Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Thing That Infuriated Me More Than Anything...
(10-09-2016, 09:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not the o-line, Zeitler, Bodine and Ogbuehi; Whitworth and Boling were pretty damn solid.

But again, they weren't the cause of the loss today; this was on D and scheming.

How the hell can you say this game is all on the d, when we didn't get a point in 3 quarter
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I really don't think Eifert's going to make that much of a difference. He's not going to make the C and RT suddenly become good players. Nor is he going to get Marvin and the coaches get their head's out of the rears. What he will do is help take some pressure off AJ Green and give Dalton a reliable target. That's not enough I'm afraid.

The season isn't over, but it's looking more and more like we're headed for a top 10 pick.
Yes, he will help but there are way too many issues with this team for him to make enough of a difference -- before he gets hurt again. And Dalton is starting to get itchy feet in the pocket because he has NO confidence in the OL. Period! Who would? Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, IMO you're throwing in the towel much too early.

Problems with the oline aside, they aren't the reason we lost today or against the Stoolers and Bodine, despite his struggles, handled Suh VERY well. We'll be fine, with or without them.

Eifert going to make a huge difference and both lines of the Patriots are not stellar. It'll be a mountain to climb, but unlike everyone here, I don't give up.

I'm most severely disappointed. It's not particularly the loss, but how they played.

Eifert will help, but I also don't believe he's going to be coming in 100%, so I don't expect much from him initially. Look for the team to ease him in.

If we are only talking about NE, then we do need to show up. But Belichick knows how to cover up his own team's weaknesses while exploiting the opponent's flaws.

Our coaches, on the other hand, seem unprepared far too often. Today, going against a relatively weak DL, our OL looked horrid and was unable to maintain the pocket for very long. That's not on coverage. If it were coverage sacks we'd be seeing more time to throw. The longest pass play today was only 22 yards to AJ.

I'm expecting Belichick to come in with something interesting for our OL.

LaFell is an alright #2, after all he did catch all of our points today. But why didn't we get him involved right away when it was obvious Dallas was going slant their coverage to take away Green?

RBs also only ran it 14 times. That just says "rush the passer". Why don't we run more? Because our OL can't run block very well, that's why.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Naw, that's a GREAT analogy!

I said that :p

We didn't lost because of their pass rush; AFAIR, it stalled only 1 or 2 drives (the oline play).

We lost because we couldn't stop anything on D and the scheming was terrible.

Like I said my man, I agree with most of what you have stated and you are not wrong with the vast majority of your points. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Not going for it on 4th and half a yard down by 21 in the first half didn't exactly make me happy.

Another example of a HC with NO FIGHTING SPIRIT. No wonder the team plays without fire. Get rid of Marvin Lewis and many of these poor coaches. Come on Duke, march into Mikey's cave and explain to him  that a big part of the "personnel" issue is the coaches!!! Ninja
Reply/Quote

We didn't lost because of their pass rush; AFAIR, it stalled only 1 or 2 drives (the oline play).

The D did seem to be afraid of their rookie QB's feet. Really not sure why we didn't just rush 5 or 6 every play in run safe blitzes and play 5 DBs behind that. We do have the players to do that. And that would reduce the effectiveness of the read-option.

Reply/Quote

Truck I agree with you more often than not. And I agree the defense got torched on many plays.

But the yoke hanging around our necks is the crappy O-line and even crappier play calling with no ability to use what little we have working on offense. Zampese has no clue how to get this offense gaining yards. Don't let the 14 garbage points fool you, we have no offense this season at all.
Reply/Quote
Completely agree with this, we do funny plays on both sides, that lafell sweep was a momentum killer.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:05 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Completely agree with this, we do funny plays on both sides, that lafell sweep was a momentum killer.

Yep, was hoping we would get rid of some of the "cute" stuff that Hue implemented, as I tought we were flat out good enough to beat teams with individual match ups that didn't rely on trickery. With our oline now we have to really kill any of these slow developing plays
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:05 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: How the hell can you say this game is all on the d, when we didn't get a point in 3 quarter

you win by scoring more points than the other team. HOW HARD IS THIS TO EXPLAIN!?

our D played liked a 7th grade team. FACT!!!!! accept it and move on. SCORE MORE POINTS AND WIN.
Reply/Quote
"cute"? and hue stuff? nothing zamp has done has remotely stricken me as "hue's cute" offense. not even in the slightest. no sir.
Reply/Quote
We need another pass rusher in the nickle packages we can't get to the QB with our nickle front 4 right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:05 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Completely agree with this, we do funny plays on both sides, that lafell sweep was a momentum killer.

not a momentum killer. if this is cute it is "one play" of the game c'mon man ridiculous. ONE PLAY. is all.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:19 AM)J24 Wrote: We need another pass rusher in the nickle packages we can't get to the QB with our nickle front 4 right now.

so you remember who we had? we had geno peko mj and dunlap plusssssss we had rotation that zimmer used on the reg. includes gillberry, clarke, thompson, i forget even more important names......
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:26 AM)WildCat Wrote: so you remember who we had? we had geno peko mj and dunlap plusssssss we had rotation that zimmer used on the reg. includes gillberry, clarke, thompson, i forget even more important names......

The only time we had a true rotation was in 11 when fanene and Rucker were here Gilberry really was the only guy that contributed outside of the starting 4 since then.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Really the offensive issue start up front. Bodine, Zeitler and Ogbuehi are getting beaten like rented mules every game. At this point they need to consider bringing in Winston at RT and perhaps shift Og inside to RG for a spell. We have no one to replace Bodine (which is frightening) but it might stem the bleeding a little and benching Zeitler could send a message.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:31 AM)J24 Wrote: The only time we had a true rotation was in 11 when fanene and Rucker were here Gilberry really was the only guy that contributed outside of the starting 4 since then.

gilberry wasn't the only one. don't bullshit me i remember i just dont remember their names.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: God that was bothersome too...

I thought the play-calling really wasn't that bad; only three times did I get pissed at what was called (2nd 10, run hill on a sweep and he hurts his hand, was incredibly stupid), but the lack of urgency was garbage as well.

What!! the play calling was horrible at best. Too many runs in the 1st half, the overall desighn of are plays is questionable (receivers literally ran out 5 to 7 yards and turned around), When we pull are guards we gained big yards running, But Zampese stopped calling that run. Zampese offensive scheme was  unaggressive, and entirely to conservative, we played and coached as if all the marbles aint on the table, We targeted Aj Green 1 time (maybe twice) by the end of the first half. Someone please tell Zampese we are supposed to try and win the game, and to do so we have to score points, and that's his JOB!!! He called plays to create time consuming drives (too please Marvin) vs to attack Dallas weakness on defense!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:13 AM)Brimey Wrote: Yep, was hoping we would get rid of some of the "cute" stuff that Hue implemented, as I tought we were flat out good enough to beat teams with individual match ups that didn't rely on trickery. With our oline now we have to really kill any of these slow developing plays

I'm not quite in agreement here.  I understand the sentiment, but just don't agree under the circumstances. 

This team is not winning in the trenches on offense.  They aren't protecting Andy and they aren't opening holes in the run game.  They probably run trick plays because it's all they've got at this point.  They have to do something unexpected to throw the defense off, b/c they don't have the cohesion or personnel to line up and pound it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:33 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: A concerning pattern is beginning to emerge.

For the second time, a Marvin Lewis lead team appears to be falling apart with the mental aspects, after a successful run the previous season and heavy expectations coming in.

Yep.....bout time for another Mediocre Marv reboot.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote