Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online "ads" attempt to trick Hillary voters into not voting
http://fortune.com/2016/11/03/text-vote-hillary-clinton/

Not sure if anyone saw this. Some pro-Trump twitter accounts were sharing memes designed to look like official Hillary graphics that told voters they could early vote via texting. The posts were in both English and Spanish and had pro-Hillary hash tags #ImWithHer and #GoHillary

[Image: screen-shot-2016-11-03-at-11-05-15-am.png]

[Image: screen-shot-2016-11-03-at-11-05-02-am.png]

users tried to get them taken down but were told that since it wasn't technically illegal to give out misinformation about voting, it didn't violate the TOS. Later, however, they were taken down and the accounts suspended.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Funny, but #DraftOurDaughters was a much better troll job.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-04-2016, 01:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Funny, but #DraftOurDaughters was a much better troll job.

That one was more creative, this one was more realistic and potentially more effective. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-04-2016, 02:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That one was more creative, this one was more realistic and potentially more effective. 

I kinda disagree. Literally stopping Clinton from getting votes would be more damaging, but it's a flat out lie that next to no one is going to believe. Using a positive feminist message to pretend like Clinton's neocon policies are a good thing created mind numbing level of cognitive dissonance for so many people/
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-04-2016, 02:32 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I kinda disagree. Literally stopping Clinton from getting votes would be more damaging, but it's a flat out lie that next to no one is going to believe. Using a positive feminist message to pretend like Clinton's neocon policies are a good thing created mind numbing level of cognitive dissonance for so many people/

Have you met our electorate?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Those are funny, just like the FB ads telling Hillary supporters to vote Nov 9.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
kind of torn on this one.

10 years ago I would have laughed and said anyone dumb enough to fall for it doesn't need to be voting anyway. But nowadays the collective IQ is so low when it comes to anything on social media, its almost to the point where the internet is having a pretty large impact for something without regulation or consequence.
I've been going door to door. I ran in to a few people that told me they already voted by phone....

Wow. Can't imagine how many there will be that won't know this was a load of shit.
whut?!!? did they try to tell people McD's was closed?
--------------------------------------------------------