Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Trump speech matters: Kirsten Powers
(08-17-2016, 12:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooooooooo, Trump is NOT as insane and crazy and stupid as you and almost everyone else has tried to claim?

When I wrote "I'm sure Trump's lawyers would advise him against that", I was suggesting that his lawyers are smart enough to see textbook freedom of the press. I didn't suggest that Trump doesn't support restrictions on the press or that he doesn't actually believe this crap he peddles. Given the fact that my previous post stated that he was wrong in his claims against NYT, you shouldn't have logically jumped to that conclusion. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-17-2016, 12:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Pat said Trump was wrong about the article he referenced and also thinks his lawyers would advise him from doing something "crazy".

I don't think that equals Pat not thinking Trump is crazy.

So Trump is crazy, yet he would still listen to his lawyers? That's pretty much what Bmore was saying. Otherwise, why respond to my "can you imagine" question (that imagines Trump doing something crazy) if you think Trump is crazy?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-17-2016, 12:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So Trump is crazy, yet he would still listen to his lawyers? That's pretty much what Bmore was saying. Otherwise, why respond to my "can you imagine" question (that imagines Trump doing something crazy) if you think Trump is crazy?

I think Trump is a sociopath that does believe the system, the media, and everything else is against him, but I know he values money and I am sure he has lawyers who are good at their job. Now, I didn't suggest he would listen to them, but I am sure his lawyers would advise against clear cases of protected speech from the press. 

He might want to protect his ego and do it anyways or he might rationalize it as the legal system is rigged against him so he will lose even though he is right. Either way, this election has confirmed for me that Donald Trump is grossly ignorant when it comes to the fundamentals of our government and the Constitution. 

(08-17-2016, 12:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So Trump is crazy, yet he would still listen to his lawyers? That's pretty much what Bmore was saying. Otherwise, why respond to my "can you imagine" question (that imagines Trump doing something crazy) if you think Trump is crazy?

Are you in Rio?  The mental gymnastics must be exhausting! Big Grin
I'm not sure if Trump is insane and/or a sociopath....I DO believe he runs his campaign like he's advertising or promoting his product or brand (i.e. grandiose braggadocio, hyperbole, lies, exaggerations, etc). He thought that approach would work over the traditional campaigning model, and it did in the primaries.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-16-2016, 05:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She's at the point where she's polling double digits ahead of him in some national polls. He's resorting to just claiming everything (media, process, polls, and election) are or will be rigged so that he can claim he didn't truly lose. 

Actually, his latest speeches are not incoherent blabbering, he's laying out economic plans, tax plans, immigration plans and foreign policy. But you're not going to hear about those, because the leftist media doesn't want you to.

His immigration plan is very common sense and seeks to protect both women and gays, but I'm just waiting on the Left to start screaming "bigot", or "racist", cause they have got to keep the rhetoric going. his Youngstown speech was one of his best to date and he's setting the stage for the Debate.

Damn, Trumps plan for immigration sounds a lot like what I wanted all along.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/15/compare-candidates-clinton-vs-trump-immigration/
(08-17-2016, 04:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually, his latest speeches are not incoherent blabbering, he's laying out economic plans, tax plans, immigration plans and foreign policy. But you're not going to hear about those, because the leftist media doesn't want you to.

His immigration plan is very common sense and seeks to protect both women and gays, but I'm just waiting on the Left to start screaming "bigot", or "racist", cause they have got to keep the rhetoric going. his Youngstown speech was one of his best to date and he's setting the stage for the Debate.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/15/compare-candidates-clinton-vs-trump-immigration/

His tax plan has been discussed at length...because it is awful.

But in reality a couple scripted speeches don't change the off the cuff style he will slip back into so he can start blaming others (again) for his failing (again).
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
While this isn't the "media"....

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2016/0728/What-Donald-Trump-s-Reddit-AMA-tells-us-about-his-campaign?cmpid=kw&kwp_0=193960&kwp_4=761736&kwp_1=382990

Quote:What Donald Trump's Reddit AMA tells us about his campaign
[Image: sticky_nav_logo_65x45.png]
The 'Ask Me Anything' virtual event was heavily censored by moderators who said they'd 'built the wall 10 ft taller' to keep out 'troublemakers.' 
By Gretel Kauffman, Staff JULY 28, 2016
Save for later
  • [Image: 994729_1_0728-trump_standard.jpg?alias=standard_600x400]
    Evan Vucci/AP
Supporters and critics of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump alike flocked to Reddit on Wednesday evening for a virtual event that the Republican presidential nominee himself described as "SO huge": his AMA(Ask Me Anything). 

As per the usual structure of AMAs, Redditors were invited to ask Mr. Trump, well, anything. But the moderators of the The_Donald subreddit, which hosted the thread, took "extra security measures" to keep the "community free from troublemakers" by deleting questions perceived as probing or antagonistic, eliciting criticism from some non-Trump factions who say the heavily censored AMA is reflective of a greater pattern throughout Trump's campaign.

Journalists for The Daily Beast – who reportedly posted a question asking Trump why he wouldn't release his tax returns and noted that the question was deleted within 15 minutes – described the AMA as "a production so tightly controlled you'd think Trump was running for president of North Korea." 

Recommended: What do you know about Donald Trump?

As the night went on, Trump responded to a range of inquiries about NASA, the police, and why on-the-fence voters should support him instead of a third-party candidate. 

When asked by one Redditor how he would tackle a biased mass media without stepping on the First Amendment rights of average Americans, he responded, "I have been very concerned about media bias and the total dishonesty of the press. I think new media is a great way to get out the truth." 

But purposely absent from the thread was any criticism, however mild, of the Republican candidate: As one moderator for The_Donald subreddit put it, "We built the wall 10 ft taller." 

Throughout his campaign, Trump has faced criticism for attempting to silence his critics, from revoking the press credentials of various news organizations to having (sometimes silent) protesters removed from his rallies. 

The removal of demonstrators – particularly non-disruptive ones – from his rallies has elicited disapproval from those who say that a candidate who is so opposed to "political correctness" should be more concerned about squashing free speech. 

Recommended: What do you know about Donald Trump?

But others argue that, when addressing an audience in a private space, politicians have no obligation to allow dissenting views into the conversation. 

Presidential candidates such as Trump "need to have firm control of their message" when they are expressing their ideas to voters, writes Andrew King, an assistant prosecuting attorney from Ohio, for The New York Times. "The size of the protest or the message is of no matter. The candidate decides which ideas to share and how, and who is permitted into the audience." 

Given the AMA moderators' warning of "extra security measures" and the history of protesters removed from Trump rallies, it's possible that, like demonstrators who go into the rallies knowing they'll be ejected, some anti-Trump Redditors expected to have their comments deleted in the first place. 

"Dissent is part of the American tradition," Michael Leo Owens, an associate political science professor at Emory University, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "When a person goes to a rally with a sign to protest, they don’t expect the candidate to actually stand there and debate them right there on the floor. The idea is to disrupt, displease all in the name of political action and expression. The ejection is what brings the attention, and the ejection equals the triumph."
(08-17-2016, 04:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually, his latest speeches are not incoherent blabbering, he's laying out economic plans, tax plans, immigration plans and foreign policy. But you're not going to hear about those, because the leftist media doesn't want you to.

What does this have to do with him calling everything rigged as he falls further behind her?

(08-17-2016, 04:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: While this isn't the "media"....

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2016/0728/What-Donald-Trump-s-Reddit-AMA-tells-us-about-his-campaign?cmpid=kw&kwp_0=193960&kwp_4=761736&kwp_1=382990

I've talked before about that subreddit. They pre-emptively ban people they think will not fall in their line of thinking, silence any critics, and then call themselves a haven of free speech. Pretty ridiculous. Also, most of the questions asked on the AMA were pre-determined with planted people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-17-2016, 05:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've talked before about that subreddit. They pre-emptively ban people they think will not fall in their line of thinking, silence any critics, and then call themselves a haven of free speech. Pretty ridiculous. Also, most of the questions asked on the AMA were pre-determined with planted people.

I was actually thinking of your info when I read it.
(08-16-2016, 05:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She's at the point where she's polling double digits ahead of him in some national polls. He's resorting to just claiming everything (media, process, polls, and election) are or will be rigged so that he can claim he didn't truly lose. 

There's still plenty of fireworks left.  The two worst candidates to ever face off (no small feat, considering GWB ran against Al ***** Gore not long ago) are so amazingly similar and neither one knows how to shut the hell up and both incredibly over estimate their own abilities and both are just downright awful human beings.  The show might only be just starting.  She still has time to defeat herself.

On a side note, notice how the ugliness of both their souls is manifesting itself on both their faces.  These two are practically goblins.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-17-2016, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: There's still plenty of fireworks left.  The two worst candidates to ever face off (no small feat, considering GWB ran against Al ***** Gore not long ago) are so amazingly similar and neither one knows how to shut the hell up and both incredibly over estimate their own abilities and both are just downright awful human beings.  The show might only be just starting.  She still has time to defeat herself.

On a side note, notice how the ugliness of both their souls is manifesting itself on both their faces.  These two are practically goblins.

He's going to have to rebound soon. His electoral map looks dismal. 

(08-17-2016, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: On a side note, notice how the ugliness of both their souls is manifesting itself on both their faces.  These two are practically goblins.

[Image: 2016-07-22-1469148215-7692903-GaryJohnsonxlarge1.jpg]

People who say this obviously never watch any other news sources except Fox or Breitbart.  The substance of his plans have been debated extensively on CNN.

Amazing what the right wing echo chamber can make people like Mike M believe is true.
(08-18-2016, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: People who say this obviously never watch any other news sources except Fox or Breitbart.  The substance of his plans have been debated extensively on CNN.

Amazing what the right wing echo chamber can make people like Mike M believe is true.

And MSNBC covers Trump more than Clinton it seems.  My parents watch it so I only see it when I am there.

Trump WANTS the publicity and he's getting it...he just doesn't want anyone to ever say anything bad about him.