Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Defensive Line has Disappeared
I think a lot of us would agree in the offseason that the defensive line is the strength of the time...but wow...we get very little pressure:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
It hasn’t been existent in 2 years
Reply/Quote
Hubbard seems to be the only one who can finish at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Geno is finally being Bengalfied. His rating is down to a 72.5 on PFF.
Reply/Quote
I'd trade Geno to a team that is playoff bound
He's done nothing for 10 games now.
He's not elite anymore.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard is the only one really playing.

From what I saw, Geno was either playing the spy and keeping the pocket contained or just not playing well against the Ravens. Usually one on ones he's dominate. He was literally just standing there.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
This is probably the most surprising thing to me.
Dunlap and Atkins are very good players.
Lawson proved very good as a rookie.
Hubbard was solid too last year.
Billings has become a very solid NT.

It must be the scheme because these guys should be doing way better given their previous success.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And this is why we should be looking to move Geno and Carlos for picks - we need a lot of picks to do what is needed and really right now Hubbard and Billings are the future.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Hubbard is the only one really playing.

From what I saw, Geno was either playing the spy and keeping the pocket contained or just not playing well against the Ravens. Usually one on ones he's dominate. He was literally just standing there.

It could be the scheme. He could be being told to do that.

Of course, that would be stupid, but stupid seems to be normal for some teams.

Using a DT as a spy against a quick and fast QB would be as dumb as sending Billings out into the flat in coverage. Oh wait, we do that too.

Reply/Quote
The D-line practices against the worst O-line in the league. How good can they get with no competition across from them. They get into game action against guys who actually can block and it is brand new to them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Geno and Carlos both put in their time here and played very well. I think they're just out of give-a-damn.

Sending them somewhere else for picks is the right thing to do for them and the franchise.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Geno had zero tackles yesterday, please trade him for whatever you can at the deadline
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Geno and Carlos both put in their time here and played very well. I think they're just out of give-a-damn.

Sending them somewhere else for picks is the right thing to do for them and the franchise.

Problem is do teams want to take on those contracts?

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'd trade Geno to a team that is playoff bound
He's done nothing for 10 games now.
He's not elite anymore.

I agree. We should try and get something for him now before the rest of the league catches up with the fact that he's pretty much washed up...or just doesn't give a crap anymore 'cause he's sick of losing. Either way, ship this dude out...and Dunlap. 

FYI, I love both of them but after every loss I'm inching closer and closer to supporting a full garage sale of this team. 
Reply/Quote
I feared this would happen. It happened in 2018 too.

(08-22-2019, 10:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If I recall correctly, our Dline was fantastic during the pre-season last year and then went on to be relatively mediocre during the season.

I hope we don't repeat that trend this year because, again, our Dline has been impressive this pre-season, as far as pass rushing goes.
Reply/Quote
I think Geno and Dunlap getting older factors into our lack of a pass rush however I feel the biggest reason is due to our inability to stop the run. We rarely get into long distance 2nd or 3rd passing downs because we’re giving up easy yards on the ground early in the down. Our opponents usually have short distance 3rd downs to convert passing the ball. Also play action can holdup the pass rush along with the fact our linebackers can’t cover and guys our running wide open for quick easy throws. The D-line basically has less time to get to the qb.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem is do teams want to take on those contracts?

Someone will. They won't give us a 1st or a 2nd, but they'll take them on.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
DLine was/is the strength going into the season. 6 games in we see that wasn't saying much when you look at the other position groups.

It's not the scheme. The line outside of Geno has always been overrated. Another offseason listening to Dunlap tell us about the sack record he is after is more likely than a trade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:00 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: It hasn’t been existent in 2 years

That is not true.  When Marvin took over the defense after Austin was fired, the defense played better, with better gap integrity and better schemes.  

Sweet Lou is thus far horrible.  But not just Lou, I have to question other coaching assistants because most of the players with the exception of WR have regressed.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote