Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Tackles have played better
(10-30-2017, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I care if the exterior linemen are playing better, it very well could mean we do not need to spend a high draft pick on another uncertain OT. I don't think you'll get anyone to argue that the interior needs to be addressed.

I don't see the point in spending a high draft pick for the interior. They certainly don't value it that much when it comes time to actually pay them when they're due for it, so why draft them that high? Just roll the dice on finding some later round personal (ala Bodine) that you can find to just be serviceable. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I care if the exterior linemen are playing better, it very well could mean we do not need to spend a high draft pick on another uncertain OT. I don't think you'll get anyone to argue that the interior needs to be addressed.

I will say this.

Ogbuehi has gone from 5 killer pass blocks a game, to 1, maybe 2, plus with 'dre helping out, I think there might be a light turning on at some point; he is NOT the same guy from the first 2 weeks.

Fisher though, again, while showing more tenacity and nastiness, doesn't seem to be doing anything positive (ESPECIALLY yesterday), thus a high pick on a T (say, Mcglinchey, if he's there) would be fine in my eyes and turn Fisher back into the swingman he's been the last few years.

Also would like to mention about yesterday; there were a good 7 or 8 plays where there was a FREE rusher; that is not down to oline play at all, that's due to bad scheming/play calls. Archuleta even brought it up, that they kept sending RBs on routes, instead of keeping them in to pass block.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:44 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't see the point in spending a high draft pick for the interior. They certainly don't value it that much when it comes time to actually pay them when they're due for it, so why draft them that high? Just roll the dice on finding some later round personal (ala Bodine) that you can find to just be serviceable. 

I agree that Interior Olinemen are not as much of a premium as exterior Olinemen and could be had in later rounds. I'd rather be able to use our 1st rounder on BPA such as the DT from BAMA and address interior oline later in the draft or FA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I will say this.

Ogbuehi has gone from 5 killer pass blocks a game, to 1, maybe 2, plus with 'dre helping out, I think there might be a light turning on at some point; he is NOT the same guy from the first 2 weeks.

Fisher though, again, while showing more tenacity and nastiness, doesn't seem to be doing anything positive (ESPECIALLY yesterday), thus a high pick on a T (say, Mcglinchey, if he's there) would be fine in my eyes and turn Fisher back into the swingman he's been the last few years.

Also would like to mention about yesterday; there were a good 7 or 8 plays where there was a FREE rusher; that is not down to oline play at all, that's due to bad scheming/play calls. Archuleta even brought it up, that they kept sending RBs on routes, instead of keeping them in to pass block.

They send RB's on pass routes because Green is the only guy who can get open.

Pick your poison.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I will say this.

I cannot argue this; although I'd just as soon see us put Big Dre at RT fulltime and experiment with Fuller inside; especially if Hopkins misses any time.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Each tackle had 1 look out block. 
It's not better. the IOL is just getting worse actually. 

This is unfortunately true.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:39 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/04/30/bengals-ol-coach-sick-bodine-witch-hunt/83758492/

Evert time he opens his mouth, he reinforces what a clueless, bumbling fool he is.  One man is wrecking an entire franchise, yet his job security is never in doubt.

Stubbornness trumping winning.  Only in Bengal land.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Here are there PFF Grades for the season:

Ced 42.8
Fisher 44.1
Andre Smith 48.1
Clint Boling 72.3 or Average
Trey Hopkins 39.4
Russell Bodine 44.8
TJ Johnson 44.3

Hopkins is actually our worst offensive lineman.

Bodine actually grades out better than Ced and Fisher by a small amount. They are all epically terrible.

Our best offensive lineman Boline grades out at the lower end of Average.
Reply/Quote
Even in the 90's, the Bengals could run the ball, just to put a perspective to the shit show.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:47 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bodine might be worse then Guiachec

:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 07:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dalton won't make it past Jacksonville.

I would call in sick next week if I were Dalton
Reply/Quote
Is Jim McNally still here as a consultant? If so, why are they not listening to him? His teams could always run the ball, no matter how bad the offense might have been. Did we bring him in and then ignore him? Or is he no longer here?

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here are there PFF Grades for the season:

Ced 42.8
Fisher 44.1
Andre Smith 48.1
Clint Boling 72.3 or Average
Trey Hopkins 39.4
Russell Bodine 44.8
TJ Johnson 44.3

Hopkins is actually our worst offensive lineman.

Bodine actually grades out better than Ced and Fisher by a small amount. They are all epically terrible.

Our best offensive lineman Boline grades out at the lower end of Average.

Does this include game yesterday?

Either way, this sucks and why everyone should praise AD for getting anything done.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is unfortunately true.

It's nothing new really. Teams are just remembering that you can get to the QB right up the middle since the Bengals managed to mitigate some OT issues by scheme. 
Failing to pick up stunts and twists involving the center have been a major issue since 2014. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot argue this; although I'd just as soon see us put Big Dre at RT fulltime and experiment with Fuller inside; especially if Hopkins misses any time.

I'm a fan of this strategy, especially if Hopkins has to miss time again due to injury. And put TJ Johnson at C over Blowdine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does this include game yesterday?

Either way, this sucks and why everyone should praise AD for getting anything done.

It does.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's nothing new really. Teams are just remembering that you can get to the QB right up the middle since the Bengals managed to mitigate some OT issues by scheme. 
Failing to pick up stunts and twists involving the center have been a major issue since 2014. 

Hmm, just so happens to be the same year Bodine was drafted...interesting... Hmm
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's nothing new really. Teams are just remembering that you can get to the QB right up the middle since the Bengals managed to mitigate some OT issues by scheme. 

Yup.....if only there wasn't this "witch hunt" going on over #61. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Hopkins is by far our worst offensive lineman. He's worse than Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hopkins is by far our worst offensive lineman. He's worse than Bodine.

1. Stop living or dying by PFF on OL stuff. 

2. No he isn't. 

3. Bodine has single handedly killed this run game for four years. He's the worst and deserves that label. No bad handful of games should change that. 
Reply/Quote