Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us'
(01-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Points per play is a huge metric these days. It measures efficiency and explosiveness. Check out the teams in the top 10. Maybe Zac Taylor’s play calling is underrated.
1.Dallas 2. Tampa 3. Cincy 4. New England 5. Rams 6. Colts 7. KC 8. Buffalo 9. Chargers 10. GB  They are also #7 in yards per play. Teams that have the most explosive plays win 86% of the time

It is hard to go wrong with data! Very impressive!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone else even turning around on Zac as playcaller? Prior to this season, I was willing to give him a chance as strictly a HC but find a replacement playcaller on offense.

Now, it's hard to deny how great our offense has turned around. Sure, there's the Burrow and Chase factors, but they don't create the playbook. They don't create the gameplan (though I'm sure they have input), and while Burrow audibles, I'm sure they're running mostly the plays that Zac calls.

I mean, I won't be upset if Zac says he's going to turn all playcalling over to Callahan or whomever replaces Callahan if he gets a HC gig, but I'm finding myself fine with Zac calling plays if the offense remains this explosive.

For the first time since he arrived, he is finally playing with all of his playbook. They just didn't have the personnel who could either play well enough or were healthy enough to use the entire offense.  It made the first 2 years rather 1 dimensional offensively. Couple that with a defense that couldn't get off the field because of talent deficiencies and you have a recipe for 2 disastrous years.  Now, while they still have work to do with some of the personnel, they have enough of the right pieces in the right places to actually compete in the NFL. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll admit I was upset with the going for it on 4th and four or whatever back early in the season and some other stuff.

But I'm coming around now. Happy

That's actually one of things I've liked about him from day one. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:43 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote:

Have another hype video, free of charge.

Another sweet vid. Used to not like rap but this is some great stuff from my fellow Nate.
Reply/Quote