Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Simple Word...Joe
How great does it feel to have a QB like Joe. No doubt in my mind he will be a top 3 QB sooner than later. He’s already breaking rookie records left and right. This guy just has a great football sense and is extremely smart in his decision making. Even though the team has only won 2 games so far it’s still exciting to watch Burrow every Sunday to see what he will do.

If anyone is going to change this team around it will be him and his leadership and playing.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't agree more. He'll be unstoppable in a few years and the kind of guy that can absolutely carry a team.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: How great does it feel to have a QB like Joe. No doubt in my mind he will be a top 3 QB sooner than later. He’s already breaking rookie records left and right. This guy just has a great football sense and is extremely smart in his decision making. Even though the team has only won 2 games so far it’s still exciting to watch Burrow every Sunday to see what he will do.

If anyone is going to change this team around it will be him and his leadership and playing.

He's fun to watch for sure...and rewriting the rookie record books in the process.

He plays with the kind of confidence and moxy that I haven't seen in a Bengals QB since Boomer.
Reply/Quote
And to think we're saying about him in a game where he only threw for 259 (?) yards. We only punted once all game until the very end. He just kept moving the chains. Zac called a very good game, too.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s so nice to have an offense that can put up 30 points consistently week after week. Burrow is going to be something special in a couple years.

It feels weird to hear announcers gush about our QB every game lol. For years it was always about the other team’s QB’s. Burrow outplayed an MVP candidate today though.

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that the Fat guy in Pittsburgh may be in his last year. Yeah, they are playing well as a team, but I just don't see him hanging around to be the 3rd or 4th best QB in the AFCN. He's watching Burrow, and knows he will soon be the cream along with Lamar. His ego won't take it. I bet he says he's going out on top and retires.
Reply/Quote
Never worried about Joes maturation. I knew before the cfb playoffs he was a franchise nfl QB.

This team needs a pass rush. If they had that a ur DB could play more aggressive and make more plays. That and OL help us what this team really needs
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:22 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: And to think we're saying about him in a game where he only threw for 259 (?) yards. We only punted once all game until the very end. He just kept moving the chains. Zac called a very good game, too.

Kevin Huber is getting a lot of rest over the last 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have a feeling that the Fat guy in Pittsburgh may be in his last year. Yeah, they are playing well as a team, but I just don't see him hanging around to be the 3rd or 4th best QB in the AFCN. He's watching Burrow, and knows he will soon be the cream along with Lamar. His ego won't take it. I bet he says he's going out on top and retires.

I learned my lesson with writing that fat bastard off...

He’s probably going to terrorize us for several more years.

Reply/Quote
He's great to watch. I was excited to get him after his championship run at LSU, but I def had doubts about how it would translate to the league. I just remember watching him in mop-up duty at Ohio State and still can't wrap my head around him being what he is right now.
Reply/Quote
Every week, it seems like Joe sets another record:

...and is well on his way to another:

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I learned my lesson with writing that fat bastard off...

I hope he's around a few years. If we don't best a Ben lead Steelers team in the playoffs or to get to the the playoffs it'll feel hollow 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I learned my lesson with writing that fat bastard off...

Yup...big ben will finish his career with 4 more victories against us...making it 14 straight
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have a feeling that the Fat guy in Pittsburgh may be in his last year. Yeah, they are playing well as a team, but I just don't see him hanging around to be the 3rd or 4th best QB in the AFCN. He's watching Burrow, and knows he will soon be the cream along with Lamar. His ego won't take it. I bet he says he's going out on top and retires.

Ben is 23 and 7 Vs our poor bungles

Im sure hes terrified and worried about his ego
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's fun to watch for sure...and rewriting the rookie record books in the process.

He plays with the kind of confidence and moxy that I haven't seen in a Bengals QB since Boomer.

Yep

Joe just gives you those intangibles that don't always show up in the stat book. Pocket awareness and manipulation. He steps up, jumps back. slides sideways. He sees the field really well. Doesn't panic (very often). Never gives up and just on and on. 

I was grinning ear to ear today watching him play. And like you say it's been a long time since I've felt that in any Bengals QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:10 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Ben is 23 and 7 Vs our poor bungles

Im sure hes terrified and worried about his ego

Yes, we are all aware of our record against Pitt. What I'm saying is he is getting old and is not as good as he was. Lamar is the new star of the AFCN. Burrow will be in a year or 2. I don't expect Ben to stick around and be #3, I think he will go out being able to say he was the best QB in the Division. But, that's just conjecture.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:29 PM)samhain Wrote: He's great to watch. I was excited to get him after his championship run at LSU, but I def had doubts about how it would translate to the league. I just remember watching him in mop-up duty at Ohio State and still can't wrap my head around him being what he is right now.

Honestly you probably have to chalk it up to hard work. I think he just worked his ass off to take his game to the next level. He doesn’t have the freakish physical talent of a Mahomes or Lamar, but the guy’s football IQ is off the charts, and his coaches at LSU and Jordan Palmer helped form him into what we’re seeing. His accuracy wows me at least a couple times every game.

(11-02-2020, 12:02 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Every week, it seems like Joe sets another record:

“BUt IT’s OnLY bECaUSe HE’s THroWInG SO mUCh!!!”

(11-02-2020, 12:04 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: I hope he's around a few years. If we don't best a Ben lead Steelers team in the playoffs or to get to the the playoffs it'll feel hollow 

I’d rather just avoid those bastards all together. One less opportunity for them to go after #9.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, we are all aware of our record against Pitt. What I'm saying is he is getting old and is not as good as he was. Lamar is the new star of the AFCN. Burrow will be in a year or 2. I don't expect Ben to stick around and be #3, I think he will go out being able to say he was the best QB in the Division. But, that's just conjecture.

He has a 100 passer rating and they are 7 and 0. What the hell are you even talking about?
Reply/Quote
Can we get back to praising our QB, and get off of talking about those punks in the piss yellow?

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His accuracy wows me at least a couple times every game.

I’ll take accuracy over strength any day of the week. When people say his biggest weakness is his strength, It doesn’t seem to be affecting him....
Reply/Quote