Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
(03-16-2023, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The LAST thing you ever try to do is be positive..But it's a new Dey so there's hope

Well I did try! I didn’t cower behind my prior posts and disappear. Or point out how Hendrickson has abused him the last two years.

He’s an upgrade and I’ll take it at that spot and I applaud the contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
That's what I'm talking about !

This really frees the Bengals hands up for the draft now. Think a Safety or TE will still be added but only guessing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not a fan of him at all, but his technique is sound and he 100% makes this team better, so I like the move a ton.

Just hope he remains healthy and playing well.

(03-16-2023, 12:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Why are you not a fan? Just curious.

LMAO 4 straight years Pro Bowl and Unanimous All-American and he’s now the 17th highest paid LT
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Why are you not a fan? Just curious.

I’m not a very big fan of Orlando Brown Jr either….while he definitely is a solid addition to the online celebrating him to be an elite left tackle he is not, he is better suited to be a right tackle. He’s solid but nowhere near elite as a left tackle, definite over pay if you are expecting him to be an elite left tackle. There is a reason why the chiefs went out and signed Juwaan Taylor over just keeping Orlando Brown Jr….they did not want him protecting Mahomes blind side and wanted to pay him less and move him to right tackle but Orlando Brown Jr wants to be a left tackle and paid as such. I know a couple of chiefs fans who did not want to see another season of having him be their left tackle. It’s exactly why they went out and replaced him with Taylor…..and then you have the Bears who were trying to acquire him but also wanted to move him to right tackle and didn’t see him as a left tackle so in the end he went here where he could be a left tackle. And don’t get me wrong he will do fine and is an upgrade. Really good run blocker but as a pass protector on the left side people on here are highly overating him. We will see but I don’t think he is going to help burrow’s blind side as much as people think.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What a move, wow. LC won't be ready for the start of the season, most likely, and Jonah has had his struggles. Carman had a flash in a small amount of snaps at the end of the season. Do they plug Brown in at LT and let Jonah/Carman fight it out at RT? Maybe the opposite? I have to assume LC is cut.

Why not keep him as detph and move him to guard in Cordell's spot while Jonah plays RT?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Buzz around the twitterverse that we’ve got another big signee to be announced early tomorrow.

Maybe it's Gardner Johnson Cool
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it’s an overpay if you expect him to be an elite LT. look at what his replacement got in KC. Guards are getting 100m

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:36 AM)pulses Wrote: Maybe it's Gardner Johnson Cool

Can you imagine stealing him from KC right after they free up money from Mahomes and Brown Jr. Signs here?
Reply/Quote
4 years 64 mil is what Bates got in Atlanta.
So much smarter to give that contract to a LT like Brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wow… didn’t see that coming.

Yes,WOW,they sure blindsided me on that one.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don’t think it’s an overpay if you expect him to be an elite LT. look at what his replacement got in KC. Guards are getting 100m

That’s the problem….he’s better suited to be a right tackle…..most teams don’t view him as a left tackle. And he is far from being an elite left tackle
Reply/Quote
Orlando is being paid as #17 LT. He’s a 4 straight Pro Bowler. In what world is this not huge?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:33 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: I’m not a very big fan of Orlando Brown Jr either….while he definitely is a solid addition to the online celebrating him to be an elite left tackle he is not, he is better suited to be a right tackle. He’s solid but nowhere near elite as a left tackle, definite over pay if you are expecting him to be an elite left tackle.  There is a reason why the chiefs went out and signed Juwaan Taylor  over just keeping Orlando Brown Jr….they did not want him protecting Mahomes blind side and wanted to pay him less and move him to right tackle but Orlando Brown Jr wants to be a left tackle and paid as such. I know a couple of chiefs fans who did not want to see another season of having him be their left tackle. It’s exactly why they went out and replaced him with Taylor…..and then you have the Bears who were trying to acquire him but also wanted to move him to right tackle and didn’t see him as a left tackle so in the end he went here where he could be a left tackle. And don’t get me wrong he will do fine and is an upgrade. Really good run blocker but as a pass protector on the left side people on here are highly overating him. We will see but I don’t think he is going to help burrow’s blind side as much as people think.

I get where everyone is coming from Orlando Brown is not Trent Williams, Laremy Tunsil, Jordan Mailata. Brown is a tier 2 free agent and got paid like one. He is an a step up from what the Bengals have at Offensive Tackle without having to force a 1st round tackle and depend on a rookie. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would we cut LC?  He doesnt cost us anything if he doesnt play and he can back up both tackles and both guards...

Yep having LC and either Jonah or Carman as back ups is a luxury and perfect for an all in year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This signing reminds me more and more of Cordy Glenn.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Wont change your opinion but he is saying the right things.

Just spoke to new #Bengals LT Orlando Brown Jr.: "I'm super thankful for the opportunity to carry on my father's legacy and be a left tackle. It was important to be able to play that position and play for a winning team and a winning quarterback. Who Dey!"

Saw that seconds after it was posted Wink. Also saw the report like 2 minutes after it happened.

To quote another film great, Carl Reiner: "I saw you before you even woke up this morning." Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
LT position has improved, but, we are still sorely weak at RT. Are we sure Jonah can move there? LC won’t be ready until the middle of the year and he probably still won’t be 100%. Still need to get a RT if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: This signing reminds me more and more of Cordy Glenn.

This here is fair. Both are good players hopefully Brown puts more into it than Glenn did. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:37 AM)phil413 Wrote: Can you imagine stealing him from KC right after they free up money from Mahomes and Brown Jr. Signs here?

It would be amazing !!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: This signing reminds me more and more of Cordy Glenn.

Probably a good spot on closer comparison then people realize. Definite Cordy Glenn vibes with this signing
Reply/Quote