Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Next Right Tackle?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8aWmf6Ppg

If I got my way this would be the Bengals’ next right tackle: Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, #78. He’s 6’9” tall, weighs in between 380 and 400 pounds, and he’s freakishly fast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can Joe throw over a 6'9 guy lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Can Joe throw over a 6'9 guy lol

Only if his pad level is too high.
Reply/Quote

If he has the time - YES
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Please no.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind taking our future RT at #31, as long as we sign a veteran like Reiff to be a quality back up/bridge to the rookie starting.

Expecting a rookie to come in and immediately start RT is a bad idea. Especially so late in the first round. We saw that idea play out at RG this season with Carman.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 09:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8aWmf6Ppg

If I got my way this would be the Bengals’ next right tackle: Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, #78.  He’s 6’9” tall, weighs in between 380 and 400 pounds, and he’s freakishly fast.

I would be fine with drafting him to learn behind  Riley Reiff. We cannot draft him as the starter. To much of a learning curve.
Maybe sign Reiff to another deal like last year. That would leave more money for 2 G's and a Center.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think he’s going to be there at 31. I’d look at Raimann and Penning as potential targets for RT at 31 or you take a guy like Zion Johnson to be your guard of the future there.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 02:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wouldn't mind taking our future RT at #31, as long as we sign a veteran like Reiff to be a quality back up/bridge to the rookie starting.

Expecting a rookie to come in and immediately start RT is a bad idea. Especially so late in the first round. We saw that idea play out at RG this season with Carman.

Well KC sure did not worry about rookies starting and scored big time, All Pro Center as a rookie and All rookie RG... 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 03:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well KC sure did not worry about rookies starting and scored big time, All Pro Center as a rookie and All rookie RG... 

So you're suggesting we draft an all pro center in the 2nd round and an all rookie guard in the 6th round?

Well shit, why didn't the Bengals think of that last year? 

It's so simple. 
Reply/Quote
Did you see him during Senior Bowl week?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 02:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wouldn't mind taking our future RT at #31, as long as we sign a veteran like Reiff to be a quality back up/bridge to the rookie starting.

To be fair, Carman was a mid-2nd-rounder, not a 1st rounder.
Many have the expectation that the earlier a player is picked, the sooner they could/should start and perform at least decent.

With that said, given the overall lack of success the Bengals have had drafting OL, I'd be nervous with starting any OL the Bengals would draft this year.
There are a few exceptions that I've outlined in some other thread(s), so I won't go into the specific players.

I'm totally on board with drafting multiple OL, but I agree that in an ideal world, no rookie OL is starting in 2022. All veteran FAs to start please.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hell no.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 09:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8aWmf6Ppg

If I got my way this would be the Bengals’ next right tackle: Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, #78.  He’s 6’9” tall, weighs in between 380 and 400 pounds, and he’s freakishly fast.

He's not "freakishly fast" from an overall standpoint, but he's pretty athletic for his massive size.
If he lost 50 lbs, he might be able to move even better.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 05:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's not "freakishly fast" from an overall standpoint, but he's pretty athletic for his massive size.
If he lost 50 lbs, he might be able to move even better.

I have a few problems with guys that are this big. 

They usually get injured.
They don't play with great leverage. Adenji is a pretty big boy but Donald got leverage on him and pushed him back to the QB like a blocking sled.
Size is great but I would rather have a big guy that is a great athlete along with it. Anthony Munoz was that type of athlete.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be mad. One thing you cannot teach is size.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 08:59 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have a few problems with guys that are this big. 

They usually get injured.
They don't play with great leverage. Adenji is a pretty big boy but Donald got leverage on him and pushed him back to the QB like a blocking sled.
Size is great but I would rather have a big guy that is a great athlete along with it. Anthony Munoz was that type of athlete.

Faalele is a great athlete. He's just gigantic, so his athleticism isn't as noticeable as someone who is 75 lbs less.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Faalele is a great athlete. He's just gigantic, so his athleticism isn't as noticeable as someone who is 75 lbs less.

I have changed my mind. Any guy that big that can block, run and pass for a TD is athletic enough for me.
With his number being 78 he may just be our next Anthony Munoz.
Do you take him at 31 or hope that he will be there at 63?
Reply/Quote

I  have watched him for a couple years now, and thought he was originally coming out last year.  He sat out COVID, but he is an absolute riot to watch.  When they have him seal the edge, I always envision Mixon (Captain of the cutback) cutting in behind him and bursting upfield.  Once a DE tries to go around him, you never see him again.  He either shoves him about 10 yards upfield or just puts him down with his long arms and jumps on him.  

His biggest struggle is inside counter moves, but I believe that can be taught.  His size and athleticism is just ridiculous.  
Reply/Quote

Pretty much why I keep him at OT.  As a guard, he could be amazing, but he does kind of block out the sun. 
Reply/Quote