Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening day let's not run at Khalil Mack, k?
I mean, I'm all for the element of surprise, but that dude looked as good as advertised tonight. Like pro-bowl good (assuming he isn't injured during the course of the year).  

In fact, I think our first game might be one where we're going to have to get it done through the air. I'm not saying give up on the run, but 60 yards on 20 carries from Hill may actually constitute a good night from the ground attack.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's very good.
Would be smart to often chip him.

I'm of the belief if you have an RB like Hill, run at a guy like Mack. Run the trey block. Wear him down. Get those legs tired.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's very good.

I'm of the belief if you have an RB like Hill, run at a guy like Mack. Run the trey block. Wear him down. Get those legs tired.

That's why I'd like a guy like Watson to make the roster. Split the reps three ways, but saving alot of Jeremy's reps for the mid-third and fourth quarters. Watson runs very hard. Let him and Hill combine to grind Mack down early in the first and third quarters. Late in the second and fourth, give Gio some runs off the edges. Let him exploit those tired legs.

Speaking of Gio, I hope Hue is saving the looks he wants to give for him for the regular season. Gio has looked bad, but not due to lack of talent. I think he'll look a whole lot better once we get to Oakland. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
He's an animal, stay away.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:42 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He's an animal, stay away.

Agreed
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The Raiders are not going to be a pushover. Mack and company gave Carson Palmer a lot of trouble. 2 interceptions. 3 sacks. They have a very good pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:48 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Raiders are not going to be a pushover. Mack and company gave Carson Palmer a lot of trouble.  2 interceptions.  3 sacks.  They have a very good pass rush.

I was hoping to watch the preseason game between the Cards and Raiders last night but missed it.  I think the Raiders weakness is their secondary, and I would like to see the Bengals spread them out and attack them.

Mack is a very instinctual player and a great talent.  They need to make sure they know where he is lined up before each snap.

I just hope the Bengals attack them and don't go in to the conservative shell and let the Raiders hang around.  They will be fired up for the game, so take their energy away quickly.
Reply/Quote
agree he looked solid last night as did Amari Cooper.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals tackles are not on the same level as ours. He is very good, but he is not at the level where we scrap the key to our whole offense (Run and run often). If we don't run enough we allow him to pin his ear back and all out rush......that is bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: The Cardinals tackles are not on the same level as ours. He is very good, but he is not at the level where we scrap the key to our whole offense (Run and run often). If we don't run enough we allow him to pin his ear back and all out rush......that is bad.
No, I don't think we should back off our running game, but this team seems to come in unprepared sometimes.  If they are expecting the Raiders of last year and don't prepare, they will lose.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:42 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He's an animal, stay away.

(08-31-2015, 04:28 AM)magikod Wrote: Agreed

Except he can still run down plays backside. 
Same way DeMarcus Ware used to be. 
Gotta try and wear him down. Have Andre, Zeitler and Eifert lean on him. Let Hewitt get some shots in. 
Reply/Quote
I have faith in the running game enough to keep blasting Hill at Mack when need be. Let Hewitt put a helmet on Mack all day.

Mack is looking like one heck of a linebacker, but not so good that I would run the team's best offensive weapon away from him, or limit Hill's carries.

Run at Mack and wear him down. It will pay off late in the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:27 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I mean, I'm all for the element of surprise, but that dude looked as good as advertised tonight. Like pro-bowl good (assuming he isn't injured during the course of the year).  

In fact, I think our first game might be one where we're going to have to get it done through the air. I'm not saying give up on the run, but 60 yards on 20 carries from Hill may actually constitute a good night from the ground attack.

hewitt will be busy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 08:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was hoping to watch the preseason game between the Cards and Raiders last night but missed it.  I think the Raiders weakness is their secondary, and I would like to see the Bengals spread them out and attack them.

Mack is a very instinctual player and a great talent.  They need to make sure they know where he is lined up before each snap.

I just hope the Bengals attack them and don't go in to the conservative shell and let the Raiders hang around.  They will be fired up for the game, so take their energy away quickly.

I agree, the Raiders weakness is at CB. The key will be our OL winning the trenches, if they do we will have a good offensive result.

Our defense also needs to make the Raiders make mistakes as Carr is a good QB, but he also has a lot of "WTF" moments. It should be a very good and tight game.

The Raiders made Palmer look very bad last night because the Raiders DL dominated the Cards OL. He threw 2 picks and had a horrible game playing against the Raiders #1 defense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They will run at him, because Bratkowski lives on (in Marvin). There is a difference between calling plays, and calling plays you are given (sorry Hue)!
Reply/Quote
I'm glad this thread was started because I watched the Raiders starters as well last night.

There defense is good. Strong corner play with a ferocious line. I think we will have to play our run game heavily and have a smart game plan to move the ball against them. As you said though, avoid Kalil Mack! Guy is scary good. After week 1 I may end up rooting for the raiders this year, their team is new and interesting, and I've always like Del Rio

Their offesne I'm not as worried about. Carr overthrew some passes and other than the new rookie WR, they dont have much talent at the skill positions. Still, I've seen our D come out flat too many times to not have a little nervousness.

It will be a defensive game, so people will complain when we only beat the raiders by 6 or 10, but I think the raiders are a LOT better than they have been the last few years. Not a cakewalk.
Reply/Quote
Mack looks like the real deal. But he's a big rusher. Dre usually struggles with the smaller rushers. Big Whit, I'm not really worried about. Overall though, we are going to have to come ready to play.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mack looks like the real deal. But he's a big rusher. Dre usually struggles with the smaller rushers. Big Whit, I'm not really worried about. Overall though, we are going to have to come ready to play.

6'3 250 isn't tremendously big, but he can beat you in multiple ways.

One of the most rounded defensive players in the game by far.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather run right at him then watch him chase plays down from the backside all night. I don't think he's going to give our offense that much trouble. The Cards offense is pretty lackluster. Their running game sucks, so that takes a big element out of defending them.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's very good.

This.  And if you run away from him he'll track you down and nail you.
Reply/Quote