Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our future is starting to look bleak...
Not feeling to good about the future of this team, we lose two great coaches in Hue and Vance and granted we've been 1 and done in the playoffs under Marvin, let's face it he's turned this franchise around and next season could be his last, i'm nervous who we hire as our OC I really hope we don't go back to Bratkowski, also look at our free agents this season, we had our chance and now our future looks a little bleak :/
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Dear lord Debbie downer. We lost a couple of coaches. And last I checked there were plenty of hue Jackson was a idiot threads and posts on here anyway.

Marvin will hire good people. Still betting he is reaching out to Dirk Koetter.
Reply/Quote
We lost two great coaches in Gruden and Zimmer and we have been fine.. we have drafted well, had good sound contracts, these will be a tough year on FA's but the core of our team will be back next year..

and the future of Dalton i don;t think ever looked brighter
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: Not feeling to good about the future of this team, we lose two great coaches in Hue and Vance and granted we've been 1 and done in the playoffs under Marvin, let's face it he's turned this franchise around and next season could be his last, i'm nervous who we hire as our OC I really hope we don't go back to Bratkowski, also look at our free agents this season, we had our chance and now our future looks a little bleak :/

I don't think Hue is all that great.  And, if you get right down to it, VJ was the Assistant DB coach.  We didn't fall apart when Zim left or when Gruden left.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Completely disagree.

First, Marvin has made excellent hires whenever coaches leave. There is nothing to suggest that the next OC and DB coach (Coyle probably) won't do an outstanding job.

Second, the free agency losses are not looking as dire as they may have been early in the season. The only two losses that would concern me would be Marvin Jones and Iloka. Other than that, anyone who potentially leaves either already has a replacement ready to go or could easily be replaced via draft or free agency.

Third, let's not lose perspective. The Bengals have an excellent roster and will get back a QB that was a legitimate MVP candidate in 2015. Barring an unlucky run of devastating injuries, the Bengals will undoubtedly be in the running for a division title and playoff shot in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: Not feeling to good about the future of this team, we lose two great coaches in Hue and Vance and granted we've been 1 and done in the playoffs under Marvin, let's face it he's turned this franchise around and next season could be his last, i'm nervous who we hire as our OC I really hope we don't go back to Bratkowski, also look at our free agents this season, we had our chance and now our future looks a little bleak :/

On the bright side: Hue was better than Gruden, who was better than Bratkowski. I wouldn't give up on the future just yet.

(01-13-2016, 04:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear lord Debbie downer.   We lost a couple of coaches.     And last I checked there were plenty of hue Jackson was a idiot threads and posts on here anyway.    

Marvin will hire good people.    Still betting he is reaching out to Dirk Koetter.

I'd still rather kick a few West Coast Offense tires, but I'm guessing you're right. I think I read Koetter was Marvin's best man.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:44 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Completely disagree.  

First, Marvin has made excellent hires whenever coaches leave.  There is nothing to suggest that the next OC and DB coach (Coyle probably) won't do an outstanding job.

Second, the free agency losses are not looking as dire as they may have been early in the season.  The only two losses that would concern me would be Marvin Jones and Iloka.  Other than that, anyone who potentially leaves either already has a replacement ready to go or could easily be replaced via draft or free agency.

Third, let's not lose perspective.  The Bengals have an excellent roster and will get back a QB that was a legitimate MVP candidate in 2015.  Barring an unlucky run of devastating injuries, the Bengals will undoubtedly be in the running for a division title and playoff shot in 2016.

Totally agree with the post
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:45 PM)gobobro Wrote: On the bright side: Hue was better than Gruden, who was better than Bratkowski. I wouldn't give up on the future just yet.

I'd still rather kick a few West Coast Offense tires, but I'm guessing you're right. I think I read Koetter was Marvin's best man.

That's what Koetter runs. It's basically that same philosophy Hue used.

Koetter as an OC and possible coach in waiting here is a better deal than he will get anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I like how the same people who think firing Marvin will make us 3-13 overnight have no concerns about us hemorrhaging coordinators over the past years.
Reply/Quote
Losing Zimmer was a bigger blow then losing Hue would be and we survived that.

I'm actually feeling better then this time last year on the outlook of the team. Andy has showed he can be a franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I like how the same people who think firing Marvin will make us 3-13 overnight have no concerns about us hemorrhaging coordinators over the past years.

Losing coordinators isn't an issue if you keep position coaches and head coach stable. Losing hue plus 2 offensive position coaches would hurt. Defensively losing VJ and Burke hurts but having Pauly and marvin outweighs and allows for an easier transition . Especially if we bring in who I think we will .... Will be same language and same techniques being taught.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:55 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Losing Zimmer was a bigger blow then losing Hue would be and we survived that.

I'm actually feeling better then this time last year on the outlook of the team. Andy has showed he can be a franchise QB.

Totally agree.  With the cars parked in our offense's garage and what you said about Andy, I gotta think any offensive mind out there is in play for us.  We can afford to pick and choose.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
It'll be a rough transition for Dalton. It is the beginning of the end when you lose OC's every couple years. Never good for a qb.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: It'll be a rough transition for Dalton. It is the beginning of the end when you lose OC's every couple years. Never good for a qb.

We will see what the plan it for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: It'll be a rough transition for Dalton. It is the beginning of the end when you lose OC's every couple years. Never good for a qb.

I don't know.  Maybe you just keep it very much the same.  Andy has shown the ability to adapt.  I think he'll be alright.  Maybe the next guy will rediscover the ability to consistently run the ball.  Hue lost me when he gave the ball to The Fumbler Saturday night.

Reply/Quote
Under Marvin Lewis we were and still are a good team - but we will never be a great team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The future still looks fine, gloomypants. What happened the last time the Bengals lost 2 valuable coaches? They responded with back-to-back playoff berths and their first 12-4 record since the 80s.

Suck it the **** up.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

C'mon Man !!  You know how this works - one door closes, and another one opens. Obviously, we haven't hit the right combination yet, or else we'd be dancin' around the Lombardi by now. We'll keep it up until we get it right, or our collective heads explode. Meanwhile, we get to see some pretty weird shit. No worries.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Losing coordinators isn't an issue if you keep position coaches and head coach stable.    Losing hue plus 2 offensive position coaches would hurt.     Defensively losing VJ and Burke hurts but having Pauly and marvin outweighs and allows for an easier transition .  Especially if we bring in who I think we will .... Will be same language and same techniques being taught.

I'm going to give you rep for saying Pauly and "outweighs."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm going to give you rep for saying Pauly and "outweighs."

He's definitely giving Marvin and PA a run for their money in the who's got the biggest belly race.

Reply/Quote