Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
Best FA signing in Bengals history.

I love this team!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why does everyone want to cut LC?  Have you guys read his contract?????

We currently don't have ANY viable OG reserves. Other than Karras, who is the starting C. LC played G forca year in Dallas. If we can fit him under the cap, I'd much rather cut Smith and/or Adeniji. Collins isxa,better player than either. 

Jonah to RT has to be, right? 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:37 PM)BRM13 Wrote: So $64 million for Brown or Bates?  OT is better use if that money.  I did not see this coming.

Yeah as soon as I saw the avg/yr that was what came to mind.  Tobin and Co. waited it out and made possibly the biggest FA signing we have ever made.  Too many thoughts 

What's his Jersey number going to be so we can buy them?
Does the front loaded deal make a way for Tee?
Is it all dead money if they trade Jonah or can a team take money back?
Does Jonah start at RT and if Carman doesn't beat him is he a 6th man?
How do you make a link to Kool & the Gang's celebration into a post?
How am I going to be up at 5am?

I'm so proud of the FO and ashamed I complained about missing out on C grade safeties, they'll get a decent one. 
Reply/Quote
KC fans are saying OBJ was a huge weakness on their line in pass blocking. Haven't really looked into it but definitely curious.

Hopefully it's just salty tears and not much truth to it.

Regardless it's an upgrade from what we had.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
oh this will be interesting. Great for the signing, curious on where it sends our line.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We currently don't have ANY viable OG reserves. Other than Karras, who is the starting C. LC played G forca year in Dallas. If we can fit him under the cap, I'd much rather cut Smith and/or Adeniji. Collins isxa,better player than either. 

Jonah to RT has to be, right? 

LC is way better than those guys and more versatile.  Jonah at RT?, maybe, I just started a thread campaigning for him at LG for a super solid left side of the line.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: That’s a big get and certainly not like Bengals of old. I hope safety is still in the mix.

You're still in time out. Not allowed to speak yet.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know what’s happening! Do I put on my mask during these unprecedented times?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: KC fans are saying OBJ was a huge weakness on their line in pass blocking.  Haven't really looked into it but definitely curious.

Hopefully it's just salty tears and not much truth to it.

Regardless it's an upgrade from what we had.

Let them cry...

[Image: HX6wYu9.png]

Reply/Quote
Now with this signing , the Bengals can now target
TE, or CB, DT in RD 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Let them cry...

[Image: HX6wYu9.png]

There is a reason their FO wanted to sign him long term.
Reply/Quote
Welp, a few folks look silly right about now, but of course they did when they were shouting at the falling sky.

Great move.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I agree on RB2.  That said, they will bring in someone.  Probably a perine from 2 years ago type… aka a cast off.

Same for bell, a few years back

And then hurst just last year.

Alexander Mattison 24 yrs old value is 2.2 million bring him in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCYHRgM45s
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp, a few folks look silly right about now, but of course they did when they were shouting at the falling sky.

Great move.

This is a little disappointing^, I was expecting one your nuclear zingers on this... too much of a softball situation I guess.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp, a few folks look silly right about now, but of course they did when they were shouting at the falling sky.

Great move.

They are new fans…. Or they just simply are not on board with this new bengals team.

Sold naming rights, built practice bubble, etc.

I would bet burrow has a day in what’s happening right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:04 AM)pulses Wrote: Alexander Mattison 24 yrs old value is 2.2 million bring him in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCYHRgM45s

Would likely be an upgrade. Mattison played really well behind cook.

I think people forget perine was a nothing, up until this year. He might have been the worst player in the SB last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I agree on RB2.  That said, they will bring in someone.  Probably a perine from 2 years ago type… aka a cast off.

Same for bell, a few years back

And then hurst just last year.

I'd be totally fine with Julian Love and Lou knows him.
Reply/Quote
Buzz around the twitterverse that we’ve got another big signee to be announced early tomorrow.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Wow, great deal, and we get him for $4M less (per year) than the Chiefs paid his replacement.
Best part is, go pure BPA in the draft and don't panic into reaching. Personally, I never thought Jonah was that bad, and I think he'll do better as a strongside tackle. I imagine he moves to RT. If Cordell Volson is the weakest link on the OL, that is a very good thing.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Buzz around the twitterverse that we’ve got another big signee to be announced early tomorrow.

JoeyB or a safety :)
Reply/Quote