Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Touchdown against a bad defense?
I'm not being a cry baby or anything and it was good to see us get back on track but how do we only manage to score one touchdown against a bad defense?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Well, there was the bad play calling, the nonexistent blocking, the two dropped TD passes (Uzomah and Boyd)...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:33 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well, there was the bad play calling, the nonexistent blocking, the two dropped TD passes (Uzomah and Boyd)...

...the 3rd rate OC
Reply/Quote
To be fair the pass to uzi which shoulda been a td was poorly thrown and was almost impossible to turn it into a td bc of its placement and the Boyd drop came off a deflection so that won't count as statistical drop either even tho I feel like he shoulda had it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Sure, and that is cause for concern, but they were having severe problems in many areas, and they have clearly worked on them. It is only week 4, no need to freak for no ***** reason, all you can do is sit back, hope for the best, and just maybe they will get all their shit into one sock.
Reply/Quote
OPI and a bad snap ruined two ventures into the red zone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
.....don't forget more struggles in the run game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
At least Mike Nugent made all those field goals!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:33 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well, there was the bad play calling, the nonexistent blocking, the two dropped TD passes (Uzomah and Boyd)...

Ceej never dropped a TD pass Whatever
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:57 AM)IMightBeRight Wrote: maybe they will get all their shit into one sock.

This I would like to see.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 07:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....don't forget more struggles in the run game.

This!
Reply/Quote
I started a thread after the Broncos game which really explains the problem

Our offensive line is way below average with the worst center in the league. Zeitler is definitely not getting a major contract and our RT is essentially a rookie.

We will not beat any of the top 4 or 5 in AFC with this level of offensive line play.

D line was average in first three games. They were dominant yesterday against a second string Miami line.

Maybe having Eifert playing helps O line because the D has to account for him but I doubt it. There was no push from our O line and nothing for Hill and Gio to work with.

D is going to need to carry us against Dallas. I shudder to think how badly we are going to get beat in New England.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: I'm not being a cry baby or anything and it was good to see us get back on track but how do we only manage to score one touchdown against a bad defense?

I agree, our score should've been in the 30's. This Miami team is not a good team at all and a win isn't exactly ground breaking. The fact is this isn't the kind of team we have to win to go deep into the playoffs. It would be the Broncos, Steelers, Pats. And were 0-2 against those level teams so far.

This offensive line is so bad it couldn't man handle one of the worst run defenses in the NFL right now. Will we win the Miami type games this year? Absolutely. Will we beat the best of the best and actually win a playoff game this year? Nope. I don't believe for a second something will magically change over the course of the year. It certainly hasn't through 4 weeks improved, its not going to "just" happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:21 AM)GodFather Wrote: I agree, our score should've been in the 30's. This Miami team is not a good team at all and a win isn't exactly ground breaking. The fact is this isn't the kind of team we have to win to go deep into the playoffs. It would be the Broncos, Steelers, Pats. And were 0-2 against those level teams so far.

This offensive line is so bad it couldn't man handle one of the worst run defenses in the NFL right now. Will we win the Miami type games this year? Absolutely. Will we beat the best of the best and actually win a playoff game this year? Nope. I don't believe for a second something will magically change over the course of the year. It certainly hasn't through 4 weeks improved, its not going to "just" happen.

R-E-L-A-X
Reply/Quote
Bengals are at 3.1 per carry which ranks 30th in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Bengals are at 3.1 per carry which ranks 30th in the NFL.

And most of us thought it would be the passing game that struggled with all the new WR, and no Eifert. 

Reply/Quote
I look at this a little different.

1. The Dolphins may be bad on defense STATISTICALLY, but there is a ton of talent on that team. I'm actually shocked that they didn't have more pressure against us in the passing game.

2. I get that they have given up some yards running, but Suh, Edwards and Phillips are a load in the front four.

3. We still have essentially ALL new WRs and TEs except for AJ Green. You can't discount that. Sure, the offense struggles in the red zone, but I'm not surprised since we have so many new pieces.

4. Outside of 1 big play (which really needs to stop happening), the defense was flat out dominant.

There are some areas of concern, but hopefully getting Eifert back will alleviate some of them. I still can't believe we can't run the ball better, but I do have to give credit to Bodine last night. I thought Suh would use him for a turnstile and it didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And most of us thought it would be the passing game that struggled with all the new WR, and no Eifert. 

Honestly, the passing game is struggling when it counts the most - the red zone.
Reply/Quote

The red zone play calling is beyond predictable.  Bring in extra linemen, run Hill into the line for two consecutive no gains, then throw on third down.  Zampese really needs to get more creative because field goals are not going to cut it in every game.

The line actually held up better than I thought it would last night, but you can't be forced to bring in extra linemen every time you want to run the ball.  You're basically telling the entire stadium what you are doing.  There were times last night that the Bengals had seven guys blocking, and they still only averaged 2.1 yards a carry against a team that struggles to stop the run.

Anyone else surprised that Kroft has not been targeted more?
Reply/Quote
Red zone efficiency is very very troubling. I did go to bed halfway through the 3rd, but I don't think I've seen us attempt one fade route to Green so far at all this year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote