2018 (6-10 disaster finish w/ injuries)
29.03%
9 29.03%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other 5-4 starts in team history
(11-12-2021, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly what I was going to say.

I was 9, so I was too busy practicing "karate" with friends, watching Ninja Turtles, playing with legos and Mario Bros, etc. LOL

At that time, I just knew football as something my Dad watched on TV.

back then the only teams people talked about that i remember was the cowboys and 49ers lol even here in ohio

And those are still the best turtle cartoons
Reply/Quote
I was alive and well for the 1990 season playoff win... and probably laying in a pool of my own toddler piss.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: alive yes...  paying any attention to football no... i was like 7 lol

It's crazy to think about how long ago it has been. January 6, 1991. Different century against a team now relocated and with a different name (Houston Oilers). The following week, the Bengals lose during Bo Jackson's final game because of his hip injury. I'm old enough to remember it and my oh my did the rest of the '90s suck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's crazy to think about how long ago it has been. January 6, 1991. Different century against a team now relocated and with a different name (Houston Oilers). The following week, the Bengals lose during Bo Jackson's final game because of his hip injury. I'm old enough to remember it and my oh my did the rest of the '90s suck.

Maybe thats why we cant win... The last team we beat no longer exist.... Puts a little extra motivation in everyone we play.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe thats why we cant win... The last team we beat no longer exist.... Puts a little extra motivation in everyone we play.

I'm all for bringing Bo Jackson to Cincinnati for an apology ceremony to absolve the Bengals of wrongdoing, but if the need is to get the Houston Oilers back into existence maybe we could start a GoFundMe to make it happen?
Reply/Quote
I would have thought the Oilers demons were exorcized when the Texans beat us in consecutive Wild Card rounds, but alas.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hell, many posters here likely weren't alive the last time a Bengals team experienced playoff victory.

Sad but true.

(11-12-2021, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: alive yes...  paying any attention to football no... i was like 7 lol

I was like 8 or 9 so yeah I could barely pay attention. I remembered the 88' SB and that is when I first became a fan tho.

(11-12-2021, 04:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's also not diminish the W against the Ravens since it was in Baltimore. Even if the Ravens aren't Super Bowl bound, it was an earned victory by the Bengals.

True and the Phins were at Home and watched us beat the Ravens and must of took note on how to contain Lamar.

(11-12-2021, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly what I was going to say.

I was 9, so I was too busy practicing "karate" with friends, watching Ninja Turtles, playing with legos and Mario Bros, etc. LOL

At that time, I just knew football as something my Dad watched on TV.

Yep, same except I was a fan of the Bengals before our last playoff victory. At that time was the Nintendo days.

Still remember Duck Hunt and Mario Bros on Christmas Day morning and my Mom got me a Boomer Esiason helmet. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm all for bringing Bo Jackson to Cincinnati for an apology ceremony to absolve the Bengals of wrongdoing, but if the need is to get the Houston Oilers back into existence maybe we could start a GoFundMe to make it happen?

maybe thats the team they can award to St Louis...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:23 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I would have thought the Oilers demons were exorcized when the Texans beat us in consecutive Wild Card rounds, but alas.

It gets complicated since the Titans are the Oilers. Texans might not play into this exorcism. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, same except I was a fan of the Bengals before our last playoff victory. At that time was the Nintendo days.

Still remember Duck Hunt and Mario Bros on Christmas Day morning and my Mom got me a Boomer Esiason helmet. Cool

I remember 4 things about the Bengals back then:

1. My Mom bought us some Super Bowl XXIII sweatshirts.
2. Welcome to the Jungle seemed like it was playing everywhere you went.
3. My Dad being super upset when Krumrie broke his leg.
4. My class (me included) being upset when Boomer backed out of a school visit and was replaced by Rob Dibble. Who btw did not sign anything for the kids and instead just printed out paper copies of his signature that were passed out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 06:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember 4 things about the Bengals back then:

4. My class (me included) being upset when Boomer backed out of a school visit and was replaced by Rob Dibble. Who btw did not sign anything for the kids and instead just printed out paper copies of his signature that were passed out.

Whoa whoa, no memories of the Ickey Shuffle?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 06:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Whoa whoa, no memories of the Ickey Shuffle?

Well yeah, everyone remembers that. Rock On
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To be honest I have no idea.

I don't see how the same team that blew out Baltimore and took Green Bay to overtime could look like total shit against the Jets and Browns.

Not only took them to OT... They held that offense in check... Davante Adams aside.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It’s a tough schedule. But I still see us fighting back into a playoff spot. I don’t think we will go deep into the playoffs though. I think we win one game in the playoffs, depending on the matchup. Could see us losing as well. But I don’t see us getting further until the defense and offensive line improves. Our short yardage offense has been terrible. And pass protection needs to improve as well as consistently opening holes in the run game. Need the young players to develop, get stronger, and may need to add more talent as well.

There’s a small chance we see these areas improve down the stretch, and the AFC is weak, so anything could happen. I definitely don’t see a super bowl win this year though. There are some great teams—and my preseason pick of the Rams may be the best of the bunch (although I wouldn’t mind seeing the Packers get a championship). I definitely don’t see us beating the Rams. It’s hard to see us beating the Browns to be honest. They match up so well against us.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 06:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember 4 things about the Bengals back then:

Cool stuff, I remember just loving the running game of Ickey and Brooks. Was fun to watch that OL and that running game.

Then the Play Action with Boomer, just a fun team to watch, I was hooked immediately the first time I saw the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool stuff, I remember just loving the running game of Ickey and Brooks. Was fun to watch that OL and that running game.

Then the Play Action with Boomer, just a fun team to watch, I was hooked immediately the first time I saw the Bengals.

Totally this, especially since he was lefthanded. It was great because it felt like Boomer was fooling the cameraman once or twice a game. They'd follow the RB up the middle, but then Boomer would throw a sweet pass to Collingsworth or Brown.
Reply/Quote
First Super Bowl was my freshman year in college.

Second Super Bowl was my last year of grad school.

Big bookends to an epic era in my life.
Reply/Quote