Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown JR been a bright spot
First 4 games started kind of slow after that we haven't had that kind of production out of LT spot since prime Whitworth
Reply/Quote
Getting Williams out of LT was crucial for this team. There is no way they pull off 8 wins this season if he stayed at LT.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 02:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Getting Williams out of LT was crucial for this team. There is no way they pull off 8 wins this season if he stayed at LT.

Crazy he is a better LT than RT and he is below average at both
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 02:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Getting Williams out of LT was crucial for this team. There is no way they pull off 8 wins this season if he stayed at LT.

wasnt he the LT for both our AFCCG runs?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 03:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wasnt he the LT for both our AFCCG runs?

I mean, Adeniji was starting both of those runs, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 02:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: First 4 games started kind of slow after that we haven't had that kind of production out of LT spot since prime Whitworth

I'm not sure I agree with this...at all. He has given up the most pressures (59) and hurries (45) which is 6 & 7 more than Dan Moore of the Steelers who is terrible. He is also responsible for 27.8% of all of our team pressures. For context, that's 3rd worst in the NFL. He has given up 7 sacks this season which is tied for 11th worst. 

I'm not sure what you've seen to think he is a bright spot...maybe a dull spot at best. 
Reply/Quote
This was by far Orlando's worst season in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 04:59 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I'm not sure I agree with this...at all. He has given up the most pressures (59) and hurries (45) which is 6 & 7 more than Dan Moore of the Steelers who is terrible. He is also responsible for 27.8% of all of our team pressures. For context, that's 3rd worst in the NFL. He has given up 7 sacks this season which is tied for 11th worst. 

I'm not sure what you've seen to think he is a bright spot...maybe a dull spot at best. 

Agreed. Our line has sucked and he's a big part of it.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 08:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This was by far Orlando's worst season in the NFL.

He played in several games where the groin was clearly bothering him. He literally couldn’t anchor at all.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He played in several games where the groin was clearly bothering him. He literally couldn’t anchor at all.

He came out in Seahawks game, i remember that then we had the bye, was a full go not on injury report 49ers games and was warhorse rest of year playing every game and snaps i believe to his credit. The problem with your analysis is if he was that hurt, you would have thought he be on the injury report after bye week, i looked back 4 to 5 games after bye week he never was on report

I doubt the groin was that much of an issue or he would have been on injury report in some manner, in the end it is safe to say he was healthy enough the great majority of the season and was an anchor at LT for us in snaps and low penalties i believe overall but as it seems like most of our of FAs we have signed under Pollack, his numbers regressed also from previous season with his old team.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 08:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This was by far Orlando's worst season in the NFL.

Thinking it’s a pollack problem.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about bright spot, I thought he was barely average if that overall this season. And per PFF grades Holic posted, he was 50th overall which seems to support what I saw and others have noted above.

Generally speaking, he was a let down in my opinion and yet another reason Pollack needs to be the first one on the chopping block.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Brown was a great acquisition and did well. If you want to understand why subjective PFF scores sent down on our linemen look at the offensive system we use. The major run-pass imbalance combined with the strong tendency towards spread shotgun looks and our tendency to give the play away by the formation give a scheme/system that is VERY hard for ANY OL to be truly effective. Unless the system changes it won't matter who the line coach is.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 10:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Brown was a great acquisition and did well. If you want to understand why subjective PFF scores sent down on our linemen look at the offensive system we use. The major run-pass imbalance combined with the strong tendency towards spread shotgun looks and our tendency to give the play away by the formation give a scheme/system that is VERY hard for ANY OL to be truly effective. Unless the system changes it won't matter who the line coach is.

majority of teams now go from shotgun, he was dependable and an improvement from Williams but for the $$ we played him and his overall stats of sacks, hurries etc. he struggled espeically one on one more than before, that has little to do with schemes.... i think the one correlation we can make to our oline struggles is Pollack... time for a change
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 09:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He came out in Seahawks game, i remember that then we had the bye, was a full go not on injury report 49ers games and was warhorse rest of year playing every game and snaps i believe to his credit. The problem with your analysis is if he was that hurt, you would have thought he be on the injury report after bye week, i looked back 4 to 5 games after bye week he never was on report

I doubt the groin was that much of an issue or he would have been on injury report in some manner, in the end it is safe to say he was healthy enough the great majority of the season and was an anchor at LT for us in snaps and low penalties i believe overall but as it seems like most of our of FAs we have signed under Pollack, his numbers regressed also from previous season with his old team.

It’s not really “my analysis” it was clear as day the groin was bothering him in certain games. I saw people online who really know their stuff wrt OL play pointing it out.

To me the reason you replace Pollack (for the record I don’t think they will) is not pass protection, it’s the run game. It just flat out has to be better.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 10:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Thinking it’s a pollack problem.

He also had the groin issue, and played next to a terrible Volson for the first half of the season (Cordell was better down the stretch). It was likely a multitude of factors.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also had the groin issue, and played next to a terrible Volson for the first half of the season (Cordell was better down the stretch). It was likely a multitude of factors.

I think the biggest issues were having Volson beside him instead of Thuney and not getting the same amount of help from backs and TE's that he did in KC. He was left on an island more than in previous years and he's struggled with it at times.
Reply/Quote
Reading the thread, I was basically going to say everything Nicomo said.
Injured
Played injured
Played next to Volson
Goin' solo---going from memory--- It seemed that if we were going to have Sample stay in and block on passing downs . . . it was next to Williams, but I could be wrong. It may have been 50-50 and I just never noticed it.

There were a lot of games this year that I had no interest in watching a second time.

I'm a Mixon guy, but I expect him to be ''Marshall Faulk'' and the Bengals go and get their ''Edgerrin James''. I am not calling Mixon a Hall Of Famer . . . I'm just saying, they had a young veteran RB help Manning get to a certain point and then picked up the guy that was going to be Manning's main back up plan for the bulk of his career. It would be nice to get that line sorted out first, though.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Side note, but he’s not gonna be in the pro bowl this year. Most likely.

Pro bowl is a popularity contest, and now he plays for a team that didn’t make the playoffs, so of course, he didn’t make the pro bowl

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
This was definitely a down year for Brown, but it was somehow an improvement for us at LT.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote