Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Online....overrated or no?
Not a poll cuz I'm too lazy. Just for the sake of discussion do you feel like the online is overrated? I think they may be just a bit. Dalton gets rid of it so quickly but the pass looking is very good I would say. The run blocking seems pretty average to me.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:42 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Not a poll cuz I'm too lazy.  Just for the sake of discussion do you feel like the online is overrated?  I think they may be just a bit.  Dalton gets rid of it so quickly but the pass looking is very good I would say.  The run blocking seems pretty average to me.

No, I LOVE the online. I get on the online every day! You can watch sports, talk sports, buy stuff, and see naked ladies so i truly believe it is accurately rated.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes our O-line is very good, but it is not all that some make it out to be. Dalton and our offensive scheme by nature gets the ball out quickly which makes the pass protection look better than it is at times, plus dalton is fairly mobile and has saved them a few times too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No, I LOVE the online. I get on the online every day! You can watch sports, talk sports, buy stuff, and see naked ladies so i truly believe it is accurately rated.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes our O-line is very good, but it is not all that some make it out to be. Dalton and our offensive scheme by nature gets the ball out quickly which makes the pass protection look better than it is at times, plus dalton is fairly mobile and has saved them a few times too.

What gives me pause is Jeremy hill looking like average out there.  Teams are selling out to stop him Im sure.   Get a hat on a hat and let him roam, make sure we ain't telegraphing our run % when he's out there maybe.  Or maybe Hill just needs to be more decisive.  If teams are playing the run as hard as I think they are when Hill is in, there is some hay to be made with the play action.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:42 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Not a poll cuz I'm too lazy.  Just for the sake of discussion do you feel like the online is overrated?  I think they may be just a bit.  Dalton gets rid of it so quickly but the pass looking is very good I would say.  The run blocking seems pretty average to me.

Hell no, it's not overrated.  It's outstanding.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
How the heck could you miss spell it twice in the title of the thread then again in your original post? the - button is no where near the n button on a keyboard. My mind is blown....
Reply/Quote
No their underrated.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
They are not a run blocking line (pretty average). But they do pass protect well. I'd give them a 5.5 for run blocking out of 10. An 8.5 for pass protecting.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:11 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: How the heck could you miss spell it twice in the title of the thread then again in your original post? the - button is no where near the n button on a keyboard. My mind is blown....

Dude he's probably posting from his phone. Can you say "autocorrect"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I kinda have to give credence to Savage's question. He has a very valid point, the run blocking has been very spotty, and the Pass Pro only appears good because Dalton has been on some sort of dream streak. It is clearly evident to me, why the team went ahead and drafted two OTs this season. Whit is showing his age, and Andre just never panned out to what he was drafted to be. The Guards are OK, but they also have their weaknesses that smart DCs seem to find on tape. Bodine seems to be "growing into his role", and that is a good thing, as Andy seems confident sneaking behind him.

Anyway, aside from all of the babble; Yes, the OL is something to think about, down the stretch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:11 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: How the heck could you miss spell it twice in the title of the thread then again in your original post? the - button is no where near the n button on a keyboard. My mind is blown....

I don't even know what you're talking about so if you're dead cuz you killed yourself or whatever that's not even my fault. I just posted a thread and you blew your own mind. And that's just ****** man.  Thats on you.
Reply/Quote
Our offensive line is underrated and has been for several years.
Reply/Quote
The entire league is experiencing a drought in Oline talent. If we aren't considered good then there must be no good Olines left.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dude he's probably posting from his phone. Can you say "autocorrect"?

I post from my phone with autocorrect all the time without such egregious errors. Sometimes folks just need to spend a second or two proof reading. I know ..it's hard, but just a few seconds of our busy lives makes for easier reading for those with nothing but time on their hands. Wink
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I kinda have to give credence to Savage's question.  He has a very valid point, the run blocking has been very spotty, and the Pass Pro only appears good because Dalton has been on some sort of dream streak.  It is clearly evident to me, why the team went ahead and drafted two OTs this season.  Whit is showing his age, and Andre just never panned out to what he was drafted to be.  The Guards are OK, but they also have their weaknesses that smart DCs seem to find on tape.  Bodine seems to be "growing into his role", and that is a good thing, as Andy seems confident sneaking behind him.

Anyway, aside from all of the babble; Yes, the OL is something to think about, down the stretch.

I feel like Dalton ain't even worried about where he throws it.  His guys are better their guys.  And he knows it.  The internet could be better tho.  The online I mean. Wink.  What up shake.
Reply/Quote
Very good OL, but they are not the main reason Dalton is playing better this year, contrary to some of the theories I've been hearing in the media.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:11 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: How the heck could you miss spell it twice in the title of the thread then again in your original post? the - button is no where near the n button on a keyboard. My mind is blown....

A blown mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
There is an alternative theory. Opposing defensive lines are pretty good too.

Reply/Quote
They aren't great blocking for Jeremy. I think it is because he doesn't have the explosion he did last year.

But they are great in pass protection and when Gio is in, they are great at run blocking.

I don't think they're overrated at all. I think we have one of the best Olines in the NFL.

Off topic, but I miss Truck's PFF breakdowns... stupid PFF
Reply/Quote
No. But I think Hill might be. I know i will catch hell for saying that.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:37 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I feel like Dalton ain't even worried about where he throws it.  His guys are better their guys.  And he knows it.  The internet could be better tho.  The online I mean. Wink.  What up shake.

Not much. Enjoying this little win streak...when I'm not working.  Yawn

I think the o-line is a little overrated, but they're still very good. I have no idea what's going on with my boy Hill, but the kid proved he has skills last year. Maybe they're too predictable when he's in there?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote