Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Simple Word...Joe
(11-02-2020, 09:07 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Name another qb in the AFC not named Mahomes you'd start your franchise around

That is not what you said. You said they said he was the best qb in the afc behind mahomes.

And how about Lamar Jackson or Watson.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:13 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: That is not what you said.  You said they said he was the best qb in the afc behind mahomes.

And how about Lamar Jackson or Watson.

I was reporting what they said. Think Lamar is a little bit figured out. They were probably talking about how he is playing right now. The qbr you referenced is grading all year. Yes, he's already surpassed Watson. I saw a stat around here that burrow is one of the tops in the NFL in points per drive. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 08:48 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Heard More Egger and Tony Pike stating on the radio today that Joe is the 2nd best QB in the AFC behind Mahomes. Hard to argue against that. And we're just getting started

Mo and Tony are on crack. Joe Burrow might well become a top quarterback in the AFC but he’s not there yet. Patrick Mahomes is better than Joe as they correctly assert but so are Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mo and Tony are on crack.  Joe Burrow might well become a top quarterback in the AFC but he’s not there yet.  Patrick Mahomes is better than Joe as they correctly assert but so are Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/pro-bowl-qb-nfl-network-analyst-heaps-high-praise-on-joe-burrow/

This guy says top 3 in AFC
Reply/Quote
I already posted that PFF graded Burrow the best QB in the AFC North.

Stats aside, there’s not a single QB I’d take in the AFC over Burrow besides Mahomes. Josh Allen has certainly come back down to earth after that hot start.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mo and Tony are on crack. Joe Burrow might well become a top quarterback in the AFC but he’s not there yet. Patrick Mahomes is better than Joe as they correctly assert but so are Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger.

Lamar is not playing better football than Burrow right now.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: How great does it feel to have a QB like Joe. No doubt in my mind he will be a top 3 QB sooner than later. He’s already breaking rookie records left and right. This guy just has a great football sense and is extremely smart in his decision making. Even though the team has only won 2 games so far it’s still exciting to watch Burrow every Sunday to see what he will do.

If anyone is going to change this team around it will be him and his leadership and playing.

The perfect personification of a QB. Just the way he carries himself as a rookie...

I have never seen it.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lamar is not playing better football than Burrow right now.

They're already making noise in Baltimore with the "what's wrong with Lamar" stuff.
Reply/Quote
Teams have Jackson figured out. He's an athletic QB that can't throw. Box him in and dare him to beat you in the air.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mo and Tony are on crack.  Joe Burrow might well become a top quarterback in the AFC but he’s not there yet.  Patrick Mahomes is better than Joe as they correctly assert but so are Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger.

They went through all of those guys and Burrow, by their accounts, is better and I agree.

They were also discussing who would you rather have over the next 10s years other than Mahomes and Burrow was the answer.

All things considered, I think Burrow is having the 2nd most impressive season of any QB behind Wilson.Maybe even the moat impreasive. You have to look at the circumstances, team, division, rookie factor,  etc. Burrow is wildly good 8 games in.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lamar is not playing better football than Burrow right now.

Not even close.

Yes he was playing the Stoolers, but Lamar looked awful yesterday.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I already posted that PFF graded Burrow the best QB in the AFC North.

Stats aside, there’s not a single QB I’d take in the AFC over Burrow besides Mahomes. Josh Allen has certainly come back down to earth after that hot start.

100% agree

If I were starting an expansion team right now and could have any active QB in the AFC I'd take Mahomes of course. But #2 would be JB without a 2nd thought.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not even close.

Yes he was playing the Stoolers, but Lamar looked awful yesterday.

He didn’t look very good against us either.

Reply/Quote