Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Coaching Positions
(01-18-2016, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I kinda like Lazor.   Will add some scheme diversity exp. to the staff.

So we basically traded VJ and Burke for Coyle and Lazor.

Haha, totally. On balance I think we got the upgrade.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said I hope he'd be better as a coach than he was as a player in Cincy.

People often forget that Simmons played for the Bengals in 1998. He only had 5 sacks. His career was winding down though.

My bad. 

I am one of the people who forgot he was a Bengal.  Hell, 5 sacks probably led the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:10 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Haha, totally. On balance I think we got the upgrade.

Well he had problems working with tannehill and was not into letting tanehill audible and stuff. He has to know that won't fly here with Andy. He runs the show.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that they went with older more experienced coaches for the defense. The experience part is great and I'm sure the are hoping the older coaches will be able to help keep those personalities under better control while on the field....using all that enegy for good not for personal foul penalties.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Bill Lazor's been hired as QB Coach.  http://www.thephinsider.com/2016/1/18/10787352/bengals-hire-bill-lazor-kevin-coyle

Jacob Burney will be DL coach.

Lazor, Coyle and Haslett all have coordinator experience. Not exactly great candidates for future openings, but it does give the Bengals options.

It's worth noting that Lazor was the QB coach for Nick Foles when he had that fluke season with 27 TDs to 2 picks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well he had problems working with tannehill and was not into letting tanehill audible and stuff.   He has to know that won't fly here with Andy.    He runs the show.

The talent we have is far superior to what Coyle and Lazor had in Miami. I don't see a problem. Anyway, Zampese will pull the strings.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lazor, Coyle and Haslett all have coordinator experience. Not exactly great candidates for future openings, but it does give the Bengals options.

It's worth noting that Lazor was the QB coach for Nick Foles when he had that fluke season with 27 TDs to 2 picks.

Tannehill had his best season with him too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Jacob Burney will be DL coach.

You wanna talk about lateral moves, this is his 6th different team he's been a DL coach, the only position he's coached since he came into the league in '94, only once switching his title,

to DE coach for the same team and then back to DL.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: You wanna talk about lateral moves, this is his 6th different team he's been a DL coach, the only position he's coached since he came into the league in '94, only once switching his title,

That doesn't sound good. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:32 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That doesn't sound good. 

Maybe it just means he likes what he does and is good at it.  His reume seems to say he is very good at it.  Especially against the run.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: You wanna talk about lateral moves, this is his 6th different team he's been a DL coach, the only position he's coached since he came into the league in '94, only once switching his title,

a lot of guys are like that.... Unless you go from asst special teams it's typical to stay in one position. Even moreso on the lines. Because you don't deal with the passing game or coverage.
Reply/Quote
That DL coach hire is depressing as all hell
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That DL coach hire is depressing as all hell

Why?  From what I read, his lines have always been good.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That DL coach hire is depressing as all hell

He was fired by the Redskins last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:40 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He was fired by the Redskins last year.

They made a change to fit their new scheme.   They just got a new DC last year and are adjusting their staff as contracts run out.   They basically wiped the defensive staff.     This is very common.

And if Jay didn't give him a recommendation, marvin and Pauly wouldn't hire him.
Reply/Quote
The dline coach hire is blah. With Atkins and Dunlap it may not matter who coaches the line now. More concerned about the Washington feel of our defensive front 7. Those Washington Haslett defenses were some of the worst.

We got Coyle back and avoided Lewis. That was big.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:39 PM)McC Wrote: Why?  From what I read, his lines have always been good.

I just wanted some youth back on this team. We went from great young up and coming coaches to older established guys with little to no upside outside of Lazor. 
Reply/Quote
Looks to me like they are setting up Haslett as the next DC if Guenther leaves in the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I just wanted some youth back on this team. We went from great young up and coming coaches to older established guys with little to no upside outside of Lazor. 

Thing about the up and comers is that they end up going.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: Thing about the up and comers is that they end up going.

And you usually end up better for it anyways....now if we would actually grow a pair and offer one of them a promotion....
Reply/Quote