Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
[Image: iC1ukZ.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:45 AM)Synric Wrote: This here is fair. Both are good players hopefully Brown puts more into it than Glenn did. 

You're better than this. There's nothing "fair" about the comparison. Dude just came up with it to try and mask his foolishness. 

"Bengals part ways with Jessie Bates...worst off season ever"

"Bengals sign Orlando Brown...remins me of another failed signing"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rumor has it Brown is $8.5 mil vs the cap this year. That is ridiculous. 

We still have significant room. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:59 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Rumor has it Brown is $8.5 mil vs the cap this year. That is ridiculous. 

We still have significant room. 

I believe a large signing bonus lessens the cap over the years right?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:45 AM)Synric Wrote: This here is fair. Both are good players hopefully Brown puts more into it than Glenn did. 

Glenn was okay until he had his injury episodes and became disgruntled. Brown has always had this "attitude" label applied to him, which is why I'm associating the two right now.
Reply/Quote
Not going to lie, popped wood when reading about this signing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:50 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I was under the impression that the team assured him he (Brown) would play LT. Either way the line improves. Personally I think Jonah will do well at RT, he played some seasons there in college and his weaknesses are better masked on the strongside where Burrow can see more easily.

You are correct they did and that’s why he is coming here. The Bears wanted him but only as a right tackle, the chiefs did not want to keep him at left tackle after seeing him play there and wanted to move on from the experiment and move him back to right tackle. There was an article that went out before free agency that said he wouldn’t get the contract that he was seeking because talk around the NFL teams didn’t like or view him as a left tackle. So hopefully they are open to moving him to right tackle his position of strength if he doesn’t pan out at left tackle and don’t force things if he struggles. Because that’s how this can become a negative signing instead of being a positive signing and playing him where he can be a major asset.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:00 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I believe a large signing bonus lessens the cap over the years right?

Absolutely correct. The base salary per year ends up being lower. But to get to $8.5 mil in cap hit, his base salary would need to be like $1 mil. A $31 mil signing bonus on a 4 year deal would mean a tough iver $7.5 mil every year for the signing binus that gets spread out over the contract term. 

That leaves $33 mil in salary. It will obviously go up next year, but then Jonah & likely Collins will be off the books. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:01 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Glenn was okay until he had his injury episodes and became disgruntled. Brown has always had this "attitude" label applied to him, which is why I'm associating the two right now.

Who is the better player, though?

Is it close?

Why make the comparison at all?

This last one is more personal, how are you doing? I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to. I mean that. If you're not doing well and need someone to talk to you in a non-judging way. I've been depressed before. It sucks. Look inward. Get some exercise. Eat healthy. Socialize. Ask yourself what you want to do with your life, make a goal, accomplish that goal. Get outside. Get some fresh air. Pet a dog. 
You don't know how amazing life is until you start thinking about it the right way.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:46 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Between carman, Jonah and LC… and a potential rookie, I bet they just go with what they have and have a camp battle.

This is a far cry from previous years.

Collins is coming off surgery so he wont be playing to start the year.  Carman played poor on the right side and I dont know that moving him again to another position is the best solution.  Jonah wasnt very good at LT and you move him to RT....  I just dont know if thats a good idea to count on him doing well at that position.  I think the best solution is for the team to get a legit RT either through free agency or the draft.
Reply/Quote
Is he really insisting he plays LT?

Why not be a versitile tackle and be paid as a LT at the same time?

We'd be the most versitile line in the NFL is brown were flexible. Now that he got his bag, he should be open to move. He's already got his $, so why not at this point?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:08 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Collins is coming off surgery so he wont be playing to start the year.  Carman played poor on the right side and I dont know that moving him again to another position is the best solution.  Jonah wasnt very good at LT and you move him to RT....  I just dont know if thats a good idea to count on him doing well at that position.  I think the best solution is for the team to get a legit RT either through free agency or the draft.

We now have considerable moneis in the line. No need to draft anymore. Considering this team's history with picking O linemen, we can't trust them there anyway.

We need to go WR to replace Tee, Roshawn Johnson from TX in the 3rd round, and fill everything else with safeties, d-line. and corners.

Reader and Hendrickson could be gone next season. Need to keep thinking ahead defensively and tell Burrow to be who we think he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:08 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Collins is coming off surgery so he wont be playing to start the year.  Carman played poor on the right side and I dont know that moving him again to another position is the best solution.  Jonah wasnt very good at LT and you move him to RT....  I just dont know if thats a good idea to count on him doing well at that position.  I think the best solution is for the team to get a legit RT either through free agency or the draft.

Carman needs space to block. He’s just not a guard. Would not surprise me if he starts at RT
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:09 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: We now have considerable moneis in the line. No need to draft anymore. Considering this team's history with picking O linemen, we can't trust them there anyway.

We need to go WR to replace Tee, Roshawn Johnson from TX in the 3rd round, and fill everything else with safeties, d-line. and corners.

Reader and Hendrickson could be gone next season. Need to keep thinking ahead defensively and tell Burrow to be who we think he is.

They are keeping Tee. Write it in stone
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They are keeping Tee. Write it in stone

And losing Chase?

Or are you really thinking it's a good idea to tie up that much cap on two receivers? 
Reply/Quote
Remember we traded for Cordy Glenn and he was never enthusiastic about coming here.

Brown is a free agent who is coming of his own free will and desire to do so. He has four Pro Bowls (2 at LT 2 at RT). His PFF scores are in another thread. He is also not coming off any injuries and is durable.

Let's be properly skeptical of butthurt Chief and/or Rat fans.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:13 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: And losing Chase?

Or are you really thinking it's a good idea to tie up that much cap on two receivers? 

Hell no we aren’t losing Chase. But Joe is adamant about Tee

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: Remember we traded for Cordy Glenn and he was never enthusiastic about coming here.

Brown is a free agent who is coming of his own free will and desire to do so. He has four Pro Bowls (2 at LT 2 at RT). His PFF scores are in another thread. He is also not coming off any injuries and is durable.

Why did the Cheifs get Juwan--a RT from Jax--on that big contract instead of extending Brown? Was Juwan the cheaper opition, or did they see shortfalls in Brown's play that led them to not trust him a LT?

Sincere question. I haven't compared the contracts. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're better than this. There's nothing "fair" about the comparison. Dude just came up with it to try and mask his foolishness. 

"Bengals part ways with Jessie Bates...worst off season ever"

"Bengals sign Orlando Brown...remins me of another failed signing"

Im just talking player type and how I would put them as a free agent. I believe this was a great signing and a wildly surprising and great deal by the Bengals FO (31m signing bonus wow). As for how it turns out well Cordy Glenn quit they had to threaten him with a fine to get him back on the field and then he half a**'d the back half of that last season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: Remember we traded for Cordy Glenn and he was never enthusiastic about coming here.

Brown is also a good 3 years younger than Glenn was when arriving here.
As far as cap, reports are the deal is front-loaded, and his salary will be $14M in the final year ($21.5M cap hit). If I had to guess, year 1 will have a cap hit of about $10M.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote