Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once more about Climate Change..

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-12-2017, 07:50 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hmm, a guy who is not a climatologist and has never done any research or conducted any study in that area gets on TV and talks over a host with the same old debunked and/or misleading talking points.

Sounds like something you'd eat up.

Well, he did destroy him. Wink
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I've said before, I don't think global warming is as much of an issue as many make it out to be. I think it's mostly cyclical and humans impact on the earth is as substantial as any non-insect organism totaling 7 billion. I don't think it's a reason to totally move towards renewable energy (I think we need to move towards renewable energy because it makes sense financially).

But I do take issue with something he said toward the end of the video. I've heard others refute the "97 percent of climate scientists" number by saying 'yeah, well, the Democrats only pay the ones that say what they want.'

If that's where the "97 percent" comes from, the money is doled out by Congress. With the exception of four years, Congress has been mostly Republican controlled since the mid-90s, when a big chunk of the climate change fever came about. I wish people would stop making it a partisan issue when — if that's correct (and I can't say it is as I've never looked into who that 97% is) — it's Republicans and Democrats who are funding that misconception.
I don't know if climate change is man made or not but I will say this,

What is wrong with doing your part in reducing pollution?

There are many things an individual can do to reduce the amount of pollution they produce.
Buy a car that uses lass gas
Cut your grass after 6:00pm
Recycle
Get solar panels
Get a windmill that produces electricity
Only cook what you will eat...no leftovers
Insulate your home better
Walk, ride your bike, take the bus or carpool to work

So many things you can do plus it will save you money...everyone likes money.

I just wish solar panels were better then more people would have them.
(06-12-2017, 08:42 PM)Benton Wrote: I've said before, I don't think global warming is as much of an issue as many make it out to be. I think it's mostly cyclical and humans impact on the earth is as substantial as any non-insect organism totaling 7 billion. I don't think it's a reason to totally move towards renewable energy (I think we need to move towards renewable energy because it makes sense financially).

But I do take issue with something he said toward the end of the video. I've heard others refute the "97 percent of climate scientists" number by saying 'yeah, well, the Democrats only pay the ones that say what they want.'

If that's where the "97 percent" comes from, the money is doled out by Congress. With the exception of four years, Congress has been mostly Republican controlled since the mid-90s, when a big chunk of the climate change fever came about. I wish people would stop making it a partisan issue when — if that's correct (and I can't say it is as I've never looked into who that 97% is) — it's Republicans and Democrats who are funding that misconception.

The 97% is a world total. Climate scientists in Germany and Japan are not "paid by Democrats."

Climate deniers are paid by the Koch brothers, though--and were by Exxon before they decided to come clean.
That Weather channel founder did destroy that Bald headed CNN host. That CNN guy was a push over. I would of liked to see him interviewed by Chris Mathews. It would of been a little different outcome.
Coleman apperas to be somewhat of a hack.

“I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid,” Coleman said. “There has been no warming for 18 years.”

Conservative publications ran with the statements, claiming a “top meteorologist” had debunked the science of global warming. Never mind that Coleman doesn’t even have a degree in meteorology, as he himself has admitted.

https://thinkprogress.org/weather-channel-rebukes-its-co-founder-on-climate-change-c7f8ac45bf0a
(06-13-2017, 07:04 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: That Weather channel founder did destroy that Bald headed CNN host. That CNN guy was a push over. I would of liked to see him interviewed by Chris Mathews. It would of been a little different outcome.

Yeah I'm sure you would in hopes Mathews does all the talking again.  When he isn't liking what he's hearing, he talks over and interrupts his guest.
That asswipe doesn't need a guest..he asks a question then answers it.
Then you got this French president offering grants to American scientists to come study climate change in France.

http://www.newsmax.com/International/macron-scientists-u-s-scientists-paris-agreement/2017/06/10/id/795334/

Bye bye.
[Image: byebye.gif]
(06-13-2017, 08:42 AM)Vlad Wrote: Then you got this French president offering grants to American scientists to come study climate change in France.

http://www.newsmax.com/International/macron-scientists-u-s-scientists-paris-agreement/2017/06/10/id/795334/

Bye bye.

Can America become great "again" without science literacy?
(06-13-2017, 09:06 AM)Dill Wrote: Can America become great "again" without science literacy?

That may make a good meme.
There you guys go again using meaningless blanket statements as valid arguments.
Conservatives blinded by emotions again. Their love of coal makes them believe that jobs like that will honestly come back and that climate change is a Chinese hoax to steal their jobs.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-12-2017, 09:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't know if climate change is man made or not but I will say this,

What is wrong with doing your part in reducing pollution?

There are many things an individual can do to reduce the amount of pollution they produce.
Buy a car that uses lass gas
Cut your grass after 6:00pm
Recycle
Get solar panels
Get a windmill that produces electricity
Insulate your home better
Walk, ride your bike, take the bus or carpool to work

So many things you can do plus it will save you money...everyone likes money.

I just wish solar panels were better then more people would have them.

Without getting deeply into this because.....pointless, I would say the above mostly illustrates my point of view as well.  Regardless of which side you are on, it is in mans best interest to take care of the environment and to make the world a better cleaner place.  And unlike most political issues, this is something each and every one of us can make a tangible impact upon every day regardless of the politics.
(06-13-2017, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Conservatives blinded by emotions again. Their love of coal makes them believe that jobs like that will honestly come back and that climate change is a Chinese hoax to steal their jobs.

Really Pat?  "Their love of coal"? How about "their love for earning a living"? ... mining being is the only thing they know.
For most of them anyway.
(06-12-2017, 09:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote:  

What's wrong with leftovers? I thought that would be better, environmentally speaking, as cooking one time and eating it 2-3 times cuts down on electricity used and water for cleanup (and electricity for cleanup if you run a dishwasher). 

I usually overcook to have leftovers for a day or two so I don't have to eat fast food all the time.
(06-13-2017, 09:21 AM)Vlad Wrote: That may make a good meme.
There you guys go again using meaningless blanket statements as valid arguments.

Irony: the use of a meaningless blanket statement as a "valid argument" to point out the use of meaningless blanket statements as a valid argument. Especially effective if preceded by the blanket identifier, "you guys."
(06-13-2017, 09:42 AM)Stewy Wrote: Without getting deeply into this because.....pointless, I would say the above mostly illustrates my point of view as well.  Regardless of which side you are on, it is in mans best interest to take care of the environment and to make the world a better cleaner place.  And unlike most political issues, this is something each and every one of us can make a tangible impact upon every day regardless of the politics.

Climate of course makes up the environment in which we live, but there is an obvious distinction between the tangible..clean air and water, and a theory.
Driven by emotions liberals believe that the US should redistribute trillions of taxpayer dollars throughout the world to reduce the global temperature by .17 degrees by the year 2100...if the computer models are correct and they rarely are.

To be clear, your average driven by emotions liberal doesn't have a clue about the numbers. Being told by the cackling hens on The View, or Al Gore, or Oprah that we're all going to die soon is good enough for them.
(06-13-2017, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Conservatives blinded by emotions again. Their love of coal makes them believe that jobs like that will honestly come back and that climate change is a Chinese hoax to steal their jobs.

Oh a few will come back.  Its pretty cyclical.  When stock supplies go down and the price rises again there will be an uptick.

But the pay/benefits are not there that were there even 10-15 years ago.  So there will be "jobs" but they pay barely more than Walmart.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-13-2017, 10:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Irony: the use of a meaningless blanket statement as a "valid argument" to point out the use of meaningless blanket statements as a valid argument. Especially effective if preceded by the blanket identifier, "you guys."

LOL.

There was an argument there?  What argument did I make? 

Lets look at that again.

Quote:Vlad

Nope, see no arguing a point there, just stating an observation.

There you guys go again making stuff up ..lol
(06-13-2017, 12:00 PM)Vlad Wrote:  LOL.

There was an argument there?  What argument did I make? 

Lets look at that again.

Nope, see no arguing a point there, just stating an observation.

There you guys go again making stuff up ..lol

You argued this . . .

(06-13-2017, 09:06 AM)Dill Wrote: Can America become great "again" without science literacy?

. . . is a "meaningless blanket statement as a valid argument."

Now you're argument is that you didn't even have an argument. In which case, I concur.

BTW, please learn the difference between a theory and a hypothesis and how to use them in a sentence correctly. "You guys" could at least make an attempt at science literacy.