Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Our Legal System (and what money can buy)
I heard he turned it down. Now I hope he gets his assnailed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-20-2019, 10:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I heard he turned it down. Now I hope he gets his assnailed.

Well, in fairness, people gone crazy. They're wanting Kraft banned from the league or forced to make some reparations to trafficking victims.

Which, is crazy.

He's an old guy that got a hundred dollar handy. It's a misdemeanor. He's not some kind of criminal Mastermind, he's not trump.
(03-20-2019, 09:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Confused. Are you arguing to give Robert Kraft the death penalty now?

No, just arguing how tough penalty's are used to deter offenses, and if you want underaged sex trafficking to stop you can't just give out wrist slaps as punishment.

But it won't stop because these millionaires fund it and they will never face the type of consequences needed to deter them from this trafficking business. It's big business.

Like we see this phenomenon is in demand by the most powerful people in the world and thus it won't change (and why it hasn't). Everyone talks about how big of an issue this is in America, but they can't do anything because the clientele is made up of very powerful people.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-21-2019, 10:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: No, just arguing how tough penalty's are used to deter offenses, and if you want underaged sex trafficking to stop you can't just give out wrist slaps as punishment.

...and again, where are you seeing anyone involved in this were underage? The two involved with Kraft were 39 and in their 50's. I feel like your trying to turn this instance into something it's not. Trafficking is bad no matter the age, so I don't see why you need to try and embellish it with the underage part.
(03-20-2019, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Isn't the purpose of the death penalty to deter people from committing certain crimes? 

The death penalty has never been a deterrent. Although they will try to claim that is the intention. The death penalty is solely about revenge for the victims or families of the victims.