Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 2018 Head Coach!
We've talked about wanting a TRUE leader on the sidelines for a while now. With Marv breaking our number 1 pick down to tears week after week now, it's time to get a guy who truly wants to win, and knows how to carry the blame.

But more importantly, we want a winner.

So, if I'm Mike Brown, I know who I am calling for the head coaching job.

Ladies and gentleman, your 2018 Bengals Head Coach IS:

via GIPHY

Reply/Quote
I got nothing against Tebow. But why him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:54 PM)McC Wrote: I got nothing against Tebow.  But why him?

Haha, I'm just playing around. He obviously isn't qualified, but he did show great leadership! 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:59 PM)thillan Wrote: Haha, I'm just playing around. He obviously isn't qualified, but he did show great leadership! 

He was a gamer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:59 PM)thillan Wrote: Haha, I'm just playing around. He obviously isn't qualified, but he did show great leadership! 

Didn't stop Dave Shula from getting the job.
Reply/Quote

If charisma and leadership were all a QB needed, Tebow would be the GOAT.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
All kidding aside, one thing I DO NOT want in the next coach is for them to be a member of the Competition Committee. I truly think Marvin being such a big member on that committee is the reason he absolutely will not get in a referee's ear no matter how badly we get screwed.....
Reply/Quote
Our new head coach is the cheapest person Mike Brown can hire. Since Tebow has no coaching experience and would be worth little pay, this makes him a top candidate.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: He was a gamer.

He was a baller.
Reply/Quote
Tebow won a playoff game against the Steelers, which means he has slain the two biggest nightmares that have plagued our franchise since the 1990 season. Dear lord, that's sad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Might as well see if Manziel could be his offensive coordinator while we're at it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Marvin isn't brought back - a big if - and if they don't hire from within - an even bigger if - I really hope Matt Patricia's name is on the short list. 
Reply/Quote
Mike McCarthy?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Marvin isn't brought back - a big if - and if they don't hire from within - an even bigger if - I really hope Matt Patricia's name is on the short list. 

Even though I'd like them to look at more offensive minded coaches I wouldn't complain about Matt Patricia. Everyone talks about the Patriots offense but he's had some really good defenses in New England

Just look at what he did this year. Thr Patriots defense started the season a mess. Now over the last few weeks they are one of the best in the league. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Even though I'd like them to look at more offensive minded coaches I wouldn't complain about Matt Patricia. Everyone talks about the Patriots but he's had some really good defenses in New England

Just look at what he did this year. Thr Patriots defense started the season a mess. Now over the last few weeks they are one of the best in the league. 

He also spent a couple years as an offensive assistant and asst. o-line coach. 

An interesting read on Patricia: 

Bill Belichick: "Matt Patricia could probably build a plane and fly it"
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Marvin isn't brought back - a big if - and if they don't hire from within - an even bigger if - I really hope Matt Patricia's name is on the short list. 

And that's why, as hard as it is, I'm happy to watch them lose out, just to ensure that if MB is on a "wait and see" to resign Lewis instead of already having his mind made up to move on, we move on....
Reply/Quote
Luke Fickell !!!!
Reply/Quote

Absolutely - I brought him up a couple times in other threads before. Good Pick! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Yes!  Give me the beard! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He also spent a couple years as an offensive assistant and asst. o-line coach. 

An interesting read on Patricia: 

Bill Belichick: "Matt Patricia could probably build a plane and fly it"

Only bad thing is he will probably be the most sought after HC candidate.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote