Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon man smashes Buddhist monk’s head into a car while screaming about Muslims
Why do white people hate America?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-11-2016, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes...because fighting over imaginary men in the sky is so important we should let the one world we have burn down around us.

This is like arguing over who gets the last piece of pizza while the house is on fire.

The "real threat" is stupid people.

We aren't fighting over  imaginary men in the sky.  The US isn't fighting a religious war.  And can we compare the death toll of terrorism vs global warming?  On eis computer models that haven't predicted anything correctly, and the other consists of corpses.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-11-2016, 12:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We aren't fighting over  imaginary men in the sky.  The US isn't fighting a religious war.  And can we compare the death toll of terrorism vs global warming?  On eis computer models that haven't predicted anything correctly, and the other consists of corpses.

The people we are fighting are using religion as the basis to drum up supporters.  We are fighting their religion.  Whether we are doing it to defend another religion or not it is a religious war.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-11-2016, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: The people we are fighting are using religion as the basis to drum up supporters.  We are fighting their religion.  Whether we are doing it to defend another religion or not it is a religious war.

But we aren't fighting over imaginary men in the sky (odd phrase for a non-atheist).  We are talking about us fighting terrorism.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-11-2016, 12:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But we aren't fighting over imaginary men in the sky (odd phrase for a non-atheist).  We are talking about us fighting terrorism.  

Amazing isn't it. At the same time he is attending Mass, he is laughing to himself at all the fools around him.
(03-11-2016, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: The people we are fighting are using religion as the basis to drum up supporters.  We are fighting their religion.  Whether we are doing it to defend another religion or not it is a religious war.

Am not reading this correctly? So now we are fighting their religion? Gee I thought it terrorism has nothing to with the religion of peace?

That's what the Dear Leader Obama said right?

We are not fighting over their religion. No one is saying they can't be Muslim. just more lefty jargon.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-11-2016, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why do white people hate America?

Well yeah, liberal white people.
(03-11-2016, 12:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But we aren't fighting over imaginary men in the sky (odd phrase for a non-atheist).  We are talking about us fighting terrorism.  

It is my favorite George Carlin name for god.  We are fighting an ideology...that is trying to use religion as its "basis".  You can't blow up an idea.  You can't kill every believer.

We are fighting against a group claiming a religion as their own.

(03-11-2016, 12:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Amazing isn't it. At the same time he is attending Mass, he is laughing to himself at all the fools around him.

I did.  And when I do go to my church I try to learn something.  I also have no faith in the physical church or the "fools" who think they are better just because they keep the pew warm once a week.
(03-11-2016, 11:45 AM)Vlad Wrote: So why would mistaking you for a Muslim make an ill-informed person kill you?.

Only one answer.

Because the person killing you was ignorant and evil.

Blaming anything else is deflection from reality.

There have been lots of cases of proven police brutality.  Do you blame all of those guilty police officers when an anti-police nutjob kills an innocent officer in revenge?  Or do you blame the anti-police nutjob?
(03-11-2016, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes...because fighting over imaginary men in the sky is so important we should let the one world we have burn down around us.

This is like arguing over who gets the last piece of pizza while the house is on fire.

The "real threat" is stupid people.

No, its like arguing about the effects a fart has in a hurricane.
(03-10-2016, 12:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Then why did you preface it with "Post 911"?  

I was pretty certain I wouldn't get an answer to this.  Some people are very busy running around inserting the world 'liberal' / 'lefty' / 'librool' in every other post like a pull string doll.

[Image: vwqEefs.jpg?1]
(03-11-2016, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only one answer.

Because the person killing you was ignorant and evil.

Blaming anything else is deflection from reality.

There have been lots of cases of proven police brutality.  Do you blame all of those guilty police officers when an anti-police nutjob kills an innocent officer in revenge?  Or do you blame the anti-police nutjob?

Spiiiinnnnn!

Umm Freddy...Islamic terrorism is reality.  It goes without saying the dude was an idiot, and he and he alone is to be held responsible.

Secondly, you didn't answer my question, you deflected.

Again, if there existed no Islamic terrorism, would have that specific incident taken place?
There is only one answer, anything else is spin.

Your police analogy is ridiculous.

Is it ever possible for you to ever be honest? 
(03-11-2016, 12:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: I did.  And when I do go to my church I try to learn something.  I also have no faith in the physical church or the "fools" who think they are better just because they keep the pew warm once a week.

I don't go to church, and have little respect for hypocrites who think they are better than me because they do...
So when you go to church that's what you really feel every Sunday...the people around you think they are better than you? Interesting.

Btw...what possible thing could a liberal learn from going to church?  Could you share with everyone?
(03-11-2016, 01:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: Spiiiinnnnn!

Umm Freddy...Islamic terrorism is reality.  It goes without saying the dude was an idiot, and he and he alone is to be held responsible.

Secondly, you didn't answer my question, you deflected.

Again, if there existed no Islamic terrorism, would have that specific incident taken place?
There is only one answer, anything else is spin.

Your police analogy is ridiculous.

Is it ever possible for you to ever be honest? 

Your logic fails.

Answer this question.  "If there had never been police abuse then would anyone ever kill a policeman in revenge?"

My analogy is dead on.  You can not deflect blame from an evil person just because someone else was also evil.

You can't blame this attack on Islamic extremism because there was no act of Islamic extremism involved in this situation.
(03-11-2016, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your logic fails.

Answer this question.  "If there had never been police abuse then would anyone ever kill a policeman in revenge?"

My analogy is dead on.  You can not deflect blame from an evil person just because someone else was also evil.

You can't blame this attack on Islamic extremism because there was no act of Islamic extremism involved in this situation.

It does not fail. You fail by deflecting and answering my question with another question.

You answer directly either question I posed, and I will gladly answer yours without deflecting, because I never do.

Again, if there existed no Islamic terrorism, would have that specific incident likely taken place?

(03-11-2016, 01:28 PM)Vlad Wrote: I don't go to church, and have little respect for hypocrites who think they are better than me because they do...
So when you go to church that's what you really feel every Sunday...the people around you think they are better than you? Interesting.

Btw...what possible thing could a liberal learn from going to church?  Could you share with everyone?

I think a lot of people who go to church every Sunday believe they are better than those that do not.  Yes.

And I not only disagree I'd gladly and loudly tell them they are wrong.

And I try to learn more about what is being taught that Sunday.  We had a priest who well versed in the history of the words used and the traditions.  It was very informative.

Sometimes I learn that all those years of Catholic school were just propaganda and we were fed a lot of bs over the years.

Sometimes I learn something new or a new reason for what I thought was being done.

Everything is a chance to learn if you can admit you don't know everything.  And if you can get past your own ingrained biases.
(03-11-2016, 01:57 PM)Vlad Wrote: It does not fail. You fail by deflecting and answering my question with another question.

You answer directly either question I posed, and I will gladly answer yours without deflecting, because I never do.

Again, if there existed no Islamic terrorism, would have that specific incident likely taken place?

It's a hypothetical...however if there were no one feeding stupid people with fear over Islamic people then no.  Just like if there were no trees there would be no treehouses.

However, hypothetically, there may still be a stupid person angry and afraid of a person different from them who might mix up two races and try to kill them.  The only way your hypothetical theory works is if there were no people so stupid.
(03-11-2016, 01:57 PM)Vlad Wrote: Again, if there existed no Islamic terrorism, would have that specific incident likely taken place?

No.

Now answer my question about police brutality.  You blame guilty police for innocent police getting killed?  Is that where the blame lies?

It is amazing that these conservative cry about lack of "individual responsibility" until it doesn't fit their narrative, and then another group is to blame for what an individual did.
EDIT: Deleted...what's the point?