Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
One Last Ride
(01-25-2016, 02:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not care one bit about what the Raiders do.

But am certainly hoping the Bengals do by taking it to the house one day. One day soon as well. 

Do you share this sentiment about Bengals ?  

Starting to wonder about the Carson calvary. Are they real Bengals fans or do they just want to be proven right about the venom they spew in defense of King Carson the Arizona Cardinal.  

Meh, I'm not sure how venomous I'm being.  Anyways, I'm a moron to everyone for thinking the Cardinals or Bengals could make it to the Super Bowl this year, much less both of them.  I shoulda just caved in and prepared myself for that Colts/Seahawks Super Bowl that everyone was predicting.

Carson sucks, the Bengals suck, and if I don't like it I shoulda been a Steelers and Packers fan like everyone else around me.  Oh well. Truthfully, I personally picked the Bengals as my team because I had a feeling it would be the less popular and more difficult of the loyalties presented to me. I guess I took the same path with Carson Palmer, in way. I was always the kid that rooted for Wile E. Coyote to catch the Roadrunner day after day, too. It's a curse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'm not sure how venomous I'm being.  Anyways, I'm a moron to everyone for thinking the Cardinals or Bengals could make it to the Super Bowl this year, much less both of them.  I shoulda just caved in and prepared myself for that Colts/Seahawks Super Bowl that everyone was predicting.

Carson sucks, the Bengals suck, and if I don't like it I shoulda been a Steelers and Packers fan like everyone else around me.  Oh well.  Truthfully, I personally picked the Bengals as my team because I had a feeling it would be the less popular and more difficult of the loyalties presented to me.  I guess I took the same path with Carson Palmer, in way.  I was always the kid that rooted for Wile E. Coyote to catch the Roadrunner day after day, too.  It's a curse.

Again I too picked the AZ vs Bengals SB.

2 years in a row. On the mothership was ridiculed over it the first yera when nobody not even yourself picked so. 

Everybody was on Seattle and the 49ers sack and claimed AZ would not even make it. Carson got hurt though after an undefeated start and we will never know as it goes the way of so many Bengals seasons full of what ifs. 

Then after they did a few people  jumped on Carson's bandwagon again. But before they held lower expectations as to not look bad because it appeared Seattle and San Fran were that good.

The question still remains unanswered though. Do you want and root for the Bengals to do better than Carson ? 

Think you are a good poster as do others in the calvary. Just differ on opinions of quitters. To me it is unforgivable the way it happened. Leave when contract is up, ok. That is making a statement that you do not agree with organization. But hold them hostage after taking in excess of !00 million. No.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: fast-furious-one-last-ride.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lived in Arizona for several years in the late 80's and do not hate the Cardinals.

But am a Bengals fan first and foremost. Have many old friends who are diehard Cardinal fans.

Would not have minded them getting the win instead of an interception exhibition.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The question still remains unanswered though. Do you want and root for the Bengals to do better than Carson ?

Well, I want them both to go 16-0 and meet in the Super Bowl and then both win it, magically, I guess.  The general consensus is that neither Carson Palmer nor the can make the Super Bowl so there isn't much sense in debating this.  With that being said, I'm actually content Carson won a playoff game, so the Bengals doing ANYTHING in the post-season is next on the list.

(01-25-2016, 03:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would not have minded them getting the win instead of an interception exhibition.

True, but no small number of them were beyond upset the Cardinals got Palmer off Oakland's scrapheap rather than drafting Geno Smith, so meh.
Reply/Quote
Carson made it to the NFC title game this season and had a good season. Still hate the sob though for quiting on us though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: fast-furious-one-last-ride.jpg]

Too soon.
Reply/Quote
I'm confused, is Carson's horrible play in the NFC championship game supposed to somehow make up for 5 straight shit shows of our own? Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 06:33 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm confused, is Carson's horrible play in the NFC championship game supposed to somehow make up for 5 straight shit shows of our own?  Mellow

That's what I'm taking away from this. Apparently it's better to have 5 straight one and dones than going to a conference title game. Who knew?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 06:33 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm confused, is Carson's horrible play in the NFC championship game supposed to somehow make up for 5 straight shit shows of our own?  Mellow

Not at all.

However, there are still a few that always had felt that if the team could have somehow convinced Carson to stay with the Bengals, and let them build up the team around him (like they have done with Andy), that Carson would have taken us to the promised land.

And, there is also a somewhat larger contingency of folks that are noting that Carson had found himself in the optimal situation, with the Cardinals.  Great team, really good coaching and ownership, etc., and when given the opportunity to play in a championship game, he reverted to and exemplified every bad Quarterbacking habit that was cause for criticism, when he was a Bengal.

I'm not knocking on Carson, in fact I feel badly for the guy.  He's a heck of a fighter, coming back from injury after injury.  You would have thought that he would have learned to quit forcing the ball, and trying to throw while falling away on his back foot by now..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Yes you are and no it's not. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
AZ got farther than they should of in the first place. They only scraped past Green Bay courtesy of a badly blown OPI call for a TD in the fourth quarter and then the Packer "defense" both leaving Larry Fitzgerald WIDE open then putting on a clinic of how not to tackle a player.

So they get to go to Carolina and pretty much blow the game in the first quarter with a flurry of unforced turnover that spot the Panthers three touchdowns at least. Palmer was his P6P self but that whole squad just imploded.
Reply/Quote

Apparently you don't remember all the posts where Bfine claimed that Palmer would finish in the top 3 in passer rating, yards, and tds plus lead his team to the conference championship game.

This thread is his chance to say "I told you so."

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently you don't remember all the posts where Bfine claimed that Palmer would finish in the top 3 in passer rating, yards, and tds plus lead his team to the conference championship game.

This thread is his chance to say "I told you so."

Smirk

Exactly, ocho was a god who carried a terible Palmer and the Bengals in the mid 2000s in bfines fantasy land.  Despite the last five seasons proving beyond any reasonable doubt how wrong he was, he's still clinging to his claim that Palmer is godawful.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
The pictures/vids people could post with a title like that!! Ninja
Reply/Quote