entire seasons and three weeks into a third season to win as many games as Marvin Lewis did in his first year.

Yep

I need to see more before I become a believer. We can't get the big head and try phone this game in.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I need to see more before I become a believer. We can't get the big head and try phone this game in.

Absolutely spot on correct. With different play calls the Bengals would have made the Bears an endangered species and would be sitting 3-0.

The Bears sat on every route and Zac kept the wide receivers running the same plays over and over which is the definition of insanity. It’s real easy to pick off three consecutive passes when you know exactly where they’ll be thrown.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 03:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How?

Zac has had this team in 3 primetime games:

1. Stoolers in 2019, that was the worst game of the year, far and away.
2. Browns in week 2 last year, wasn't a bad game on offense but our D was porous. Still had a chance to win with 40 seconds left.
3. Stoolers last year, don't need to tell anyone how that went.

I'm not guaranteeing a win or anything, but this is NOT Marv's team.

You're right and I will put away my concern until Zac proves otherwise in primetime even if you're using a 1-2 record as an example. 

Plus Bengals should win this game all day and really its not even worthy of a primetime slot imo. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Both teams are in rebuild mode so neither team are on playoff team radar but we are in year 3 and Burrow has a year under his belt with more weapons so we should take care of business but no NFL game is a walk in the park and many see Lawernce as pro ready as Joe coming in as number 1 pick so who knows if this is starts his breakout game
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 08:29 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^same

If we lose to 0-3 Jacksonville, Ima lose my mind.

I'm right there with you. This is a game we should win and now with a couple of defensive injuries I'm a little worried. I think our offense may potentially have to win this game and that's a little scary. Let's hope we have a good game plan that is executed well.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both teams are in rebuild mode so neither team are on playoff team radar  but we are in year 3 and Burrow has a year under his belt with more weapons so we should take care of business but no NFL game is a walk in the park and many see Lawernce as pro ready as Joe coming in as number 1 pick so who knows if this is starts his breakout game

I almost ran out of breath reading that, broham. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Secondary took a hit so now I'm stressing out at the thought of Lawrence carving our defense up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I almost ran out of breath reading that, broham. 

[Image: OY0Prowu97b_JG2Eu2tgnuyHM_ivforbT0WeMBqI...Qp5JbtYooX]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Secondary took a hit so now I'm stressing out at the thought of Lawrence carving our defense up.

Good game for the offense to finally come out and dominate. Win in a shootout if we have to.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Secondary took a hit so now I'm stressing out at the thought of Lawrence carving our defense up.

Lawrence leads all QBs in turnover worthy throws. 9 of them. That's 33% more than the 2nd place QB, compared to only 4 big time throws. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Nailed it and w/o Higgins I’m a little nervous too.

If our “Chicago Bears O-line” shows up, we are in trouble.

Let’s hope the JB-Chase connection shows up again.

That said, it’s only a matter of time before teams take note of this
and try harder to shut this down. GL w that with Higgins in there though when he returns. Lol.

I think this SHOULD-WIN, ends up being a nail-biter unfortunately.

WHO DEY.

(09-29-2021, 08:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm right there with you. This is a game we should win and now with a couple of defensive injuries I'm a little worried. I think our offense may potentially have to win this game and that's a little scary. Let's hope we have a good game plan that is executed well.
Reply/Quote