Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(02-02-2017, 09:59 AM)djam Wrote: LOL yeah, except that no one even related to Trump is threatening violence and destroying peoples property, and purposely hurting people.

We hashed this out in another thread, violent actions by anyone are horrible and I abhor all violence. But this statement is ignoring the facts that there were threats of violence by Trump supporters prior to the election if he lost. They aren't threatening it now, but they were a few months ago.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-02-2017, 09:59 AM)djam Wrote: LOL yeah, except that no one even related to Trump is threatening violence and destroying peoples property, and purposely hurting people.  

But Ivanka did Instagram a pic of her and her husband all dressed up in expensive clothes on the day Trump signed the EO.  That's way worse than rioting.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
again, this is probably republicans being violent

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/counter-sting-catches-james-okeefe-network-attempting-to-sow-chaos-at-trumps-inauguration_us_5873e26fe4b043ad97e516f7
People suck
(02-02-2017, 01:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But Ivanka did Instagram a pic of her and her husband all dressed up in expensive clothes on the day Trump signed the EO.  That's way worse than rioting.

I have more of a problem with the two sons being there....since they are suppose to be running the company with no interference from dear old dad. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-02-2017, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have more of a problem with the two sons being there....since they are suppose to be running the company with no interference from dear old dad. Mellow

I agree that he should have zero to do with any of his companies.  Maybe occasional updates on how things are going, but absolutely no input, from him about the company, or from his sons about government dealings.  I really don't want his sons giving governemnt advice either way.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-02-2017, 01:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I agree that he should have zero to do with any of his companies.  Maybe occasional updates on how things are going, but absolutely no input, from him about the company, or from his sons about government dealings.  I really don't want his sons giving governemnt advice either way.  

he shouldnt even have that

they arent his (well shouldnt be at least) anymore
People suck
(02-02-2017, 01:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We hashed this out in another thread, violent actions by anyone are horrible and I abhor all violence. But this statement is ignoring the facts that there were threats of violence by Trump supporters prior to the election if he lost. They aren't threatening it now, but they were a few months ago.

Not sure if it were hashed out. I think we were able to find 1 Trump supporter that was running his mouth; however, there were no acts of violence committed in a forum that was counter to their beliefs. Trying to compare words to actions is mitigating the actions. For instance I don't think Madonna ever truly thought of blowing up the White House nor does any rational person; similarly most rational people understand that a few Trump supporters were just talking out their ass.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-02-2017, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure if it were hashed out. I think we were able to find 1 Trump supporter that was running his mouth; however, there were no acts of violence committed in a forum that was counter to their beliefs. Trying to compare words to actions is mitigating the actions. For instance I don't think Madonna ever truly thought of blowing up the White House nor does any rational person; similarly most rational people understand that a few Trump supporters were just talking out their ass.

They sure do talk out their ass. 
(02-02-2017, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure if it were hashed out. I think we were able to find 1 Trump supporter that was running his mouth; however, there were no acts of violence committed in a forum that was counter to their beliefs. Trying to compare words to actions is mitigating the actions. For instance I don't think Madonna ever truly thought of blowing up the White House nor does any rational person; similarly most rational people understand that a few Trump supporters were just talking out their ass.

There were plenty more, I just posted the one link because there were no more than that needed. However searching for it pulled up quite a few examples.

But, the point of my post was that he said you don't see any Trump supporters threatening violence, yet we did. Whether they would have carried it out or not is irrelevant to his commentary. Even the one individual link runs counter to his statement.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-02-2017, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But, the point of my post was that he said you don't see any Trump supporters threatening violence, yet we did. Whether they would have carried it out or not is irrelevant to his commentary. Even the one individual link runs counter to his statement.

Because the logic is the alt right guy is not representative of Trump supporters, so he is not a true Trump supporter. The anarchistic leftist, however, is your run of the mill Hillary supporter and represents them all.

Like how one Christian committing crimes is not representative of all, but one Muslim committing a crime represents all Muslims. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-02-2017, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There were plenty more, I just posted the one link because there were no more than that needed. However searching for it pulled up quite a few examples.

But, the point of my post was that he said you don't see any Trump supporters threatening violence, yet we did. Whether they would have carried it out or not is irrelevant to his commentary. Even the one individual link runs counter to his statement.

Actually he said .....and destroying peoples property, and purposely hurting people. You just felt like stopping halfway through the quote.

(02-02-2017, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because the logic is the alt right guy is not representative of Trump supporters, so he is not a true Trump supporter. The anarchistic leftist, however, is your run of the mill Hillary supporter and represents them all.

Like how one Christian committing crimes is not representative of all, but one Muslim committing a crime represents all Muslims. 

Actually the logic is that deeds are more damaging that folks popping off at the mouth. i even provided an example of someone popping off about blowing up the White House, that should be dismissed as nothing more than someone running their mouth.

It's a little harder to dismiss actions.

(02-02-2017, 01:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the logic is that deeds are more damaging that folks popping off at the mouth. i even provided an example of someone popping off about blowing up the White House, that should be dismissed as nothing more than someone running their mouth.

It's a little harder to dismiss actions.

I just read that no one connected to Trump is damaging people's property or threatening violence. No Snark intended, I should have responded to Matt's response to that specific comment, not his following response to you, to avoid confusion. That's my bad. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

So am i supposed to feel sorry for this poor guy for not being able to spread his poisoness message?
(02-02-2017, 01:25 PM)Griever Wrote: again, this is probably republicans being violent

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/counter-sting-catches-james-okeefe-network-attempting-to-sow-chaos-at-trumps-inauguration_us_5873e26fe4b043ad97e516f7

I get that O'Keefe probably tried to set them up in something he suspects they already do and he got caught, and I'm not saying I agree with that, but I'll tell you what. I dont think any other news source has had to make more apologies and corrections than Huffpo. Maaaaybe CNN, but  doubt it. It's hard for me to even click their links anymore, and I used to follow them in their early days. Arianna Huffington is nothing more than a political operative herself, just like O'Keefe. But despite that, he has some very juicy videos and many people have gotten fired over them because they were indeed busted breaking the law, despite who made the videos and what tactics they used to get the truth out. Just like the Wikileaks guy and Russians. I dont really give a crap who hacked it, its the lawless corruption the emails exposed that worries me the most. Thats the part we should be more worried about. 
(02-02-2017, 05:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So am i supposed to feel sorry for this poor guy for not being able to spread his poisoness message?

i guess

dude is pretending to be, while hating on gays to get support from the crazies on the right
People suck
(02-02-2017, 05:35 PM)djam Wrote: I get that O'Keefe probably tried to set them up in something he suspects they already do and he got caught, and I'm not saying I agree with that, but I'll tell you what. I dont think any other news source has had to make more apologies and corrections than Huffpo. Maaaaybe CNN, but  doubt it. It's hard for me to even click their links anymore, and I used to follow them in their early days. Arianna Huffington is nothing more than a political operative herself, just like O'Keefe. But despite that, he has some very juicy videos and many people have gotten fired over them because they were indeed busted breaking the law, despite who made the videos and what tactics they used to get the truth out. Just like the Wikileaks guy and Russians. I dont really give a crap who hacked it, its the lawless corruption the emails exposed that worries me the most. Thats the part we should be more worried about. 

other than the various lies that he fabricates, hes on the up and up.... Ninja
People suck
(02-02-2017, 05:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So am i supposed to feel sorry for this poor guy for not being able to spread his poisoness message?

No of course not. But maybe feel sorry for the folks who got hurt or their property destroyed. 

That guy Milo doesn't need your sympathy --and I personally think he's a cheeseball. They're playing right into him and his message though. You say his message is poison, but a lot of what he says is proven by what is happening at Berkley and he's doing all of this just to troll and fish the left, and its working. This is playing right into his narrative about the close-minded, racist, violent left. He's winning this battle right now big time and has been the entire time. It' suprising that even after Trump won over 2600 counties across America compared to Hillary's less than 500, that y'all dont see that this kind of stuff is a big reason why the left is losing. 

No it's cool to get violent shut down people who say things you don't like.

NPR was reporting on this today. The claim is that most of the demonstrators were non-students and that it was a small group of about 150 who called themselves the "Black Hats" (or something like that because they wear black stuff) that were responsible for the property damage.

The Republican students group at Berkley invited Milo to speak and the university agreed in recognition of free speech. Some students planned a small protest, but outside groups decided to join in. I'm told that the university apologized to Milo.

BTW - Milo really digs when people react this way. That's part of his shtick. This is huge publicity for him.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]