Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ooops. I messed up again.
So the wife says to me a few weeks ago that we really need to get out and do something different. We always go out to the same restaurants and go to the same places each weekend. She says, going to a concert or something would be nice. Well, that laid in my mind until, well, last night. I see the musical "School of Rock" will be in Indy. I'm thinking, I can get a hotel, enjoy a show with her, get laid and wear a halo for a short time. Well, when I bring up that I would like to do something for her and go out of town for a night, she starts saying that she really wouldn't prefer to do that because we would have to board the dogs and stuff. Total buzz kill. Then I thought, ok, lets go to an afternoon show, we'll be back in 6hrs, dogs will be fine. Plus, since we are not going to spend the night, maybe take our son who is autistic, but loves rock n roll and would probably enjoy it.

I go to ticketmaster and I'm thinking, ok, I want to buy some tickets. But then "Yikes," these tickets will cost $341.00? So I thought, you know what? Screw it (was drinking). Well, this morning she starts complaining about the credit card bill and how it got so high? Which, when I explained the dentist bill, vet bill, etc. She grunted but understood. But now I know this large purchase is going to make her mad when she finds out. So, after she put fear in me, went to ticketmaster and was going to get my money back. I mean, I bought insurance and stuff. Well, tickets are non refundable. Now I'm like "Really yikes."

I've been stewing over this all day. But I think I'm just going to have to keep it a surprise and not let it fear me and do my original plan. Of course she's going to ask what it cost, and I will not lie. But hopefully that show is awesome enough to ease the blowback. Definitely wont get laid tho. I already know this. LOL Man, she's gonna be mad!  Freakout

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You were just trying to do something nice for the old lady. I'm sure it'll be alright in the long run ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Similar thing happened a year or so ago when I bought my wife some P!nk tickets. She's been to one of her concerts and that all she talks about.

Well, the concert was 3 hours away on a Tuesday night, the wife would've had to work the next day, etc. So I gave her the option of selling them and picking a different show. I resold them for like $10 more than I paid, got good seats to another closer (cheaper) show from a different group and told her she could go out to dinner in the rest. When she found d out I resold them for nearly face value, she flipped out cause I could've made twice that.

Sheesh.
Reply/Quote
Wow, what a relief. After the dropped air conditioner incident, I was afraid that you were going to say that you got drunk and kicked over the kerosene heater, and burned down the man cave.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is PRECISELY why I feel I should no longer do anything nice for the lady.

Instead of doing something wrong and getting in trouble even though I was trying to do something nice, I'd rather knwo exactly why I am getting in trouble, for never doing anything nice!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Similar thing happened a year or so ago when I bought my wife some P!nk tickets. She's been to one of her concerts and that all she talks about.

Well, the concert was 3 hours away on a Tuesday night, the wife would've had to work the next day, etc. So I gave her the option of selling them and picking a different show. I resold them for like $10 more than I paid, got good seats to another closer (cheaper) show from a different group and told her she could go out to dinner in the rest. When she found d out I resold them for nearly face value, she flipped out cause I could've made twice that.

Sheesh.
Fortunately for me, this thing is close to sold out 2 weeks in advance. I could probably resell and make some dough. But I really wanted to do something with her out of the ordinary. She's too reserved and paranoid about stuff anymore. Which, I understand I guess, but just wanted to give her a good time. 
(01-20-2019, 06:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, what a relief.  After the dropped air conditioner incident, I was afraid that you were going to say that you got drunk and kicked over the kerosene heater, and burned down the man cave..   Ninja
LOL - I don't even own one of those. Although, not saying I couldn't accidentally cause a propane explosion out here? She would probably yell at me, but inside be happy this thing burned down. LOL I on the other hand would be devastated.  Sad 

Damnit! I just thought of something. Not only would I have to hear it from her if that happened, but Hank Hill would sound like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman on "Full Metal Jacket" if I accidentally did that? I can imagine it now:

Hank Hill: Did your parents have any children that lived?

HarleyDog: Sir, yes, sir.

Hank Hill: I bet they regret that. You're so ugly you could be a modern dumb ass! What's your name stupid?

HarleyDog: Sir, Harley Dog, sir.

Hank Hill: Harley? Harley what... Harley Quinn?

HarleyDog: Sir, no, sir. Harley Dog sir.

Hank Hill: That name sounds like poop with corn in it. Are you poop with corn in it?

HarleyDog: Sir, no, sir.

Hank Hill: Do you suck tennis balls?

Hank Hill: Bullshit. I bet you could suck a tennis ball through a garden hose.

Hank Hill: I don't like the name Harley, only Steelers and Browns fans are called Harley. From now on you're HarleyDog.

HarleyDog: Sir? That's already my name, Sir!

Hank Hill: Stop playing with fire HarleyDog.

HarleyDog: Sir, yes Sir!

Good Lord, I don't think I could take that?

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This is PRECISELY why I feel I should no longer do anything nice for the lady.

Instead of doing something wrong and getting in trouble even though I was trying to do something nice, I'd rather no exactly why I am getting in trouble, for never doing anything nice!

Good point.

Reply/Quote
If she get's fussy over it, just remind her that you are the man of the house and that you wear the pants. Guaranteed to soothe women.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If she get's fussy over it, just remind her that you are the man of the house and that you wear the pants. Guaranteed to soothe women.

Will she make me a sammich?  Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fortunately for me, this thing is close to sold out 2 weeks in advance. I could probably resell and make some dough. But I really wanted to do something with her out of the ordinary. She's too reserved and paranoid about stuff anymore. Which, I understand I guess, but just wanted to give her a good time. 
LOL - I don't even own one of those. Although, not saying I couldn't accidentally cause a propane explosion out here? She would probably yell at me, but inside be happy this thing burned down. LOL I on the other hand would be devastated.  Sad 

Damnit! I just thought of something. Not only would I have to hear it from her if that happened, but Hank Hill would sound like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman on "Full Metal Jacket" if I accidentally did that? I can imagine it now:

Hank Hill: Did your parents have any children that lived?

HarleyDog: Sir, yes, sir.

Hank Hill: I bet they regret that. You're so ugly you could be a modern dumb ass! What's your name stupid?

HarleyDog: Sir, Harley Dog, sir.

Hank Hill: Harley? Harley what... Harley Quinn?

HarleyDog: Sir, no, sir. Harley Dog sir.

Hank Hill: That name sounds like poop with corn in it. Are you poop with corn in it?

Hank Hill: Do you suck tennis balls?

Hank Hill: Bullshit. I bet you could suck a tennis ball through a garden hose.

Hank Hill: I don't like the name Harley, only Steelers and Browns fans are called Harley. From now on you're HarleyDog.

HarleyDog: Sir? That's already my name, Sir!

Hank Hill: Stop playing with fire HarleyDog.

HarleyDog: Sir, yes Sir!

Good Lord, I don't think I could take that?

LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else read the thread title and have their brain instantly have Britney Spears sign it to you?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Did anyone else read the thread title and have their brain instantly have Britney Spears sign it to you?

LOL Thats hilarious. I started the thread title :Ooops I did it again." Then I heard that damn song in my head. So I changed it. 

Reply/Quote
Quick! time to tell her your account got hacked by some nerdy kids to buy concert tickets! Don't let law enforcement get involved. That can only lead to an investigation, mayhem and...well...you know..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If she get's fussy over it, just remind her that you are the man of the house and that you wear the pants. Guaranteed to soothe women.

Don't forget to ask her why she's getting so emotional.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This is PRECISELY why I feel I should no longer do anything nice for the lady.

Instead of doing something wrong and getting in trouble even though I was trying to do something nice, I'd rather knwo exactly why I am getting in trouble, for never doing anything nice!

Good luck with that buddy!!  LMAO  We are all damned if we do and damned if we don't.....  It's been awhile since I've done anything right it seems.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will she make me a sammich?  Cool

Only if you call her ***** and slap her....... J/K folks!!!
Reply/Quote
Do you think she’s pregnant?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 08:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Do you think she’s pregnant?

She better not be. This dog was clipped 23 yrs ago. Not neutered, just clipped. LOL

Reply/Quote
You turned it into a day trip. That’s where you messed up. You ain’t getting any.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You turned it into a day trip. That’s where you messed up. You ain’t getting any.

I had no choice due to the dogs.

Reply/Quote