Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other than the game winner what play has you furious?
First off what a crazy game. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this. I’m usually down and upset after a loss but I have to say I really like this roster. This team is a monster that just needs to wake up. Worried more about coaching but that’s another thread. Ok so there were several including the run play in the final minute but I get it, that’s why we got the kid. The play that got to me was giving up the 57 yard run. Not trashing the D but they had several 3rd and longs. The offense did their share and then some to blow this game. It’s just the 57 yard run was horrible and it was our best players missing tackles.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First off what a crazy game. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this. I’m usually down and upset after a loss but I have to say I really like this roster. This team is a monster that just needs to wake up. Worried more about coaching but that’s another thread. Ok so there were several including the run play in the final minute but I get it, that’s why we got the kid. The play that got to me was giving up the 57 yard run. Not trashing the D but they had several 3rd and longs. The offense did their share and then some to blow this game. It’s just the 57 yard run was horrible and it was our best players missing tackles.

The 3rd and 16 that Cobb converted. Man that was tough to swallow.

The missed tackles by Bell and Wilson was killer. If bell makes that tackle they are behind. Instead it’s a massive run. Same with Wilson. Just tough plays.
Reply/Quote
That run was 57? Man, thrashed.
Reply/Quote
None of this game made me furious.
It was an entertaining game and it was closer than I expected it'd be.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think I was mad, I was sad lol. Burrow had so many chances to fight back, but Green bay did too! Nobody really deserved to win that game.
Reply/Quote
I thought that Mixon run was a first down. You know which one Im talking about
Reply/Quote
The Higgins drop on the last drive of regulation.
Reply/Quote
Perine's allowed sack.

He is way too big to be abused like that. There's no reason to be that terrible as pass blocking and it's his second in 5 games. You can't be on pace to allow 6-7 sacks in a season as a backup part time RB.

Probably made worse by watching Gio be 30+ pounds lighter and still absolutely excel at it for years. Really seems like a effort and mentality thing than a size/ability thing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:08 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: The Higgins drop on the last drive of regulation.

He turned his head! Sad Pass was perfect.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Perine's allowed sack.

He is way too big to be abused like that. There's no reason to be that terrible as pass blocking and it's his second in 5 games. You can't be on pace to allow 6-7 sacks in a season as a backup part time RB.

Probably made worse by watching Gio be 30+ pounds lighter and still absolutely excel at it for years. Really seems like a effort and mentality thing than a size/ability thing.

I always thought because Gio's center of gravity is lower it's helping him block.
Reply/Quote
Pick to Boyd in OT.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Perine's allowed sack.

The backs and TEs have allowed 5 or 6 sacks in 5 games (2 Perine, 2 Mixon, 1 Sample and 1 Uzo IIRC). Definitely hurts us in blitz pickup situations. 
Reply/Quote
Not at all furious and game went to wire as I expected. Had Jaire Alexander been healthy I would have gave the Packers the edge in my mind.

But thought it was about evenly matched, thought Bengals have slightly better team but the Pack has Rogers which can't be overlooked.

Anyway as far as plays the INT to begin overtime hurt and confused me as much as the WR and QB were confused.

But those missed tackles on the long run were brutal as well.

Yet it is sports and things happen fast, it is what it is and I aint mad.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: The backs and TEs have allowed 5 or 6 sacks in 5 games (2 Perine, 2 Mixon, 1 Sample and 1 Uzo IIRC). Definitely hurts us in blitz pickup situations. 

Sounds close enough.

That said, I will shit on Sample's performance all day long without hesitation, but if you put a TE 1v1 against a 14.5 sack DE what happens next is the OCs fault not the TEs. I said that when Gresham was put 1v1 against Cameron Wake, and I will keep saying that when Sample was put 1v1 against Danielle Hunter. At least give them a RB chip for help.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The 3rd and 16 that Cobb converted. Man that was tough to swallow.

The missed tackles by Bell and Wilson was killer. If bell makes that tackle they are behind. Instead it’s a massive run. Same with Wilson. Just tough plays.

I was mad but then on replay you see Wayne’s in position on Cobb then pulls up with a hammy and it’s one of those “shit happens” things.
Reply/Quote
Honest to God I can’t pick just one. Here are mine in no particular order.

Burrow failed QB sneak. Who can’t get inches on QB sneak?

Burrow INT in overtime.

Higgins drop

3rd and 16 “conversion”— im counting as conversion because allowed them to even get into FG range for the winner.

Jones run in OT when Lou had dialed up a perfect blitz which would have been a TFL if Bell just made the tackle.

Mixon on 3rd and 2. It looked like he was shot out of a cannon I still can’t believe he didn’t get the first down. He must have hit a wall in there somewhere. I’m surprised it wasn’t reviewed by the booth because it was so close. Certainly if spot is reviewed and we wind up with a first down there our odds of winning go way up.
Reply/Quote
4th & 2
Bengals decide to go for it.
Burrow gets first down and then some.
Flag on the play.
Holding (ghost penalty?)

That killed the huge momentum swing we had.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm not mad at all with this game, it was a hard fought game against a playoff team no one would be surprised went to the NFC Championship or SB game, and we took them into overtime. If I had any negative thing to say, I think maybe Burrow is starting to try to force the ball to Chase too much and not using Higgins and Boyd. He needs to spread it out so the defense has to cover all three equally. And personally, at 4th and 2 vs a 57 yard field goal, I may have had them go for it. Of course if they did, and didn't get it, everyone would be saying we should have kicked it. 20-20 hindsight. We can't win them all, the other teams get paid to win as well. On to the next one....
Reply/Quote
Nothing made me furious really but definitely wowed by some big mistakes. It was a good game though, a totally crazy game actually. But some of the mistakes that stood out were

Both of Higgins drops
Burrow not throwing it away on his first INT
Bell missing the tackle in the backfield on their huge run
GB's huge 3rd down conversion on 3rd and 18.
Even's miss
The Burrow/Boyd miscommunication on the overtime INT
etc, etc...

But most of all, I didnt like how Zac got too conservative and confident to put it on the rookie kicker instead of in the hands of Burrow. I totally believe Burrow could've taken us down the field for a much closer FG if not a TD if Zac quit hanfcuffing him. But it was good that we hung with the Packers. They are one of the best teams and we could've and should've beaten them. I hope this is the game that wakes us up, including ZT.
Reply/Quote
It’s interesting to me that we can have this thread, where we easily point out the plays where a number of different players didn’t quite get it done… but yet we insist on trying to blame only one or two for the loss.

The NFL doesn’t allow teams to make that many mistakes and get away with… and we almost did.

Team loss. Move on and get better.

Hope our bipolar fan base can recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote