Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
https://www.yahoo.com/news/berkeley-braces-protests-milo-yiannopoulos-talk-222135603.html

Quote:Protesters hurled smoke bombs, broke windows and started a bonfire prompting University of California at Berkeley officials to cancel a talk Wednesday by a polarizing editor of Breitbart News out of safety concerns.

Dude was there to speak
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-02-2017, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/berkeley-braces-protests-milo-yiannopoulos-talk-222135603.html

Dude was there to speak

(01-28-2017, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He sure does suck
They sure are terrible
Homophobic!!!!!!!! (Foams at mouth)
The left has no tolerance for alternate opinions. There is no free speech with them. Donald Trump will do the right thing to cut Berkley off of all federal funding like he's threatening to. I hope he takes it further and pulls a Reagan. I'd love to see how tough those violent, destructive protesters are when they are getting shot with tear gas and bean bags, and hauled off to jail. That should happen at every one of their protests that turn violent and destructive, which sadly for them would be all of them. This kind of violence comes from the tolerant, open-minded liberals almost 100% of the time. Its very bad for their cause too (see TRUMP). All they will be left with is a bunch of foaming at the mouth thugs and non-english speakers at some point. They are losing their more responsible, decent and legal people in record numbers.
(02-02-2017, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/berkeley-braces-protests-milo-yiannopoulos-talk-222135603.html

Dude was there to speak

That's awful and I personally think they should be punished as individual citizens rather than the entire institution.

However the title of the thread reminds of an exchange I had with a friend on Facebook this week.

She said:

Quote:So tired of Politics!!!!!..Trump is our President....Get over it. I didn't see this much crap happening when we had a Muslim for a president! What is wrong with people??

My response:

Quote:Well see it's things like people saying "we had a Muslim for President" that make me think things were so quiet then either.

Since he wasn't a Muslim and all that. [Image: 1f642.png]

We can attack the actions of people without making it seem (through labels) that it makes them so much worse than the the side.

And I have been guilty of sharing the worst of the worst too...no doubt.

But that above exchange continues with her denying there were any protests of Obama or that if there were people burning him in effigy, or demanding his birth certificate for eight years (even after it was released), or still thinking he was a Muslim.  And even when offered video proof it still "wasn't as bad as now and people need to get over it."

I left her with this:

Quote:Oh I didn't think I'd change anyone's mind. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't all smiles and hugs from 2008-2016.

The right determined to make Obama a one term president.

An entire network of radio and television devoted itself to hoping he failed AND saying he wasn't a Christian or wasn't born in the US.

Eight years of it.

Does that make what the folks on the left are doing now right? No way.

But it also doesn't mean it wasn't just as bad...it's just that now the right doesn't want to hear anything about THEIR guy.

Much like during the GW Bush administration we were told that anyone talking badly about the president was committing treason because we were at war...and how in 2008 that no longer mattered.

Pick a side, any side, and every time the reins of power change hands they flip what the want, how they act and how the remember treating the other guy.

That's all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-02-2017, 09:36 AM)djam Wrote: The left has no tolerance for alternate opinions. There is no free speech with them. Donald Trump will do the right thing to cut Berkley off of all federal funding like he's threatening to. I hope he takes it further and pulls a Reagan. I'd love to see how tough those violent, destructive protesters are when they are getting shot with tear gas and bean bags, and hauled off to jail. That should happen at every one of their protests that turn violent and destructive, which sadly for them would be all of them. This kind of violence comes from the tolerant, open-minded liberals almost 100% of the time. Its very bad for their cause too (see TRUMP). All they will be left with is a bunch of foaming at the mouth thugs and non-english speakers at some point. They are losing their more responsible, decent and legal people in record numbers.

But enough about the Trump Cabinet.   Ninja
(02-02-2017, 09:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: But enough about the Trump Cabinet.   Ninja

LOL yeah, except that no one even related to Trump is threatening violence and destroying peoples property, and purposely hurting people. Thats what your folks do, and then point fingers at everyone else for it lol. Trump is a result of this stuff....and I expect he'll get his 8 years for sure if it continues. So by all means.....please continue to hurt your credibility and numbers of voters. Democrats have been losing in record numbers. Keep on inciting violence and paying protesters I'm all for it :)
Group, Label, & De-legitimize. That's all you guys do so you don't have to actually listen to what one another has to say.

Edit: Also, this seems to be more of a problem with protesting in general than it does with this cause specifically. All it takes is a small group of agitators to turn a protest into a riot. If anyone wants to talk about the psychology of large crowds, that'd be an interesting conversation.
(02-02-2017, 09:59 AM)djam Wrote: LOL yeah, except that no one even related to Trump is threatening violence and destroying peoples property, and purposely hurting people. Thats what your folks do, and then point fingers at everyone else for it lol. Trump is a result of this stuff....and I expect he'll get his 8 years for sure if it continues. So by all means.....please continue to hurt your credibility and numbers of voters. Democrats have been losing in record numbers. Keep on inciting violence and paying protesters I'm all for it :)

Mellow

Ninja =sarcasm/joke

ThumbsUp
(02-02-2017, 10:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Ninja =sarcasm/joke

ThumbsUp

I know which is why I LOL'd. Seriously tho, what happened to these people? What happened to democrats? Why all the violence and intolerance? 
(02-02-2017, 10:04 AM)treee Wrote: Group, Label, & De-legitimize. That's all you guys do so you don't have to actually listen to what one another has to say.

Edit: Also, this seems to be more of a problem with protesting in general than it does with this cause specifically. All it takes is a small group of agitators to turn a protest into a riot. If anyone wants to talk about the psychology of large crowds, that'd be an interesting conversation.

Isn't that exactly what they were doing?  Making it so they don't have to actually listen to what one another have to say?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Quote:So tired of Politics!!!!!..Trump is our President....Get over it. I didn't see this much crap happening when we had a Muslim for a president! What is wrong with people??

OK that's kind of funny.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-02-2017, 10:08 AM)djam Wrote: I know which is why I LOL'd. Seriously tho, what happened to these people? What happened to democrats? Why all the violence and intolerance? 

Where I work we have a section where every new employee is trained by the most senior employee.

I've been here 18 years and the guy who does the training now has been here 10.  He was trained by a guy who was hired the same time as me.  That guy was trained by someone who was trained by someone who was trained by someone and the only one still here is the the youngest guy.  And he is very good at his job, but each generation of new employee learns it a little differently.  The older guys were better.  It loses something in the translation.

Protesters who turn violent and destructive (IMHO) are so far removed from when protests were peaceful and constructive they have lost the understanding of what to do...plus we also have people who are willing to use the cover of a protest to be violent.  Throw in that society is probably more violent now and that's a recipe for disaster.  
this will give him something else to hate and give him a break from hating on himself
People suck
open minded liberals or... Overzealous conservatives?

eh?
(02-02-2017, 11:02 AM)Benton Wrote: open minded liberals or... Overzealous conservatives?

eh?

more than likely these were paid protestors by project veritas, to continue the narrative that anyone who doesnt like trump is violent etc.
People suck
Far more rational ways to protest such a disgusting person being invited to speak at a campus that is suppose to be known for inclusion.

I certainly agree with them trying to prevent someone who preaches such hate, but matching hate with hate is wrong.

Quote:Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction ... The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation

Hopefully there were peaceful protests, but I have only seen the news for the violent rioting behavior. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-02-2017, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Far more rational ways to protest such a disgusting person being invited to speak at a campus that is suppose to be known for inclusion.

I certainly agree with them trying to prevent someone who preaches such hate, but matching hate with hate is wrong.

Hopefully there were peaceful protests, but I have only seen the news for the violent rioting behavior. 

If it bleeds it leads.
They sure are "open minded".