Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our drafting has sucked lately
(01-30-2024, 02:15 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I like how people are still convincing themselves Carman is ok lol

I know. I almost fell over my desk laughing. The cope is STILL here for this dude after 3 years. He couldn't beat out the shitshow we had at guards in 21, and got upended by Cordell Volson in 22. 

It's a bust. I was two years ahead of the curve on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I know. I almost fell over my desk laughing. The cope is STILL here for this dude after 3 years. He couldn't beat out the shitshow we had at guards in 21, and got upended by Cordell Volson in 22. 

A lot of us were. Remember when the name
Came off the board…. I started flipping through players
“Who the fook is that guy”
Conor voice
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:12 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: A lot of us were.  Remember when the name
Came off the board…. I started flipping through players
“Who the fook is that guy”
Conor voice

Sorry, but no.

There were waaaaaaay too many Jackson Carmenetes to count until he got benched for Volson.

I can dig up any and all receipts. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:16 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Sorry, but no.

There were waaaaaaay too many Jackson Carmenetes to count until he got benched for Volson.

SO many people hated the carman pick or were confused by it. The people who liked it were mainly people who had to convince themselves it was good, and kept referencing "5 star high school recruit"

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao Carman is ASS

get over it

Nobody said he wasn't.  However, Volson is ass, too, so there can be debate as to which would be better.  I mean, I've actually seen Carman pick up a stunt before, whereas Volson just sort of looks over with a blank stare on his face as his man goes by him and gets a free run at the QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Nobody said he wasn't.  However, Volson is ass, too, so there can be debate as to which would be better.  I mean, I've actually seen Carman pick up a stunt before, whereas Volson just sort of looks over with a blank stare on his face as his man goes by him and gets a free run at the QB.

I dont like Volson, and Volson is better than Carman

Reply/Quote
It is just preseason games they do not count....It is just the draft they can start 2 or 3 years from now even if they are a first round pick. Keep kicking that can down the road.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:05 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I been making this point for years honestly.  And there’s always an army of blind faith bengals who defend em.  We need to be better in the draft especially upfront.  Mainly the oline.  Pollack is wayyyyyy overhyped coming from Dallas.  Who has he developed honestly name 1.  Volson can go with pollack.  But even when we took Ross at 9.  It was the dumbest pick even before the pick.  He was a 1 trick pony tiny as hell in a big man’s game and u took him at 9 overall cuz he ran fast.  Just piss poor.  U can’t miss on those picks.  Ross was horribly.  Hell the first time he touched the ball on an end around Malik hooker sent him and the ball 3 rows up.  Look at the chiefs.  They let guys go and the replace em no problem.  I was banging the table for Trey smith and Humphrey all off season and we go jackson carman.  I look at him once.  I don’t get it. Bengals should have a ring by now but the bengals front office and duke Tobin shoot themselves in the foot year in and year out.

Ross was a bad pick, but was far from a one trick pony.  He had elite short area quickness and change of direction and was a nightmare in the red zone in college.  He also displayed that in the Pro's.  His problems were injuries(which he had a history of in college), drops(which he didn't have a history of in college), and a seemingly fragile psyche that crumbled when he had to start facing guys he couldn't just clown with his physical gifts.

I loved Creed Humphrey coming out of college, but the problem is, we were locked in on a RT of the future.  That's an issue of going into the draft looking for specific needs instead of getting the best player.  Smith was very scheme limited coming out, which is a big reason he fell so far.  Honestly, he wouldn't be near as good if he played for a team that didn't get away with holding all day because they're protecting the league poster boy.  We saw how KC was marching up and down the field on the Ravens in the AFCCG until the refs started nailing Smith with holding calls.  After that, the Ravens dominated up front.

Also, KC only has 2 drafted starters on their OL, so it isn't like they are wizards at drafting them.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 10:26 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lmao - I was coming here to say this. 

Carman is dead, you guys. He had one decent playoff game in the snow where defenders couldn't get their footing. 

There's a reason he ain't playing. 

(01-30-2024, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao Carman is ASS

get over it

(01-30-2024, 01:07 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Carman needs to go back to school… high school and play.

(01-30-2024, 01:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I know. I almost fell over my desk laughing. The cope is STILL here for this dude after 3 years. He couldn't beat out the shitshow we had at guards in 21, and got upended by Cordell Volson in 22. 

I really didnt like the Carman draft selection. But the guy is simply a depth piece on the last year of his contract, assuming he makes the cut. It is interesting how some just hate and hate on a guy due to where he was drafted. The fact that we are discussing his play at LG and the Bills game gets some so riled up is comical. I hope he he improves enough to be a quality fill-in if the need arises.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Nobody said he wasn't.  However, Volson is ass, too, so there can be debate as to which would be better.  I mean, I've actually seen Carman pick up a stunt before, whereas Volson just sort of looks over with a blank stare on his face as his man goes by him and gets a free run at the QB.

If only we had a training camp competition or something to settle the matter.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I really didnt like the Carman draft selection.  But the guy is simply a depth piece on the last year of his contract, assuming he makes the cut.  It is interesting how some just hate and hate on a guy due to where he was drafted.  The fact that we are discussing his play at LG and the Bills game gets some so riled up is comical.  I hope he he improves enough to be a quality fill-in if the need arises.

Hilarious marry the guy why dontcha 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: Also, KC only has 2 drafted starters on their OL, so it isn't like they are wizards at drafting them.

They are also in the last year of their contracts, I wonder if KC will be able to keep them both.  Thuney will be a 26M cap hit and Taylor will be a 24M hit (Mahomes 57M).

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious marry the guy why dontcha 

Gonna be a long off season......

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:22 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: If only we had a training camp competition or something to settle the matter.

Talk to Evan Mathis and Trey Hopkins about TC battles.  
Reply/Quote

Volson isn't ass. He's an average to below average player. He also wasn't taken as a reach in the high second round. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hilarious marry the guy why dontcha 

A nagging Wife could help Carman play better.

Make him angry enough to eat nails...   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Volson isn't ass. He's an average to below average player. He also wasn't taken as a reach in the high second round. 

Volson is trash.  He's been Top 5 and Top 10 in sacks allowed with 5 each year, and has had PFF grades of 51.6 and 58.3.

Carman (also trash), allowed 0 sacks and had a 56.3 rating in a half season starting his rookie year.  

I'm not saying I'm happy with either one starting.  I'm saying that if protecting Joe Burrow is a priority, maybe we shouldn't be trotting out the guy who's bonafide one of the worst pass protectors in the league if there's a guy who appears to be able to pass protect better riding the pine.

I don't get wanting Volson to start simply because he was drafted later and replacement level starter/backup is all you can really expect out of a 4th round pick. Not to mention, Volson was a ridiculous reach, himself. He was drafted 136th overall and was rated 204th overall
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:52 PM)depthchart Wrote: A nagging Wife could help Carman play better.

Make him angry enough to eat nails...   Tongue

Glass, dammit!  We need glass eaters!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:16 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Sorry, but no.

Throw the receipts away. Plenty of people will just exhume a lot of the hyperbole and and troll like posts you've become famous for in retaliation. You didn't like Carmen in 21... Cool. You also buried Myles Murphy after like 12 snaps this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Glass, dammit!  We need glass eaters!

I subconsciously changed it to Nails for the New O-line Coach that Fans want.

But it will probably remain Glass eaters for Pollack.

Either way, a Wife for Carman could turn the Tide and make him Angry enough to play better.

Could do a Study to see if the better O-lineman in the NFL have a tendency to be married.

Might break the Code...
Reply/Quote