Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Thing That Infuriated Me More Than Anything...
(10-09-2016, 10:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hate to go against my boy Truck, but Cincy.com (Enquirer) put all 4 sacks on Ogbuehi and Bodine. Bodine got abused on a stunt yet again.

Yeah.....even Phil Simms said they were taking advantage of Ogbuehi.  Another Piano Man protege who can't get out of his own way.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm most severely disappointed. It's not particularly the loss, but how they played.

Eifert will help, but I also don't believe he's going to be coming in 100%, so I don't expect much from him initially. Look for the team to ease him in.

If we are only talking about NE, then we do need to show up. But Belichick knows how to cover up his own team's weaknesses while exploiting the opponent's flaws.

Our coaches, on the other hand, seem unprepared far too often. Today, going against a relatively weak DL, our OL looked horrid and was unable to maintain the pocket for very long. That's not on coverage. If it were coverage sacks we'd be seeing more time to throw. The longest pass play today was only 22 yards to AJ.

I'm expecting Belichick to come in with something interesting for our OL.

LaFell is an alright #2, after all he did catch all of our points today. But why didn't we get him involved right away when it was obvious Dallas was going slant their coverage to take away Green?

RBs also only ran it 14 times. That just says "rush the passer". Why don't we run more? Because our OL can't run block very well, that's why.

As I said in the Gameday thread.....teams often scheme very well against us.....we don't scheme for shit.  Zampese couldn't call a game of Tecmo Bowl (shocker there).

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ... was that they CONTINUALLY sent DEs out on WRs.

When they hard a 3rd and 7, 3rd and 6, they would do this stupid shit constantly.

BD and I talked about this last week too, how they did it once in a while.

Well today it burned them *4* times; Clarke on Williams, MJ on Beasley (who really isn't that good at all; poor man's Baby Hawk) and MJ on Whitehead, I think it was. Then Dunlap on someone as well, think it was Witten.

None of us (or the team) should care if it throws in a wrinkle or a different look, etc.; IT DOESN'T WORK, ITS NEVER WORKED, SO STOP DOING IT.

Screw the big runs or anything else that happened today, when you need stops and you have the opportunity, mortgaging those opportunities is the worst and stupidest thing you can do.

Season is far from over and we're still in good shape with Eifert coming back next week, but you can bet your rear that NE will exploit this play every single time if we run it.

Just stupid, utterly stupid.

True, and mine has to be the 8 straight losses vs winning teams. Gotta go back to the Steelers win November 1st for last win vs winning team.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Evidently, The Bengals game planned for a Dallas defense that runs a lot of man coverage, but against our team; they ran a lot of zone defense. It's infuriating that we couldn't adjust to this magical scheme.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hate to go against my boy Truck, but Cincy.com (Enquirer) put all 4 sacks on Ogbuehi and Bodine. Bodine got abused on a stunt yet again.

There was also a fifth that got called back because one of their cornerbacks was holding.  Bodine got mauled, and Ogbuehi looked absolutely lost on a number of plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sorry man but Bodine and Ogbuehi were not good. You go look at the Cowboys Dline depth, then go look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how all of that 4th-7th rd talent owned all of that 1st through 3rd talent on the Bengals.

Tell me plz how our qb wasn't scrambling for his life for most of the game while being sacked 3 times and not having any time whatsoever to look down the field.

This game was lost in the trenches on both sides and it was our trenches that sucked!!

You are exactly right. Both lines suck!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:55 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Evidently, The Bengals game planned for a Dallas defense that runs a lot of man coverage, but against our team; they ran a lot of zone defense. It's infuriating that we couldn't adjust to this magical scheme.

Reminds me of last year against Denver. Tore them up in the first half against man coverage for 21 points, then they change up in the second half and come out with a zone scheme. We loose in overtime.

Good coaches see what is going on and change things. Bad coaches, well ... "we gotta play better".

This coaching staff doesn't seem capable of having a bright idea during a game.

Reply/Quote