Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Defense gives up big plays
It doesn't seem to matter who we play against. Nobodies turn into superstars with this defense, and our corner backs aren't playing to a good standard.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the "bend but don't break" mentality, which i hate. I'm more used to seeing our defense carrying our offense to victory, but not vice versa.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:25 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It doesn't seem to matter who we play against. Nobodies turn into superstars with this defense, and our corner backs aren't playing to a good standard.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the "bend but don't break" mentality, which i hate. I'm more used to seeing our defense carrying our offense to victory, but not vice versa.
What Nobody are you talking about? Charles? Maclin? Kelce?

Last week, SSS? 

Not necessarily nobodies. 
Reply/Quote
Way too many 3rd and longs the past couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What Nobody are you talking about? Charles? Maclin? Kelce?

Last week, SSS? 

Not necessarily nobodies. 

Agreed. Blanking oakland most of the game doesn't matter either? Confused
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:38 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Agreed. Blanking oakland most of the game doesn't matter either? Confused

Oakland.

ohhhhhh *in high school girl voice*
Reply/Quote
By your own logic, "big plays" do not equate to TDs since the Bengals' D yielded none today.

So I'm okay with that.
Reply/Quote
'Bend but don't Break' has been a cliché today. No Defense carries this mentality.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:42 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: By your own logic, "big plays" do not equate to TDs since the Bengals' D yielded none today.

So I'm okay with that.

They couldn't find themselves off the field for most of the game. They gave third downs away to a team that ranked the worst in third downs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:46 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: They couldn't find themselves off the field for most of the game. They gave third downs away to a team that ranked the worst in third downs in the league.

Tell the offense to stop scoring so fast. That's what your really mad at? Confused
Reply/Quote
This is my biggest concern thus far this season. Giving up the big play, particularly on third down, isn't gonna cut it once we start playing good teams. That and (once again) tackling issues has me very uneasy about the Seahawks next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:46 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: They couldn't find themselves off the field for most of the game. They gave third downs away to a team that ranked the worst in third downs in the league.

KC left a sh'load of points on the field because of that D. KC has scored 8 TDs on offense. Today they kicked 7 FGs. 
KC is a team with a playoff-tested, veteran QB and a Pro-Bowl RB (not to mention a Super Bowl coach). 

Therefore I reject the premise. They didn't give away third downs as much as KC took them. The Chiefs were 7-of-16 of 3rd down. Forty-three percent. I'll take it. The Bengals recorded 5 sacks. I'll take that, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:04 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: KC left a sh'load of points on the field because of that D. KC has scored 8 TDs on offense. Today they kicked 7 FGs. 
KC is a team with a playoff-tested, veteran QB and a Pro-Bowl RB (not to mention a Super Bowl coach). 

Therefore I reject the premise. They didn't give away third downs as much as KC took them. The Chiefs were 7-of-16 of 3rd down. Forty-three percent. I'll take it. The Bengals recorded 5 sacks. I'll take that, too.

Playoff tested? What, 3 games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWaHYiYeE8

All in good fun. No ill will of course.
Reply/Quote
I don't think that this is necessarily a deal-breaker for them. If your offense is running on all cylinders like this one is, then you can give up some ground and still win ballgames. The last Packers SB and the Greatest Show on Turf Rams teams were examples of this. The defense doesn't have to be the 99 Ravens if nobody can stop the offense.
Reply/Quote
We're playing to soft. We have the corners to press but were not doing it for some reason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So we are just going to ignore turnovers and sacks that this D is forcing?

We are playing a very similar type of D to that of the Saints when they went the distance. Shutdown? No. However it makes plays and gives QBs fits.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:53 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: This is my biggest concern thus far this season. Giving up the big play, particularly on third down, isn't gonna cut it once we start playing good teams. That and (once again) tackling issues has me very uneasy about the Seahawks next week.

Start playing good teams ? Bro this is the NFL they're all good !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Alex Smith had a career day in terms of passing yards. I don't care for that much, not much at all.
Reply/Quote

Sacked and harassed Smith repeatedly, did not give up a TD, won by two TD's.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Our defense has room to improve for sure, Im putting a lot of stock in Vontaze coming back and solidifying the D...

With all that said, the better our front 4 perform the better our secondary will look.

side note....Would love to see Chris Carter get more snaps esp on passing downs rushing the QB
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: Sacked and harassed Smith repeatedly, did not give up a TD, won by two TD's.  

But to some it's all about the stats, not outcome.
Reply/Quote