Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
Bengals agree to sign LT Brown
The Cincinnati Bengals signed former Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. to a four-year, $64 million contract with a $31 million signing bonus, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported. The bonus is the highest ever for an offensive lineman.

Who Dey!!!!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:38 PM)Housh Wrote: We needed this. Now we don’t gotta draft tackle. Slide Jonah to RT if he bombs try Carman.

We can now draft RB, TE, and S

Jonah would be an awesome LG in between Brown and Karras.

Reply/Quote
31 million dollar signing bonus.... If the Bengals do extend Burrow and Tee Higgins this offseason we are talking 100+ million in signing bonuses alone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Wow did not see this one coming.  What a great signing

Gotta protect the franchise.If he gets hurt again,they ain't going anywhere but last place.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would we cut LC?  He doesnt cost us anything if he doesnt play and he can back up both tackles and both guards...
Bingo !

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:39 PM)Housh Wrote: If Pollack makes this unit suck then he’s the problem

lol, funny but true
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What a move, wow. LC won't be ready for the start of the season, most likely, and Jonah has had his struggles. Carman had a flash in a small amount of snaps at the end of the season. Do they plug Brown in at LT and let Jonah/Carman fight it out at RT? Maybe the opposite? I have to assume LC is cut.

I read that Brown said he was adamant about staying at LT!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:44 PM)Synric Wrote: 31 million dollar signing bonus.... If the Bengals do extend Burrow and Tee Higgins this offseason we are talking 100+ million in signing bonuses alone.

Hence the reason you go get an Austin hooper (example) to replace hurst.

Same for rb2 and most likely safety.

You simply can’t pay everyone.
Reply/Quote
So when are they going to make a big move?

For real though I'm in shock
Reply/Quote
Huge addition for the Bengals. Didn't expect this at all. Good problems to have now in figuring out where Jonah fits for the upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: That’s a big get and certainly not like Bengals of old. I hope safety is still in the mix.

So maybe just a one year rebuild now.....?

You f-ing know so much better bro..... the other guy is just a troll, but we definitely expect you to have a little more resolve.  Lets Go!

Reply/Quote
Well, that is a STUNNER!

Did not see that coming. Duke was obviously noylt 100% on keeping Jinah at LT. Brown is not a super good pass blocker (18th amingst OT in pass block win rate) but still isxaxHUGE upgrade over Jonah & Carman.

What now? Do we try and trade Jonah? Cutting him saves us zero money vs the cap. That's an expensive backup LT. Duke said he did not want to move him to RT. RG? Do we cut Collins? I am just, STUNNED. Dumbfounded. In a state of disbelief.
Reply/Quote
Very interesting.

Obviously a great move. This makes me think they are planning to do an injury settlement with Collins and put Jonah at RT. It also means we will be able to power run very well to the left. Or...they go all in on power OL and put Carman at RT and Jonah is a pricey reserve for one year.

Credit where it's due - this also opens up the draft for them. NOW it is likely they do TE in the first.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:47 PM)phil413 Wrote: So when are they going to make a big move?  

For real though I'm in shock

You ain't alone. I can tell you that. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hence the reason you go get an Austin hooper (example) to replace hurst.

Same for rb2 and most likely safety.

You simply can’t pay everyone.

RB 2 can be a draft pick. Finding a cheap veteran TE is a must but i think we'll double dip in the draft to hopefully fix that problem. Safety wise I think they already have someone in mind but I might be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, that is a STUNNER!

Did not see that coming. Duke was obviously noylt 100% on keeping Jinah at LT. Brown is not a super good pass blocker (18th amingst OT in pass block win rate) but still isxaxHUGE upgrade over Jonah & Carman.

What now? Do we try and trade Jonah? Cutting him saves us zero money vs the cap. That's an expensive backup LT. Duke said he did not want to move him to RT. RG? Do we cut Collins? I am just, STUNNED. Dumbfounded. In a state of disbelief.

This is a good problem to be in. Run em all back for one year. Not the best use of cap space, but considering how the last two seasons unfolded, we can’t have enough good OL.
Reply/Quote
Wow. That is all.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:49 PM)pulses Wrote: RB 2 can be a draft pick. Finding a cheap veteran TE is a must but i think we'll double dip in the draft to hopefully fix that problem. Safety wise I think they already have someone in mind but I might be wrong.

I agree on RB2. That said, they will bring in someone. Probably a perine from 2 years ago type… aka a cast off.

Same for bell, a few years back

And then hurst just last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, that is a STUNNER!

You’d bet they said you want to stay? Go play RT. Jonah loves it here and I’m sure they were very upfront and pragmatic
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Very interesting.

Obviously a great move. This makes me think they are planning to do an injury settlement with Collins and put Jonah at RT. It also means we will be able to power run very well to the left. Or...they go all in on power OL and put Carman at RT and Jonah is a pricey reserve for one year.

Credit where it's due - this also opens up the draft for them. NOW it is likely they do TE in the first.

Why does everyone want to cut LC?  Have you guys read his contract?????

Reply/Quote