Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Online....overrated or no?
This play says they are underrated to me...give credit to Eifert and MLJ too very nice blocks.

[Image: gio-touchdown.0.gif]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is probably the best OL in the league, so no they are not overrated. Even on longer plays Andy has loads of time other than the Seattle game. And so far they have shut down the Chiefs and Bills, some of the best DLs in the league.
Gio is doing his thing incredibly well. The issue here is Hill is being incredibly indecisive and hesitant, instead of just charging in like he should
Reply/Quote
The OL has done a great job this year, one of the best we've had in a while. The only issue has been Bodine's struggles, which is not a surprised. Remember last year when Gio would run up the middle and go nowhere? Now he's got the necessary space and proceeds to dice up the defense. Obviously Jeremy is not playing the way any of us expected. I attribute that to a sophomore slump, like what happened to Gio last year.

Another thing that is helping the OL look good is that Dalton isn't running out of a clean pocket like he used to. He's hanging back there and then climbing the pocket before throwing a bomb, although he did it in yesterday's game more than he normally has this year. In the past, Dalton would just run out of the pocket even though there was no pressure. He's trust and calmness has allowed the OL to also look better.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:15 PM)eoxyod Wrote: This is probably the best OL in the league, so no they are not overrated. Even on longer plays Andy has loads of time other than the Seattle game. And so far they have shut down the Chiefs and Bills, some of the best DLs in the league.
Gio is doing his thing incredibly well. The issue here is Hill is being incredibly indecisive and hesitant, instead of just charging in like he should

But then "patience in letting the lane develop" is often cited as a positive attribute for a runner to have as well.
(10-19-2015, 04:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The OL has done a great job this year, one of the best we've had in a while. The only issue has been Bodine's struggles, which is not a surprised. Remember last year when Gio would run up the middle and go nowhere? Now he's got the necessary space and proceeds to dice up the defense. Obviously Jeremy is not playing the way any of us expected. I attribute that to a sophomore slump, like what happened to Gio last year.

Another thing that is helping the OL look good is that Dalton isn't running out of a clean pocket like he used to. He's hanging back there and then climbing the pocket before throwing a bomb, although he did it in yesterday's game more than he normally has this year. In the past, Dalton would just run out of the pocket even though there was no pressure. He's trust and calmness has allowed the OL to also look better.

Big time on Dalton's pocket presence.  He seems to manipulate it so much better this year.  I dig it.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy's "quick release" has very little to do with his lack of sacks and/or pressures.  

He only gets rid of the ball about a half second faster than most other QBs and he is not avoiding sacks by getting rid of the ball a half second before he is hit.  For the most part he is not seeing much pressure at all.

Yup! you dont lead the league in Passes of 25 yards + behind an overrated line.
Reply/Quote
This truly our strength and probably second deepest position besides the WRs.

We have a great mix of youth and veterans. People forget we drafted 2 tackles this year that haven't played the position yet and we resigned Whit to one more year (Retirement Tour 2016).

Look at how many plays Dalton has a clean pocket. He is the second least sacked QB in the league and thats all thanks to our deep and talented O-Line!

Props to the Big Uglies in the trenches!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:18 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Different run blocking scheme and plays. Just like last year. They had a different blocking scheme (more FB and strong sets) rather than running out of the shotgun. They both excel at different things, but are both very good players.

Brad Fritz made this point and I think it's valid.  Gio can get a quicker start from the shotgun than Hill.  Hill needs a little more time to get up to speed.  I also think he's dancing more than last year - something Gio did last year.

Hopefully we find ways to solve this.  Once Hill gets into the secondary he is a beast... and Gio is grease lightening.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:42 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Not a poll cuz I'm too lazy.  Just for the sake of discussion do you feel like the online is overrated?  I think they may be just a bit.  Dalton gets rid of it so quickly but the pass looking is very good I would say.  The run blocking seems pretty average to me.

No not overrated at all.  And we have Fisher and Ogbuehi ready to step up after we probably lose Andre Smith next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:19 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I gotta disagree with that.  Hes very decisive and gets rid of the ball so quickly so consistently that I think it does him a disservice to downplay the assist he's giving the oline in that regard.  Not saying the pass pro isn't top notch, it certainly is, but Dalton def makes their job easier.

I agree that he is not guilty of holding on to the ball too long.  That can certainly lead to more sacks.  But again I don't see Dalton throwing the ball away very often to avoid a sack.
Reply/Quote