Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Game-8.5 point favorites
We open up as the largest favorites of opening week with an 8.5-point spread.

Of course, this is subject to change as the off-season moves along.

I don't think I like being that favored, not the way they have started every season but then again they have to improve their September record sooner rather than later

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 01:11 PM)pally Wrote: We open up as the largest favorites of opening week with an 8.5-point spread.

I don't think I like being that favored, not the way they have started every season but then again they have to improve their September record sooner rather than later

The bengals are also 9.5 pt favorites against Washington and Carolina. Anything less than 3-1 would be a fail
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine what it would be like to finally not have to climb out of an 0-2 hole to start the season?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 01:19 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals are also 9.5 pt favorites against Washington and Carolina.  Anything less than 3-1 would be a fail

This. If we lose to Bryce Young and cia... can't afford to lose these games. We're going to play against three rookies this year (Bo Nix-Broncos, Jayden Daniel-Commanders and Drake Maye-Pats).
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 02:23 PM)Bengalion Wrote: This. If we lose to Bryce Young and cia... can't afford to lose these games. We're going to play against three rookies this year (Bo Nix-Broncos, Jayden Daniel-Commanders and Drake Maye-Pats).

Maye is a maybe, could be Brisett
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 02:23 PM)Bengalion Wrote: This. If we lose to Bryce Young and cia... can't afford to lose these games. We're going to play against three rookies this year (Bo Nix-Broncos, Jayden Daniel-Commanders and Drake Maye-Pats).

Are you suggesting the Bengals can actually beat rookie QB's? I thought Johnny Football washed out of the league..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
As a betting man, I will almost take any underdog in the NFL that gets more than 6 or 7 points.
Reply/Quote
Week one is always unpredictable. Add to that, the Bengals have historically been slow starters, I would easily take the under on this.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 04:58 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Week one is always unpredictable.  Add to that, the Bengals have historically been slow starters, I would easily take the under on this.

Marvin Lewis teams almost always started fast.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 06:39 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Marvin Lewis teams almost always started fast.  

But faded in the playoffs...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 07:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But faded in the playoffs...

For sure, would be nice just to not dig that early hole though. Under Taylor our team is hard to beat late in the year which is a sign
of good coaching, but he needs to have this team playing like this week 1 this year. A team like the Patriots with a new HC, maybe a
new QB and being a big underdog makes you think of those dreaded 2 words that I will not say lol
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, would be nice just to not dig that early hole though. Under Taylor our team is hard to beat late in the year which is a sign
of good coaching, but he needs to have this team playing like this week 1 this year. A team like the Patriots with a new HC, maybe a
new QB and being a big underdog makes you think of those dreaded 2 words that I will not say lol

Personally, I think we won't come out slow again because of our roster strength.

I think Burrow will be the leader that has the rest of the team ready to come out firing because of, for one, the improved line will allow Burrow to feast. 

Especially since the Patriots are coming to town week 1 because a victory over a historic franchise like New England will get the team excited and then Burrow and Chase will have the team on an emotional high going into Kansas City and then getting a victory in KC will just have the team excited to play the rest of the season.

I think we'll be ready for every game and come out hot.

It's a new era in Cinci!
Reply/Quote
We have a lot of margin for error early on. I think even Browning could lead us to a 3-1 start this year. Without much trouble either.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 01:11 PM)pally Wrote: We open up as the largest favorites of opening week with an 8.5-point spread.

I'm going to guarantee a win for the Bengals by betting for NE.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 04:31 PM)tms Wrote: We have a lot of margin for error early on. I think even Browning could lead us to a 3-1 start this year. Without much trouble either.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
Early indication of what this offense is capable of.

League better watch out. If Burrow gets upgraded weapons in three areas? If it ends up like I think. Best TE he has had, best #3 WR, and a more efficient run game... man
Reply/Quote
We need to win these types of games at home comfortably.

Let's hope for an injury free preseason and our OL and Joey B. get a few snaps for a change.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 01:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Can you imagine what it would be like to finally not have to climb out of an 0-2 hole to start the season?

Not at the moment. No.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 04:55 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: As a betting man, I will almost take any underdog in the NFL that gets more than 6 or 7 points.

Yeah that spread is pretty ridiculous. I doubt it's that high in early September. The Patriots were pretty bad last year but who the hell knows what kind of shape we'll be in by the time week 1 rolls around. The Steelers were a pretty sorry team 2 years ago, and we managed to lose that one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote