Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One play has me convinced Zampese is not evolving
(08-21-2017, 12:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You are kidding right.. one play like that has you on the ledge.. have you seen other team playing calling.. Steelers are totally known for going to broke in that type of situation.. besides you are most likely wrong.. the person to be mad at would be Andy.. unless something like a screen etc.. the QB has more than one option and will sometimes read the coverage and make a decision to take a shot in end zone...
It has me on edge because there was no reason to go all or nothing with only 2 yds to get a first down 
Oh yeah the Steelers would have thrown it to Bell on a swing or arrow route or hit Brown on a option route depending on how he was being defended underneath 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 12:44 AM)impactplaya Wrote: It has me on edge because there was no reason to go all or nothing with only 2 yds to get a first down 
Oh yeah the Steelers would have thrown it to Bell on a swing or arrow route or hit Brown on a option route depending on how he was being defended underneath 

But you're putting more importance on calling plays to win a game than you are on what preseason is for. There are plenty of plays in the playbook that are successful against certain situations--down and distance, field position, etc. 

Coaches and players have stated many times; there's no actual game planning during a preseason game. They go into it with a particular set of runs and passes they want to practice against an opponent. They don't deviate from that just to try and score more points and win. That's for the regular season. 

Preseason is for getting reps with certain plays and evaluating talent. Anyone, obviously, would still like to win but that's not the primary objective. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 02:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I never thought in a million years I would read any Bengals fan post in support of Brat's coaching/calling. And there you have it. We are really that bad!

This x 100

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 03:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Zimmer
Hue Jackson
Reggie Nelson
Kevin Zeitler
Andrew Whitworth
Vance Joseph
Marvin Jones
Mohamed Sanu

...have all left the building.

Would include Gruden on this list as well personally. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Brat's infamous shovel pass did indeed often gain two yards or more -- but I still don't want him back.

Who can forget when Tab Perry would line up in the back field and everyone in the stadium knew it was a shovel pass except for Marvin Lewis.   It worked once so we kept trying it 100 plus times
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 02:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I never thought in a million years I would read any Bengals fan post in support of Brat's coaching/calling. And there you have it. We are really that bad!

That's what I was thinking as I read this thread. DingDing
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 02:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would include Gruden on this list as well personally. 

Absolutely. He's done well for himself with the Redskins.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 07:43 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely.  He's done well for himself with the Redskins.

And he was dogged consistently on the boards if I remember right when he was here.....
Reply/Quote
Friendly reminder....this is preseason the outcome doesn't matter. You take your shots now to figure out what you can do or improve on later. Lions were 4-0 in the preseason the year they went 0-16.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 09:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: Friendly reminder....this is preseason the outcome doesn't matter. You take your shots now to figure out what you can do or improve on later. Lions were 4-0 in the preseason the year they went 0-16.

Yep, the head coach is likely calling the OC before the start of the series and saying I want to see two passing routes, or two running routes, or something across the middle. Regardless of if it works or not, that is what the OC dials up, because pre season is about seeing plays executed, not winning the game.
Reply/Quote
The offensive line is dictating pretty much everything that this offense is doing. They are scheming on offense to hide the deficiencies of the offensive line.

It all goes back to the issues with the offensive line.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 02:55 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Who can forget when Tab Perry would line up in the back field and everyone in the stadium knew it was a shovel pass except for Marvin Lewis.   It worked once so we kept trying it 100 plus times

Tab Perry. Wow. Nice name drop. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, the head coach is likely calling the OC before the start of the series and saying I want to see two passing routes, or two running routes, or something across the middle. Regardless of if it works or not, that is what the OC dials up, because pre season is about seeing plays executed, not winning the game.

My guess is it is more Andy and AJ trying to tinker with some things. Either way it seriously doesn't matter, even so I don't hate the play. If it works it's brilliant if not it's stupid, thats how 90% of football plays are looked at by fans.
Reply/Quote
Hell no to Brat!

What is wrong with some of you people?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 12:44 AM)impactplaya Wrote: It has me on edge because there was no reason to go all or nothing with only 2 yds to get a first down 

totally disagree, i watched enough football through the years and last year Big Ben threw deep multiple times on 3 and 1/2 yards to go.. yes you are overreacting. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe they just wanted to work on the timing of that particular play? You know, as in preseason, when it doesn't count.

We looked like crap mostly on Saturday night, but it doesn't count!

Step away from the ledge people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And he was dogged consistently on the boards if I remember right when he was here.....

Yes he was but I always defended his backside on here.  

Most were happy he left and predicted he would be fired already. 

Truth is he drafted most of our good players that helped turn us around.

Dalton, AJ Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Zeitler, Eiffert, and Gio. 

Plus there are many Cats fans on here who may never pull for a former Card.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 12:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You are kidding right.. one play like that has you on the ledge.. have you seen other team playing calling.. Steelers are totally known for going to broke in that type of situation.. besides you are most likely wrong.. the person to be mad at would be Andy.. unless something like a screen etc.. the QB has more than one option and will sometimes read the coverage and make a decision to take a shot in end zone...

The thing that makes me mad about A.J. in the endzone is that Andy refuses to throw the ball high on the fade pattern. He is 6'3" with almost a 40 inch vertical jump. Throw the ball high and let him go up and get it.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, the head coach is likely calling the OC before the start of the series and saying I want to see two passing routes, or two running routes, or something across the middle. Regardless of if it works or not, that is what the OC dials up, because pre season is about seeing plays executed, not winning the game.

Shush, you will ruin the narrative of the "sky is falling" crowd... Btw I predict the sky will turn dark in exactly 1 hr here on the west coast, for 2 minutes and 18 seconds....
Reply/Quote
At this moment I see a offense still struggling in the red zone
Same as last seasons Achilles for this offense
Meanwhile down south the Falcons offense is still rolling minus
Julio Jones.
The Bengals have all this firepower on offense and a pop gun OC.
Settling for f.g is a sure way to a 3 win season
Reply/Quote